Rent Control is a fascist concept, so why do liberals support it?

What´s fascist about this?

Government telling private citizens how much they're allowed to charge. That is a fascist concept and NOT a concept of free-market capitalists, you know, the political right.

There is no free-market, never has been, never will be.

Well, let's define "free market". I think the following definition is accurate.

In economics, a free market is a system in which the prices for goods and services are determined by the open market and by consumers. Wikipedia
If the gov doesn´t act, these prices can lead to hardships or they are artificial. That every businessman is a honest and serious guy is not even a myth.

By your logic, the government should dictate how much YOU are permitted to earn.

Why do you support such a totalitarian concept?
You think business is free from any kind of responsibility. But business with homes is business with the major anchor of peoples. And as a matter of fact, these homes cannot disappear from the market just because they aren´t affordable. It is not a usual good and basic supply should be secured, not made subject to fortuity or even greed.

Liberals, why do you support rent controls?

Because rent is harder and harder to pay each year as it goes up and salaries don't match the cost increases.

But why should others be able to limit how much money another can make on their own property? Should others be permitted to limit your earnings?

That's what you sign-up for when you become a residential landlord because someone fucked-over renters before you, which is the birthplace of all regulation.

We're not talking about regulation. We're talking about supposedly free people being able to charge as much as they like for the use of their own property.

Do you also believe that the government should determine how much a movie theater can charge its customers?

Because of regulation landlords can't charge as they like. No free-trade.

Movie theaters charge what the movie distributors demand they charge. No free-trade.

Liberals, why do you support rent controls?

Because rent is harder and harder to pay each year as it goes up and salaries don't match the cost increases.

But why should others be able to limit how much money another can make on their own property? Should others be permitted to limit your earnings?

That's what you sign-up for when you become a residential landlord because someone fucked-over renters before you, which is the birthplace of all regulation.

We're not talking about regulation. We're talking about supposedly free people being able to charge as much as they like for the use of their own property.

Do you also believe that the government should determine how much a movie theater can charge its customers?

Movie theaters charge what the movie distributors demand they charge. No free-trade.

In any event, you obviously oppose capitalism in favor of fascism.

Government telling private citizens how much they're allowed to charge. That is a fascist concept and NOT a concept of free-market capitalists, you know, the political right.

In economics, a free market is a system in which the prices for goods and services are determined by the open market and by consumers. Wikipedia
If the gov doesn´t act, these prices can lead to hardships or they are artificial. That every businessman is a honest and serious guy is not even a myth.

By your logic, the government should dictate how much YOU are permitted to earn.

You think business is free from any kind of responsibility. But business with homes is business with the major anchor of peoples. And as a matter of fact, these homes cannot disappear from the market just because they aren´t affordable. It is not a usual good and basic supply should be secured, not made subject to fortuity or even greed.

Ok, so you also prefer a fascist system of economics and governance to a free-market, democratic system.

No, I've quashed you idea about free-trade.

Avoiding homelessness is more important to me than questionable concepts of free market capitalists. You are apparently not affected by high rents.

Avoiding homelessness is more important to me than questionable concepts of free market capitalists.

Exactly! How many homeless can we send to live with you?
Wouldn't want your questionable concept of private property to cause homelessness.

If the gov doesn´t act, these prices can lead to hardships or they are artificial.

If you can't afford my price, why is that suddenly my hardship?

Yes, you oppose capitalism and you favor a fascist style of economic governance wherein the government determines how much the people should be permitted to have.

Yes, you oppose capitalism and you favor a fascist style of economic governance wherein the government determines how much the people should be permitted to have.

No, I've quashed your idea about free-trade.

Ok, so you also prefer a fascist system of economics and governance to a free-market, democratic system.
You shouldn´t come up with this fascism nonsense. Your glorious system is flawed.

People are dying: Insulin being rationed as drug prices rise

First the system, then the people, if at all. That´s rather fascism.

If the gov doesn´t act, these prices can lead to hardships or they are artificial.

So I can open a business forcing you to pay a fee when you leave and arrive?

You shouldn´t come up with this fascism nonsense. Your glorious system is flawed.

Espousing that government should determine how much one is allowed to earn is textbook fascism. Read a book.

Espousing that government should determine how much one is allowed to earn is textbook fascism. Read a book.
May they all perish in agony! Main thing is those with property can play the others at will.

What are you talking about? A landlord and tenant VOLUNTARILY enter into the agreement and then terminate it when the agreed-upon term expires. Why do you insist on government involvement?

May they all perish in agony! Main thing is those with property can play the others at will.

No, they cannot. There is something called "contract law".

No, I've quashed your idea about free-trade.

You've been reduced to a parrot.

What are you talking about? A landlord and tenant VOLUNTARILY enter into the agreement and then terminate it when the agreed-upon term expires. Why do you insist on government involvement?

As if a flat is optional. Where are the opportunities when the basics eat up all your cash? Housing must be affordable, those who don´t agree should sell something else.

As if a flat is optional. Where are the opportunities when the basics eat up all your cash? Housing must be affordable, those who don´t agree should sell something else.

So your belief is that Citizen A is obligated and indentured to care for Citizen B. That's otherwise known as slavery, which all leftist ideologies espouse.

Forum List

Back