Repenting Homosexuals

Does Roman Chapter 1 lie about who homosexuals are?

• Yes.

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • No.

Votes: 9 81.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
But is it clearly explained in Romans? If it were clearly explained in Romans you should be able to explain it to me in your own words, right? Go ahead because I don't believe you can.

THIS IS THE BIBLICAL VIEW NOT MINE.

A person repeatedly rejected God. God got sick of being rejected and turned them over to a reprobate mind. Then later they start doing weird sex with people with the same sex organs.

Homosexuality isn't sin according to the Bible. It is just evidence of someone who has repeatedly rejected God. Now they are worthless and have no value to offer and should not be trusted.

But is it clearly explained in Romans? If it were clearly explained in Romans you should be able to explain it to me in your own words, right? Go ahead because I don't believe you can.

A person repeatedly rejected God. God got sick of being rejected and turned them over to a reprobate mind. Then later they start doing weird sex with people with the same sex organs.

Homosexuality isn't sin according to the Bible. It is just evidence of someone who has repeatedly rejected God. Now they are worthless and have no value to offer and should not be trusted.

It actually says that in the Bible?

C'mon, man.

And to think that you have been teaching that for how many years now?

Because it teaches lies about homosexuality.
How do you know that exactly? What lies is it teaching?

That homosexuals are all reprobates with dysfunctional minds. That probably isn't true or nobody would hire them to work for their company.
You got all of that from the Bible?

Can you tell me what you believe homosexuals are?

It is all clearly explained in Roman's Chapter One.

I believe homosexuals are weird human beings but human beings nonetheless.

They are also a convenient scapegoat because we always have at least some homosexuals in any society. They are always a super minority thus ok to blame for all societies problems without offending the non homosexual majority. They know there is something weird about them homos anyways, so they buy it hook, line and sinker.
First of all they aren't weird. They are different. Specifically, their attraction to the same sex. That's what's different. Otherwise, they are just like everyone else, broken human beings for the most part.

They aren't scapegoats. No one is blaming them for anything that I am aware of. Yes, we should leave what is done in the bedroom in the bedroom. No, we shouldn't raise any one sin above another sin unless it is a mortal sin. I don't think promiscuity is a mortal sin. There's something about perpetual venial sins but no one is being murdered or bearing false witness against a neighbor or taking what's not theirs, right?

My view on homosexuality is the direct opposite of God's view on homosexuality .

The issue of homosexuality has totally contributed to my desire to leave the Christian culture. I voted yes in this poll and you should too if you think God is wrong about homosexuality.

Those who spread hate on homosexuals need to repent
The abrahamic god tells you homosexuality is a sin. To them, it's not hate.
Why are you so bigoted against abrahamic beliefs?
You dont sound any better than they do.
The Abrahamic God is an asshole

Those who hate are sinners
RWer sez, "The Abrahamic God is an asshole"
This board intended the Religion and Ethics forum to promote ethics, not blasphemy.

Have you ever heard of a homosexual that *repented of the sin of homosexuality?

If not, does this prove that Romans 1 is true?

If so, does this prove that Romans 1 is a lie?

*Repent means to stop doing it.

Repent doesn't mean stop doing it..

re·pent
/rəˈpent/
Learn to pronounce
verb
  1. feel or express sincere regret or remorse about one's wrongdoing or sin.
    "the priest urged his listeners to repent"
    synonyms: feel remorse for, regret, be sorry for, rue, reproach oneself for, be ashamed of, feel contrite about, wish that one had not done something;

Every single mention in the Bible of repentance means a turning from sin. You understand this too. IOW you can't repent from adultery but continue to have sex with your mistress every night. If you do, you haven't repented.

Martin Luther ~ Sola fide... of course you can do the same sin over and over again according to the protestant's...as long as you repent .

That homosexuals are all reprobates with dysfunctional minds. That probably isn't true or nobody would hire them to work for their company.

They are also a convenient scapegoat because we always have at least some homosexuals in any society. They are always a super minority thus ok to blame for all societies problems without offending the non homosexual majority. They know there is something weird about them homos anyways, so they buy it hook, line and sinker.
First of all they aren't weird. They are different. Specifically, their attraction to the same sex. That's what's different. Otherwise, they are just like everyone else, broken human beings for the most part.

They aren't scapegoats. No one is blaming them for anything that I am aware of. Yes, we should leave what is done in the bedroom in the bedroom. No, we shouldn't raise any one sin above another sin unless it is a mortal sin. I don't think promiscuity is a mortal sin. There's something about perpetual venial sins but no one is being murdered or bearing false witness against a neighbor or taking what's not theirs, right?

My view on homosexuality is the direct opposite of God's view on homosexuality .

The issue of homosexuality has totally contributed to my desire to leave the Christian culture. I voted yes in this poll and you should too if you think God is wrong about homosexuality.

How narcissist of you.

I think you're a troll. That wasn't an option on the poll.

But you taught that to kids at the Christian school you teach at, right?

How many years did you teach that?

Scat eating sodomites will burn in the pits of hell.

Are you nervous about something? What happens to the fornicators and the adulterers? If you had sex before you were married, or violated your vows in marriage, what do you think is going to happen to you?

Did you appear to take your marriage vows clothed in pure white?

I have repented for my sins. I have bathed in the blood of the lord...what about you?

I have a feeling YOU may be a scat eating sodomite yourself.

Turn or burn.

You are nuts. european-ancestored ex-Catholic heterosexual woman from the Jersey 'burbs, now living in Virginia. No. I'm not a fundie. On whose nightstand did you leave your purity ring?
That explains a lot...a Catholic. You should wash yourself in the blood of Jesus and repent your sins. If the shit eaters repented for their sins and did not return to them they would also receive forgiveness and avoid the fires of hell.

Wow. You are really fixated on scat. You might want to talk to a therapist about that.

Paul was sinning. He was right.
Maybe. But do you believe you are the judge of him? Isn't it for the judge to decide?

You usurped God, I hope you realize. God already told Paul what was going was sin. And Paul knew this. Then comes you, telling him, no no, no worries, this is not sin.

So here you are, accusing me of judging Paul, when in reality you have judged the God of all what is a Bad Judge and telling Paul and God that his commandments are wrong.

To be honest, ding. I have no use for this kind of "Christianity".
I did no such thing, my dear.

I didn't accuse you of judging anyone. I asked you a question. Are you the decider of who has sinned or is God?

No, God is. It's in His Word. And if you don't believe the Word than why even bother to call yourself a Christian? Why believe any of it? Or are YOU the arbiter, able to choose the things you like and discard what you don't?

I guess you're the decider. Right?
Do you place the Bible above God or God above the Bible?

How do you know about God if not the Bible?

So you caved to the culture.

It will happen to a lot more people before this is all over. But it's not new, that's for sure.

So you caved to the culture.

It will happen to a lot more people before this is all over. But it's not new, that's for sure.
No. He’s a troll. He’s trolling us.

Maybe. But do you believe you are the judge of him? Isn't it for the judge to decide?

You usurped God, I hope you realize. God already told Paul what was going was sin. And Paul knew this. Then comes you, telling him, no no, no worries, this is not sin.

So here you are, accusing me of judging Paul, when in reality you have judged the God of all what is a Bad Judge and telling Paul and God that his commandments are wrong.

To be honest, ding. I have no use for this kind of "Christianity".
I did no such thing, my dear.

I didn't accuse you of judging anyone. I asked you a question. Are you the decider of who has sinned or is God?

No, God is. It's in His Word. And if you don't believe the Word than why even bother to call yourself a Christian? Why believe any of it? Or are YOU the arbiter, able to choose the things you like and discard what you don't?

Do you place the Bible above God or God above the Bible?

How do you know about God if not the Bible?
If we never had the Bible Hod’s spirit would still be inside us.

If we never had the Bible we would still know right from wrong as it has been hardwired into us.

My argument is that God is the decider.

If you recall I answered maybe. You are the only one who has decided.

Then maybe God created all.

Then maybe Jesus died on the cross and was resurrected.

Then maybe maybe maybe..you might as well believe in nothing.
God did create everything. And everything he created is good.

God loved man so much that he chose to be born into this world to testify to the truth and sacrifice himself to reconcile justice with mercy.

Why would I want to believe in nothing?

re·pent
/rəˈpent/
Learn to pronounce
verb
    synonyms: feel remorse for, regret, be sorry for, rue, reproach oneself for, be ashamed of, feel contrite about, wish that one had not done something;

Every single mention in the Bible of repentance means a turning from sin. You understand this too. IOW you can't repent from adultery but continue to have sex with your mistress every night. If you do, you haven't repented.
What is the sin of homosexuality?
Who is harmed?

The Bible commends beating children, wives and slaves
How is that not a sin?

Since you are intellectually bankrupt
I took it upon myself to write you out a reality check
Use it wisely...Knowledge is power
So Constantine had a committee, that did his bidding in deciding what books went into the canon
WRONG

giphy.gif

Childish. Aren't you. You apparently do not understand that Constantine's committee chose which books were to be included and which to be dropped on the floor. Sorry that you are so ignorant of the history of Christianity and scared of discussing issues of morality.
You are yet another; ignorant, insignificant, irrelevant, arrogant,
Google wannabe know it all who doesn’t know shit, oxygen thief!

I might have considered it extremely sad...
how utterly content you are in your ignorance
...if it weren’t so deliciously pathetic

Instead of entering the arena prepared for intellectual combat
with the armor of knowledge and an arsenal of facts,
you stumble in here naked, empty handed and cocky...
totally oblivious of the impending slaughter that awaits you
and absolutely deserving of the defeat you will be handed

I replied with a single word...WRONG

All you had to do to know with certainty
that I was WRONG and didn’t know what I was talking about
was to make sure that you knew for certain
what the fuck you were blathering about

Nope, you couldn’t even do that
Instead, you continue to suffer from verbial diarrhea

Me, childish
Bitch, please...you ARE the weakest link

Telling ME I don’t understand that Constantine decided
which writings were omitted from/approved for inclusion
in the NT canon, using ‘his committee’ to carry out his directives

YOU feel sorry for ME because according to you
I am so ignorant about the history of Christianity
and am scared of discussing issues of morality

Pay attention you clueless idiot

YOU ARE WRONG

WHAT YOU ARE CLAIMING IS NOT FACTUAL

YOU DO NOT KNOW WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT

YOU ARE THE ONE WHO IS IGNORANT ABOUT
THE HISTORY OF THE BIBLE AND CHRISTIANITY

The Roman Emperor Constantine 1 called the bishops
representing the world to a universal meeting in 325

These church heads were not ‘his committee’
they were the ecumenical council in church hierarchy

The Council of Nicaea didn't involve disputes
about canonical writings,it involved disputes about
the theology of Arius and Arianism

Their gathering had to do with theological concepts,
from which 20 Canons were created.

Ecclesiastical canons, laws
that all Christians living in the empire were bound by

Having NOTHING to do with canonical books/writings
accepted as divinely inspired and authentic
to be included as part of the 27 books of the NT canon

Which, BTW, was formally approved by
and released in the 4th century by Athanasius,
Constantine had NOTHING to do with
canonical inclusion or exclusion for the NT canon

Now go sit in the corner and STFU

Last edited:

re·pent
/rəˈpent/
Learn to pronounce
verb

What is the sin of homosexuality?
Who is harmed?

The Bible commends beating children, wives and slaves
How is that not a sin?
A lie told often enough becomes the truth. Vladimir Lenin

Scat eating sodomites will burn in the pits of hell.

Are you nervous about something? What happens to the fornicators and the adulterers? If you had sex before you were married, or violated your vows in marriage, what do you think is going to happen to you?

Did you appear to take your marriage vows clothed in pure white?

I have repented for my sins. I have bathed in the blood of the lord...what about you?

I have a feeling YOU may be a scat eating sodomite yourself.

Turn or burn.

You are nuts. european-ancestored ex-Catholic heterosexual woman from the Jersey 'burbs, now living in Virginia. No. I'm not a fundie. On whose nightstand did you leave your purity ring?
That explains a lot...a Catholic. You should wash yourself in the blood of Jesus and repent your sins. If the shit eaters repented for their sins and did not return to them they would also receive forgiveness and avoid the fires of hell.

Wow. You are really fixated on scat. You might want to talk to a therapist about that.
I think you will be burning with the rest. Scat eater.

Forum List

Back