Repenting Homosexuals

Does Roman Chapter 1 lie about who homosexuals are?

• Yes.

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • No.

Votes: 9 81.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
No final judgement.

I already told you about the most insightful thing an atheist ever said, didn't I?

After Lawrence Krauss, atheist and professor at ASU, said he would reassess his position if God rearranged the stars to say, "I am here," this regular atheist made front page news in SF-Bay Area with his comments. He said the people on the other side of the hemisphere would not see the stars. He continued that every atheist from the past, present, and future must be convinced. After that, I thought atheists would have to be punished in the lake of fire in order to be convinced.

Yet, a couple of months ago, I learned that it was already prophecised that, "Every eye will see," the return of Jesus. It means rapture and also the rise of the spiritually dead. It means everything will be settled on Earth and in this life. I suppose some of the spiritually dead know already as they are suffering in Hades like the rich man who mistreated Lazarus.

Jesus sits on a huge white throne and will render Final Judgement. So... :bigboy:.
E

No. No judgement. I just don't buy such a pointless arrangement.

Huh? Eternal life with God is not pointless. We realize our full potential from this transient life to the real life.

Eternal life without challenge, risk, or goals? What is the point in that?

As to judgement, imagine a child born in the first century in Mongolia. He will never hear of Jesus, he will never see a Bible, he will never meet anyone who did. What is the point of a judgement which condemns him for not believing something he could not possibly of heard?

No. I don't buy it.
You can’t have it both ways. You can’t say life without challenge and risks is not worth living and then blame God for not creating a perfect world.

Somehow, I don't think you had faith and believed.

I remember in August 2011 sitting in a particular chair and believing that I was exactly where God wanted me to be at that moment.

Just because I was dishonest to myself in the past doesn't give me an excuse to continue creating delusions in my mind.

There have been times in my life that I believed God told me this or that. Truth be told, God never said anything to me at all.

"God" and I have had an on again off again relationship.

1990-1996 = strong faith
1996-2001 = weak faith
2001-2005 = strong faith
2005-2008 = ehh, not sure
2008-2011 = strong faith
2011-present = no faith, I am tired of the cycle

I accepted Jesus Christ as my Saviour and Lord on April 13, 1990 when I was 11 years old. The only things I have experienced are frequent moments of intellectual and emotional ecstasy. I have 0 evidence of any of it. It is all faith. That is all it is. I have faith my car will start but that is fair. It started yesterday. I have that the Bible works but that is fair. It worked in my past. I have faith in my light switch but that is fair. It worked yesterday. Faith in a God that has done nothing in 29 years is kindly absurd. Admitting that I have been an idiot for 29 years isn't easy. I think that is what many stay. Nobody likes to admit that they are an idiot. Well, I am an idiot.

No final judgement.

I already told you about the most insightful thing an atheist ever said, didn't I?

After Lawrence Krauss, atheist and professor at ASU, said he would reassess his position if God rearranged the stars to say, "I am here," this regular atheist made front page news in SF-Bay Area with his comments. He said the people on the other side of the hemisphere would not see the stars. He continued that every atheist from the past, present, and future must be convinced. After that, I thought atheists would have to be punished in the lake of fire in order to be convinced.

Yet, a couple of months ago, I learned that it was already prophecised that, "Every eye will see," the return of Jesus. It means rapture and also the rise of the spiritually dead. It means everything will be settled on Earth and in this life. I suppose some of the spiritually dead know already as they are suffering in Hades like the rich man who mistreated Lazarus.

Jesus sits on a huge white throne and will render Final Judgement. So... :bigboy:.
E

Huh? Eternal life with God is not pointless. We realize our full potential from this transient life to the real life.

As to judgement, imagine a child born in the first century in Mongolia. He will never hear of Jesus, he will never see a Bible, he will never meet anyone who did. What is the point of a judgement which condemns him for not believing something he could not possibly of heard?

No. I don't buy it.

Being a Christian always has challenges, risks, and goals. God doesn't always answer our prayers. Some take much time.

The child born in the first century Mongolia has been answered in the Bible. The people in the OT had to believe in the coming of the Messiah. Back then, I think the belief or disbelief of this is not much different from today, John 3:16, and receiving the gift of eternal life. People argued about what they've read or heard.

Of course, if one believes in evolution written by Satan's followers, then humans started in Africa :rolleyes:.

ETA: I would think the people of Africa, as well as Mongolia or other parts of the world, heard about Jesus from the NT. It would be more evidence for God.

Last edited:
No final judgement.

E

No. I don't buy it.

Being a Christian always has challenges, risks, and goals. God doesn't always answer our prayers. Some take much time.

The child born in the first century Mongolia has been answered in the Bible. The people in the OT had to believe in the coming of the Messiah. Back then, I think the belief or disbelief of this is not much different from today, John 3:16, and receiving the gift of eternal life. People argued about what they've read or heard.

Of course, if one believes in evolution written by Satan's followers, then humans started in Africa :rolleyes:.

You didn't quite get my question. You look forward to eternal life after this one. What are you intending to do with eternity?

The kid in Mongolia would never have heard of the Messiah. Never heard any of the stories in the OT. Never talked with anyone who did. I guess, like most of the people on the planet at that time, he was just screwed.

E

No. I don't buy it.

You didn't quite get my question. You look forward to eternal life after this one. What are you intending to do with eternity?

The kid in Mongolia would never have heard of the Messiah. Never heard any of the stories in the OT. Never talked with anyone who did. I guess, like most of the people on the planet at that time, he was just screwed.

Oh, okay. Eternal life in heaven would be a chance to start over again with God in paradise in our perfect human bodies and to see how things should have gone. Some things will remain the same I think such as spacetime which will continue to expand. As for historical Earth (this physical world), it is suppose to go away, but I'm not sure of its memories. I don't know how things will play out in this regard. In that case, I want to see the life of Jesus and parts of the world I have not seen before from this life.

The kid in Mongolia would've heard about Jesus through the NT. I meant he wasn't living during the OT times. According to the Bible, humans started out in the ME.

E

No. I don't buy it.

Oh, okay. Eternal life in heaven would be a chance to start over again with God in paradise in our perfect human bodies and to see how things should have gone. Some things will remain the same I think such as spacetime which will continue to expand. As for historical Earth (this physical world), it is suppose to go away, but I'm not sure of its memories. I don't know how things will play out in this regard. In that case, I want to see the life of Jesus and parts of the world I have not seen before from this life.

The kid in Mongolia would've heard about Jesus through the NT. I meant he wasn't living during the OT times. According to the Bible, humans started out in the ME.

Interesting. If I get this right, you think the afterlife will be as if God had made humans perfect in the first place. Which brings me back to it being pointless. If the ultimate aim is for humans to be perfect, then God would have made humans perfect. This entire life is pointless.

And if humans were perfect, then there would be no need for Jesus. So you wouldn't be seeing the life of Jesus.

As to our Mongolian kid, you do understand there wasn't T.V. in the first century AD. Right? Given the nature of travel and the fact the vast majority of the population of the time died within a few miles of where they were born, just how would the kid have gotten his hands on a copy of the NT? In fact, since the NT wasn't even written until considerably later than the first century it would have been physically impossible for him to have read it. So it looks like he was just screwed.

No. I don't buy it.

Interesting. If I get this right, you think the afterlife will be as if God had made humans perfect in the first place. Which brings me back to it being pointless. If the ultimate aim is for humans to be perfect, then God would have made humans perfect. This entire life is pointless.

And if humans were perfect, then there would be no need for Jesus. So you wouldn't be seeing the life of Jesus.

As to our Mongolian kid, you do understand there wasn't T.V. in the first century AD. Right? Given the nature of travel and the fact the vast majority of the population of the time died within a few miles of where they were born, just how would the kid have gotten his hands on a copy of the NT? In fact, since the NT wasn't even written until considerably later than the first century it would have been physically impossible for him to have read it. So it looks like he was just screwed.
What if being made perfect doesn’t mean doing perfect things?

Maybe the incongruity is a result of a less than perfect interpretation.

If the message was that men are different than the rest of the animal kingdom because of the man made construct of good and evil then would you have a problem with it?

No. I don't buy it.

God did make Adam and Eve perfect, but gave them free will. Thus, they had the Tree of Knowledge and one command to obey. OTOH, we are descendants of Noah's family and are not perfect due to Adam's sin. We are even more imperfect as we will not be able to procreate successfully within a family. (Evolution states the opposite of this.) We have less longevity than Adam and Eve's descendants and Noah's immediate descendants.

Heaven is the reward and hell is the punishment in the afterlife. Thus, it isn't pointless. It's the ultimate goal to be with God again through Jesus. In this life, we can only be with the Holy Spirit and Jesus.

Yes, if Adam and Eve did not sin, then we would all be living in paradise. There would be no need for Jesus being born of the flesh, i.e. human. Jesus as Lord was never created and is eternal.

The Mongolians or any peoples would have heard about Jesus through the NT. It's like today, we all know about Jesus and John 3:16. The message has been spread.

No. I don't buy it.

God did make Adam and Eve perfect, but gave them free will. Thus, they had the Tree of Knowledge and one command to obey. OTOH, we are descendants of Noah's family and are not perfect due to Adam's sin. We are even more imperfect as we will not be able to procreate successfully within a family. (Evolution states the opposite of this.) We have less longevity than Adam and Eve's descendants and Noah's immediate descendants.

Heaven is the reward and hell is the punishment in the afterlife. Thus, it isn't pointless. It's the ultimate goal to be with God again through Jesus. In this life, we can only be with the Holy Spirit and Jesus.

Yes, if Adam and Eve did not sin, then we would all be living in paradise. There would be no need for Jesus being born of the flesh, i.e. human. Jesus as Lord was never created and is eternal.

The Mongolians or any peoples would have heard about Jesus through the NT. It's like today, we all know about Jesus and John 3:16. The message has been spread.

Heaven and Hell.... thus it is pointless. I can't think of anything more pointless. But if that makes you happy, enjoy it.

Heaven and Hell.... thus it is pointless. I can't think of anything more pointless. But if that makes you happy, enjoy it.

Not pointless, but the POINT!!! Satan is rebellious and may have lied to you. How did you come to this conclusion?

Final judgement by Jesus is the default state. No one can escape it like no one can escape gravity. The other evidence for it is our conscience that we all have. It is God's word and nature.

Not pointless, but the POINT!!! Satan is rebellious and may have lied to you. How did you come to this conclusion?

Final judgement by Jesus is the default state. No one can escape it like no one can escape gravity. The other evidence for it is our conscience that we all have. It is God's word and nature.

It's a pointless point. There is no reason for it.

Do you believe that the concept of good and evil is an artifact of intelligence?

I already gave you the reasons for it such as conscience, the Bible, and Satan's temptations. Also, thought Satan has lied to you.

You need to answer my questions. I answered yours. How did you come to this conclusion of final judgement being pointless? What is your source? How can you explain our conscience?

With no final judgement, then these boys with the tire iron get away scot free. If Jack didn't drown in his own blood, then he would've lived. My evidence for atheists being the biggest hypocrites in the world.

Last edited:

I already gave you the reasons for it such as conscience, the Bible, and Satan's temptations. Also, thought Satan has lied to you.

You need to answer my questions. I answered yours. How did you come to this conclusion of final judgement being pointless? What is your source? How can you explain our conscience?

I did answer your question. There is no point to a final judgement. I don't need a source to arrive at that conclusion. It is pointless because I see no point to it. It achieves nothing that could not have been achieved without life. Heaven and Hell achieve nothing.

• Thanks
Reactions: GT

I did answer your question. There is no point to a final judgement. I don't need a source to arrive at that conclusion. It is pointless because I see no point to it. It achieves nothing that could not have been achieved without life. Heaven and Hell achieve nothing.
Agreed. It’s the journey that matters.

Heaven and hell...they achieve the coercion/negation of free will, as a threat/reward system of incentive and dis-incentive.

What is it that you believe should be achieved from life?

What do you believe the point of life is?

We are discussing final judgement where Jesus sits in his white throne and reviews your life. He will review what you said here as well as what sins you committed in life.. I don't think a judge, jury, and executioner would appreciate hearing that what he is doing is pointless. There is a source and it is stated in the Bible. There is a source and that is your conscience to help you discern what is right vs wrong. What you are doing is just rebelling against God, the truth, and denying it. What it achieves is a judgement of your life, what you did, what beliefs you had, whether you listened to God or not. Heaven and hell may not be an achievement to you, but that's where we all end up as the final destination. It does not necessarily have to do with achievement. It has to do with faith in Jesus.

Chick.com: This Was Your Life

Oh, well, there is nothing more I can say.

Heaven and hell...they achieve the coercion/negation of free will, as a threat/reward system of incentive and dis-incentive.

That's just human interpretation or opinion which you are entitled to, but wrong. To me, these words are what strikes me besides the verses of John. "For what will it profit a man if he gains the whole world and forfeits his soul? Or what will a man give in exchange for his soul?" Matthew 16:26 It means we can't take anything with us no matter how rich and powerful we become in this world. What's important is we nourish our soul with faith in God. Then we are with the Spirit and welcome Jesus into our hearts.

What atheists have faith in is to be without God since they believe there is no God or gods. That is not acceptable to me; it would be a disaster. Thus, they cannot understand the words in the Bible. It's there for everybody. I suppose to be without God is like a day in the park or a good day for atheists. However, there must be something to the idea of God because atheists talk about God or the state of no God a lot. Wouldn't it be better if one tried to improve their lives through Buddhism or some other philosophy of life? At least, they'll have someplace to go on Sundays and have a community support system.

Heaven is many Christians think as above the first and second heavens. The first is the sky and clouds. The second is the interstellar of stars, planets, and other celestial objects. Heaven is above that as the third heaven and is paradise. There will be a new Earth and universe created. There is no night, so the sun and the moon will not be needed. John the Apostle said the city was filled with brilliant costly stones and crystal clear jasper. It is the kingdom, power, and glory of God. There are twelve gates and twelve foundations and the Garden of Eden is restored. "There will be no more tears, no more pain, and no more sorrow." Revelation 21:4. There will be no more separation from God, because death will be conquered. Jesus gives us rewards in heaven for the work we have done on Earth.

As for hell, it is described as fire and outer darkness. It is a place of torment. “But the subjects of the kingdom will be thrown outside, into the darkness, where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.” Matthew 8:12 Certainly, some place one wants to avoid.

Forum List

Back