Representing Dirt

When all states have the same number of senators, that is a government that represents itself.
New Yorkers, Pennsylvanians, New Jerseyans, Massachusites, Michiganders, Connecticuters, Californians, etc... are no minority, they are the majority of Americans.

When all states have the same number of senators, that is a government that represents itself.

LOL.

You didn't take November well did you?

So um......you do realize that changing the number of Senators will not effect our Constitutional Rights don't you?

Senators were originally elected by state legislatures, not by the people of the state. So members of the House of Representatives represented the people, while Senators represented the state governments.

Yes the election will affect people's constitutional rights, to equal treatment under the law, and to petition the government for redress of grievances... under which people are entitled to government services.

And don't give me shit about November... that was a very small minority that voted.

Yes the election will affect people's constitutional rights, to equal treatment under the law, and to petition the government for redress of grievances... under which people are entitled to government services.

And don't give me shit about November... that was a very small minority that voted.

WRONG ! People are not entitled to government services. No where does it say that in the Constitution.
The people have guaranteed rights of life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. Not government goodie programs that control you and have us 18 Trillion in debt.
18 Trillion in debt that our young are on the hook for, to pay back. Which means that a large amount of the money they make will go toward that big debt rather than the things they need or want.
What government gives you, they also have the means to take it away.

The right to petition the government for redress of grievances, is the right to "government goodie programs" dickhead,

Nowadays, the House represents a bunch of squiggly lines drawn by people in order to neutralize opposition

The right to petition the government for redress of grievances, is the right to "government goodie programs" dickhead,

No it isn't
And you want only liberal representation and to hell with conservative and independent representation, even though the majority of population is conservative and moderate.
You want a tyrannical dictatorship of 23% with one ideology only and no tolerance for any thing other than that.

You have taken indoctrination well young man!

Bravo

now go fetch me a Sammie. It's the will of the people

When I hear or read pap like this example from Bluejay28, I wonder how much comes from them and how much is just regurgitated crap they hear from their teachers. Teachers who for the most part have never had a job in the real world dealing with reality.

I enjoy talking to young people and when I visit with those who are still in school, I really enjoy asking them what they're studying and their take on the subject. It soon becomes apparent they are being "guided" in a very specific direction and at great cost.

Unless they stay in the artificial cocoon of academics or politics, their "education" quickly fails them when they try to apply what they've learned to reality.

Our little Bluejay appears to have a bright future as a Women's Studies professor. If not, I hope there's a trust fund to feed this little one.

Last edited:

I am betting you thought 2012 was a great Dem victory ;)

YOUR side didn't blame them.

Now as to the Constitution, tell me how the Senate can change it?

I was asked at school, to create a list of problems that exist in American politics, this is the list that I came up with.

1. This is a republic whereby the politicians create the laws.
Amongst those politicians, are Senators and Representatives from each state in Washington DC.
Each and every state has guaranteed equal representation in the Senate, 2 senators from each state.

This is regardless of the state's population, which creates minority rule over the majority.

It creates minority rule over the majority, because when 1 state has 15 or 30 million people, and another has less than 3 million people, and they both have equal representation in the government, the smaller population can over rule the larger population... a phenomenon called "Representing Dirt".

Why is it called representing dirt ? because you have empty states (dirt) which makes up the majority of the STATES in the USA... having greater representation in congress than the states where the PEOPLE live.

If each state has 2 senators, and the northeast, the mid atlantic and far west have the American population... and the bulk of the American land takes up more of the USA and has more states...

And BOTH the senate, and the house have to agree with each other in order to create or repeal policy...

The dirt ends up with the representation, therefore the dirt gets to decide the politics.

2. This place right here where we are at, Arkansas... is part the dirt and not the people, this state is part of the MAJORITY of the dirt... and the MINORITY of the people.. who voted republican, and continue to hold Americans hostage to right wing policies.

This state has no business having greater representation in congress, than the state of New York.

However, due to a faulty system, or one deliberately designed to represent dirt... this state does have more representation than New York.

Which it shouldn't.

3. The definition of what is the USA is, is way too fixated on national borders, and not the people...
Therefore what is patriotism, is also fixated on borders, and not the people.

What makes a nation is the people, however we're loaded with politicians who continue to represent dirt, and call their love for dirt "patriotism", while the people who actually make up the country are left to starve, like chopped liver.

This is basically what the GOP

This is basically what the GOP who is only in office because of the DIRT that I described above, continues to hold the USA to.

1. The first amendment means that one gets to claim religion, and in effect make his own laws, and get away with not abiding by ours.

2. The first amendment protects hate speech against legally protected groups which are Race, Creed, Religion, Age, Sexual Orientation, Gender, Disability, National Origin and Veteran Status.

3. The second amendment means that the individual gets to own a firearm.

4. Supply side economic politics creates wealth.

These are all false because the constitution is open to interpretation, and these are all what the GOP that represents states where Americans don't live (called dirt).. continue to hold the PEOPLE (the population) hostage to.

What needs to happen, is we need to have a popular vote in the USA.
Popular vote wins in elections, and make it mandatory to vote.

And make failure to vote, punishable by a $250,000 fine, and up to 10 years in prison.
(so that there is no low voter turnouts, and therefore minority rule)

We also need to make the representation by senators, proportionate to their state's population.

1 senator per million people.

That's what we need to do.
You have no how and why we came to have a bicameral legislature with one house based on proportional representation, and one house representing each state equally, do you?

The government has no business having representation by itself, and states with a smaller population having the same representation as much larger states, is representing dirt.
Again, you seem to have no clue as to what federalism actually is, why we have 2 houses in the legislative branch or anything whatsoever about our government. It is very sad to see someone that is apparently in school that seems to understand so little about their own government.

You can keep repeating your phrase about representing dirt but I assure you it only makes you look silly as you refuse to address anything brought up here.

^^^
"It is very sad to see someone that is apparently in school that seems to understand so little about their own government."

My hope is that our little one here is a freshman in high school. My fear is that the tyke is a senior in college or graduate school.

Bluejay28, would you please tell us which school you attend and at what level? If you're in college have you declared a major and if so, what is it? How are you financing your education? What are your career plans after you graduate?

Thanks.

I have high hopes. Blue Jay might just make it....passing though the academic-to-real world nexus, and blossoming into a rational human being.

Or maybe not...

Forum List

Back