Repenting Homosexuals

Does Roman Chapter 1 lie about who homosexuals are?

• Yes.

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • No.

Votes: 9 81.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

presonorek

Gold Member
Jun 7, 2015
Alabama
Have you ever heard of a homosexual that *repented of the sin of homosexuality?

If not, does this prove that Romans 1 is true?

If so, does this prove that Romans 1 is a lie?

*Repent means to stop doing it.

No one should repent of "being" a homosexual. One cannot help one's proclivities and they are not, in themselves, sinful.

By analogy, does a heterosexual man have to "repent" of wanting to copulate with every beautiful girl he encounters on the beach? Hardly.

But homosexual sodomy is sinful, and we should avoid sin and repent for our past sins.

Those who spread hate on homosexuals need to repent
The abrahamic god tells you homosexuality is a sin. To them, it's not hate.
Why are you so bigoted against abrahamic beliefs?
You dont sound any better than they do.

Come on man. Life is far less complicated as a hetero and you don't have to wear those funky rainbow shirts. By going straight you're doing yourself a favor. Don't get me wrong. I'm not talking for God. You can take that up with Him when your time comes

Come on man. Life is far less complicated as a hetero and you don't have to wear those funky rainbow shirts. By going straight you're doing yourself a favor. Don't get me wrong. I'm not talking for God. You can take that up with Him when your time comes

Mayor Pete never wrong the rainbow shirts on the debate stage.

No one should repent of "being" a homosexual. One cannot help one's proclivities and they are not, in themselves, sinful.

By analogy, does a heterosexual man have to "repent" of wanting to copulate with every beautiful girl he encounters on the beach? Hardly.

But homosexual sodomy is sinful, and we should avoid sin and repent for our past sins.

What about heterosexual sodomy? Is that ok?

The abrahamic god tells you homosexuality is a sin. To them, it's not hate.
Why are you so bigoted against abrahamic beliefs?
You dont sound any better than they do.
The Abrahamic God is an asshole

Those who hate are sinners
I agree he was. I was just saying you are no better than Christian's. We are all bigoted against something. Many things.

Mayor Pete never wrong the rainbow shirts on the debate stage.
Come on lady. Everyone knows there's a time and a place for those rainbow shirts and boobie hats.

Old Testament. No. It is not ok.

New Testament. I am not sure.

Interesting enough female homosexuality is not mentioned in the Old Testament at all.

The only Biblical reference to female homosexuality is in the New Testament.

Have you ever heard of a homosexual that *repented of the sin of homosexuality?

If not, does this prove that Romans 1 is true?

If so, does this prove that Romans 1 is a lie?

*Repent means to stop doing it.
That’s not exactly what repent means. The Greek word for repent is "metanoia." Metanoia means to change your mind. Our thoughts, the flow of consciousness which determines our behaviors, can change. Metanoia has to do with moral activity, but goes beyond that. Jesus was teaching that we could change our mind about how we treat people. We don’t have to be unforgiving and cynical. We can change our mind about being negative. We can think positive thoughts and walk in faith instead of doubt. We can change our minds about sin. Rather than being caught in the strongholds of consistent habits of lust or selfishness, for example, we can experience freedom and selflessness. Jesus would not have told us to change unless it was possible and attainable. The Bible is full of words that speak about change. Repentance, metamorphosis, transformation, conversion, resurrection, rebirth, renewal, regeneration, healing and transfiguration.

I have zero interest in living my life for other people. I am who I am. Don't like it? Tough shit.
Good for you.

According to Catholic thought, sin is anything which distances us from God.

The Bible teaching is clear. You would have to abandon Christianity. Is that what you are implying?
What's clear is that the bible was written by men, imbued with man's ignorance, fear, and hate; in this case the unwarranted hate of homosexuals.

Forum List

Back