Repenting Homosexuals

Does Roman Chapter 1 lie about who homosexuals are?

• Yes.

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • No.

Votes: 9 81.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Paul was sinning. He was right.
Maybe. But do you believe you are the judge of him? Isn't it for the judge to decide?

You usurped God, I hope you realize. God already told Paul what was going was sin. And Paul knew this. Then comes you, telling him, no no, no worries, this is not sin.

So here you are, accusing me of judging Paul, when in reality you have judged the God of all what is a Bad Judge and telling Paul and God that his commandments are wrong.

To be honest, ding. I have no use for this kind of "Christianity".
I did no such thing, my dear.

I didn't accuse you of judging anyone. I asked you a question. Are you the decider of who has sinned or is God?

No, God is. It's in His Word. And if you don't believe the Word than why even bother to call yourself a Christian? Why believe any of it? Or are YOU the arbiter, able to choose the things you like and discard what you don't?

I guess you're the decider. Right?
Do you place the Bible above God or God above the Bible?

That is impossible if you are referring to Yahweh, Jesus or the Holy Spirit. Which God are you referencing?

In the beginning was the word and the word was God. John 1:1

Is marijuana your favorite treat? Is it possibly shrooms or heroine? I think you are talking to a subject of a drug induced hallucination not an actual god. You are implying that God is independent of the Bible. That's cool but don't pretend you have any authority if you can just make shit up as you go.

Paul was sinning. He was right.
Maybe. But do you believe you are the judge of him? Isn't it for the judge to decide?

You usurped God, I hope you realize. God already told Paul what was going was sin. And Paul knew this. Then comes you, telling him, no no, no worries, this is not sin.

So here you are, accusing me of judging Paul, when in reality you have judged the God of all what is a Bad Judge and telling Paul and God that his commandments are wrong.

I didn't accuse you of judging anyone. I asked you a question. Are you the decider of who has sinned or is God?

No, God is. It's in His Word. And if you don't believe the Word than why even bother to call yourself a Christian? Why believe any of it? Or are YOU the arbiter, able to choose the things you like and discard what you don't?

I know SweetSue92 ignores everything I say but she got you good. Why be a Christian when you really aren't a Christian at all?

But is it clearly explained in Romans? If it were clearly explained in Romans you should be able to explain it to me in your own words, right? Go ahead because I don't believe you can.

THIS IS THE BIBLICAL VIEW NOT MINE.

A person repeatedly rejected God. God got sick of being rejected and turned them over to a reprobate mind. Then later they start doing weird sex with people with the same sex organs.

Homosexuality isn't sin according to the Bible. It is just evidence of someone who has repeatedly rejected God. Now they are worthless and have no value to offer and should not be trusted.

And to think that you have been teaching that for how many years now?

This subject has never come up in the classroom.

That homosexuals are all reprobates with dysfunctional minds. That probably isn't true or nobody would hire them to work for their company.
You got all of that from the Bible?

Can you tell me what you believe homosexuals are?

It is all clearly explained in Roman's Chapter One.

I believe homosexuals are weird human beings but human beings nonetheless.

They are also a convenient scapegoat because we always have at least some homosexuals in any society. They are always a super minority thus ok to blame for all societies problems without offending the non homosexual majority. They know there is something weird about them homos anyways, so they buy it hook, line and sinker.
First of all they aren't weird. They are different. Specifically, their attraction to the same sex. That's what's different. Otherwise, they are just like everyone else, broken human beings for the most part.

They aren't scapegoats. No one is blaming them for anything that I am aware of. Yes, we should leave what is done in the bedroom in the bedroom. No, we shouldn't raise any one sin above another sin unless it is a mortal sin. I don't think promiscuity is a mortal sin. There's something about perpetual venial sins but no one is being murdered or bearing false witness against a neighbor or taking what's not theirs, right?

But is it clearly explained in Romans? If it were clearly explained in Romans you should be able to explain it to me in your own words, right? Go ahead because I don't believe you can.

My view on homosexuality is the direct opposite of God's view on homosexuality .

The issue of homosexuality has totally contributed to my desire to leave the Christian culture. I voted yes in this poll and you should too if you think God is wrong about homosexuality.

How narcissist of you.

Is this a hit and run post? I am interested in hearing what you have to say.

That homosexuals are all reprobates with dysfunctional minds. That probably isn't true or nobody would hire them to work for their company.

They are also a convenient scapegoat because we always have at least some homosexuals in any society. They are always a super minority thus ok to blame for all societies problems without offending the non homosexual majority. They know there is something weird about them homos anyways, so they buy it hook, line and sinker.
First of all they aren't weird. They are different. Specifically, their attraction to the same sex. That's what's different. Otherwise, they are just like everyone else, broken human beings for the most part.

They aren't scapegoats. No one is blaming them for anything that I am aware of. Yes, we should leave what is done in the bedroom in the bedroom. No, we shouldn't raise any one sin above another sin unless it is a mortal sin. I don't think promiscuity is a mortal sin. There's something about perpetual venial sins but no one is being murdered or bearing false witness against a neighbor or taking what's not theirs, right?

My view on homosexuality is the direct opposite of God's view on homosexuality .

The issue of homosexuality has totally contributed to my desire to leave the Christian culture. I voted yes in this poll and you should too if you think God is wrong about homosexuality.
I think you're a troll. That wasn't an option on the poll.

Yes was an option in the poll. What do you mean?

But you taught that to kids at the Christian school you teach at, right?

How many years did you teach that?

The students at my school already know what the Bible says about homosexuality. They are obligated to carry a Bible to school everyday. They don't just make up dumb shit about "God" like you do. They actually have a respect for the Bible. You have probably never seen one and have no desire to ever see one.

I am not even sure why I talk to you. It is crystal clear where you stand. -----> nowhere

How do you know about God if not the Bible?

He makes it up when he has a good feeling.

No one should repent of "being" a homosexual. One cannot help one's proclivities and they are not, in themselves, sinful.

By analogy, does a heterosexual man have to "repent" of wanting to copulate with every beautiful girl he encounters on the beach? Hardly.

But homosexual sodomy is sinful, and we should avoid sin and repent for our past sins.
Those who spread hate on homosexuals need to repent
The abrahamic god tells you homosexuality is a sin. To them, it's not hate.
Why are you so bigoted against abrahamic beliefs?
You dont sound any better than they do.
The Abrahamic God is an asshole

Those who hate are sinners

No he was not. If you think that, then that simply proves you don't know the G-d of the Bible.

If those who hate are sinners, then that would make you the king of sinners, given how much hate and judgement on people you don't know, and have never met, that I've seen you post throughout this forum.

Those who spread hate on homosexuals need to repent

The Bible teaching is clear. You would have to abandon Christianity. Is that what you are implying?
What's clear is that the bible was written by men, imbued with man's ignorance, fear, and hate; in this case the unwarranted hate of homosexuals.

That's only clear to you, not everyone else. There are roughly 2.4 Billion Christians world wide. And let's move even beyond that, the majority of the rest of the worlds faiths, also believe the same, without the Bible.

In fact the only thing we can say conclusively, is that the number of people with your views..... very very tiny minority of people.

My argument is that God is the decider.

If you recall I answered maybe. You are the only one who has decided.

Then maybe God created all.

Then maybe Jesus died on the cross and was resurrected.

Then maybe maybe maybe..you might as well believe in nothing.
God did create everything. And everything he created is good.

God loved man so much that he chose to be born into this world to testify to the truth and sacrifice himself to reconcile justice with mercy.

Why would I want to believe in nothing?

For the same reason you want to believe in anything I suppose. I mean look, you had dialogue with a man who was married to a man, knew it was sin, confessed to you it was sin--and you, rather than saying, yes it's sin but there's forgiveness--you told him nope, not sin.

Do I have that right? You told him this was NOT sin?

And you accuse OTHERS of deciding for God!

Have you ever heard of a homosexual that *repented of the sin of homosexuality?

If not, does this prove that Romans 1 is true?

If so, does this prove that Romans 1 is a lie?

*Repent means to stop doing it.

Repent doesn't mean stop doing it..

re·pent
/rəˈpent/
Learn to pronounce
verb
  1. feel or express sincere regret or remorse about one's wrongdoing or sin.
    "the priest urged his listeners to repent"
    synonyms: feel remorse for, regret, be sorry for, rue, reproach oneself for, be ashamed of, feel contrite about, wish that one had not done something;

Every single mention in the Bible of repentance means a turning from sin. You understand this too. IOW you can't repent from adultery but continue to have sex with your mistress every night. If you do, you haven't repented.
What is the sin of homosexuality?
Who is harmed?

The Bible commends beating children, wives and slaves
How is that not a sin?

You are so ignorant of the Bible I can't even get started. It's like an ocean of ignorance met with still, an ocean of hate. Which is so typical. But to meet your claim, the Bible certainly does NOT commend "beating" wives and children, and has one mention of beating slaves and lots and lots of warnings not to.

Can't even go into homosexuality with you. You're much too indoctrinated into the Orthodoxy of your time and cannot think your way out of it, not even should you try.

Have you ever heard of a homosexual that *repented of the sin of homosexuality?

If not, does this prove that Romans 1 is true?

If so, does this prove that Romans 1 is a lie?

*Repent means to stop doing it.

Repent doesn't mean stop doing it..

re·pent
/rəˈpent/
Learn to pronounce
verb
  1. feel or express sincere regret or remorse about one's wrongdoing or sin.
    "the priest urged his listeners to repent"
    synonyms: feel remorse for, regret, be sorry for, rue, reproach oneself for, be ashamed of, feel contrite about, wish that one had not done something;

Every single mention in the Bible of repentance means a turning from sin. You understand this too. IOW you can't repent from adultery but continue to have sex with your mistress every night. If you do, you haven't repented.

Martin Luther ~ Sola fide... of course you can do the same sin over and over again according to the protestant's...as long as you repent .

If you are doing the same sinning over and over you have not repented.

This is not difficult

That is impossible if you are referring to Yahweh, Jesus or the Holy Spirit. Which God are you referencing?

In the beginning was the word and the word was God. John 1:1

Is marijuana your favorite treat? Is it possibly shrooms or heroine? I think you are talking to a subject of a drug induced hallucination not an actual god. You are implying that God is independent of the Bible. That's cool but don't pretend you have any authority if you can just make shit up as you go.
It isn’t impossible.

You don’t even believe in God, right?

I know SweetSue92 ignores everything I say but she got you good. Why be a Christian when you really aren't a Christian at all?
I’m ok with you believing that. For all I know God believes that too.

But you taught that to kids at the Christian school you teach at, right?

How many years did you teach that?

The students at my school already know what the Bible says about homosexuality. They are obligated to carry a Bible to school everyday. They don't just make up dumb shit about "God" like you do. They actually have a respect for the Bible. You have probably never seen one and have no desire to ever see one.

I am not even sure why I talk to you. It is crystal clear where you stand. -----> nowhere
So is that what you taught them. :lol:

God loved man so much that he chose to be born into this world to testify to the truth and sacrifice himself to reconcile justice with mercy.

For the same reason you want to believe in anything I suppose. I mean look, you had dialogue with a man who was married to a man, knew it was sin, confessed to you it was sin--and you, rather than saying, yes it's sin but there's forgiveness--you told him nope, not sin.

Would you like to stone him and me for it Sue.

I suggest you worry about yourself and not others.

A person repeatedly rejected God. God got sick of being rejected and turned them over to a reprobate mind. Then later they start doing weird sex with people with the same sex organs.

Homosexuality isn't sin according to the Bible. It is just evidence of someone who has repeatedly rejected God. Now they are worthless and have no value to offer and should not be trusted.

And to think that you have been teaching that for how many years now?

This subject has never come up in the classroom.
I just want to be clear that this is what you taught kids.

Dude, you are too funny.

Would you like to stone him and me for it Sue.

I suggest you worry about yourself and not others.

You present yourself as Judge while chastising others for Judging. But here is the rub; you have judged GOD and found Him wanting. His rules, His Word. It is not for me to stone you or give out punishments. It is obviously for me to say this is not Christian behavior. It is not what Christians would do, it hurts me to have to say this to you. Christians do not look at the Word of God and say, "nope God, you're sure wrong about this", not especially to the point of seeing another wrestling with sin and saying, "no worries, God says it's a sin but *I* say it is not."

I suspect you really know how deep an error this is. So, do the Christian thing. Repent of it.

Forum List

Back