Renewable Energy Will Be Consistently Cheaper Than Fossil Fuels By 2020

The article says alternate energy will be CHEAPER than fossil fuels by 2020.

It does not say alternate energy will REPLACE fossil fuels by 2020.

Big difference.

It will take a while, but we will hopefully get there eventually.
yes, but it ´ll be political - economic shock or even death for states - gas stations like Muscovy, KSA , etc.
Nothing will make life better for a nations citizens than economic death. That should be a fucking hoot.
It's not economic death. It's economic transformation. The fossil fuel giants will morph into alternative energy giants.
Government interference in markets. Transforming success into failure since the beginning of time.

Illiter……..errrr, I mean Litwin------------->how do you make electricity to power electric cars? Got a clue, lol!

I love the way you tell everyone how they will save the world, then forget to mention how their batteries are recharged.

Let me reiterate, that makes your thread...….and you...…...incompetent...…….irrelevant...…….and immaterial-)

Fossil fuels, Oil, and Natural Gas, are so plentiful in the U.S. they ARE RENEWABLE, and we are finding more all the time. We have centuries of the stuff, and are now a NET OIL EXPORTER.
I don't think "renewable" means what you think it means.

You are correct. It is so plentiful in the U.S. it is as IF it were renewable.
Sunlight is more plentiful.

How do you fly an airplane with solar energy?

Asking for a friend.

I want to know which solar panel factories are run on solar power.
Here is a photo of SunPower's factory.

Sun-Power-Headquarters-11.jpg

Asking for a friend.

NONE of them!

Either people like Illitera…….errrrr. I mean Litwin are ignorant, or they are to blind to face facts----------------> we can power electric cars by using fossil fuels to create electricity, or maybe they will pass a bill (sure they will) that creates electricity with nuclear power plants.

These people are phony-e-baloneys, plain and simple!

Would we all like to have basically a free power source; or cheap power source that we can power our country with?

YES we would Litwin! Now give us the source! Make it cheaper for us, and we are ALL IN!

Problem is...………..he hasn't a clue! He is a mouthpiece that has no idea what is actually going on. Mommy and her basement have no correlation to the real world.

GET A JOB, and quit picking our pockets! We want it, and your mommy wants it too!

it means end of states gas-stations : KSA, "Russia", all Gulf states , etc. how our world without states gas-stations will be look like?
1458982466856.jpg

Renewable Energy Will Be Consistently Cheaper Than Fossil Fuels By 2020,
The organisation – which has more than 150 member countries – says the cost of generating power from onshore wind has fallen by around 23% since 2010 while the cost of solar photovoltaic (PV) electricity has fallen by 73% in that time. With further price falls expected for these and other green energy options, IRENA says all renewable energy technologies should be competitive on price with fossil fuels by 2020.Globally, onshore wind schemes are now costing an average of $0.06 per kilowatt hour (kWh), although some schemes are coming in at $0.04 per KwH, while the cost of solar PV is down to $0.10 per KwH. In comparison, the cost of electricity generation based on fossil fuels typically falls in a range of $0.05 to $0.17 per KwH.
Renewable Energy Will Be Consistently Cheaper Than Fossil Fuels By 2020, Report Claims
Your link:

"Globally, onshore wind schemes are now costing an average of $0.06 per kilowatt hour (kWh), although some schemes are coming in at $0.04 per KwH, while the cost of solar PV is down to $0.10 per KwH. In comparison, the cost of electricity generation based on fossil fuels typically falls in a range of $0.05 to $0.17 per KwH."

There are a few public utility customers whose solar panels not only provide "free" electricity but they actually sell some of their surplus energy back to their local utility.
41317163_401.png

Can we live in a world without fossil fuels? | DW | 09.11.2017

Which should leave enough cargo capacity to fly a can of soup to its destination. Oh and it’ll take longer because you’re back to using propeller power.

Probably. I don't know. Don't think it really matters either way. Nobody said anything about eliminating fossil fuels. Only that renewables will be generally cheaper. There are, of course, more considerations than cost when deciding what kind of power source to use for a given application. Electricity is effective for homes but ineffective for submarines. Nuclear power is effective for submarines, but not very practical for automobiles. There's no reason to expect solar powered airplanes.

Asking for a friend.

I bet you thought you were being clever.

Here is 1soltech's factory in Michigan:

Arbor-Motion-000-jpg-thumb.jpg

it means end of states gas-stations : KSA, "Russia", all Gulf states , etc. how our world without states gas-stations will be look like?
1458982466856.jpg

Renewable Energy Will Be Consistently Cheaper Than Fossil Fuels By 2020,
The organisation – which has more than 150 member countries – says the cost of generating power from onshore wind has fallen by around 23% since 2010 while the cost of solar photovoltaic (PV) electricity has fallen by 73% in that time. With further price falls expected for these and other green energy options, IRENA says all renewable energy technologies should be competitive on price with fossil fuels by 2020.Globally, onshore wind schemes are now costing an average of $0.06 per kilowatt hour (kWh), although some schemes are coming in at $0.04 per KwH, while the cost of solar PV is down to $0.10 per KwH. In comparison, the cost of electricity generation based on fossil fuels typically falls in a range of $0.05 to $0.17 per KwH.
Renewable Energy Will Be Consistently Cheaper Than Fossil Fuels By 2020, Report Claims
Your link:

"Globally, onshore wind schemes are now costing an average of $0.06 per kilowatt hour (kWh), although some schemes are coming in at $0.04 per KwH, while the cost of solar PV is down to $0.10 per KwH. In comparison, the cost of electricity generation based on fossil fuels typically falls in a range of $0.05 to $0.17 per KwH."

There are a few public utility customers whose solar panels not only provide "free" electricity but they actually sell some of their surplus energy back to their local utility.
41317163_401.png

Can we live in a world without fossil fuels? | DW | 09.11.2017

Asking for a friend.

Here is a photo of SunPower's factory.

Sun-Power-Headquarters-11.jpg

That looks like their HQ. Pretty sure they're not making any panels there.

Honestly people, from both Left and Right. Lets get together on this!

Litiwinski, show us that it will be cheaper. Trust me, we are all for it!

If you can show us or produce a power source cheaper, we are all IN! And I don't mean by you playing like French Fries and taxing the crap out of our power sources now so as your source is cheaper.

I am talking about actually COMPETING, and lowering energy costs!

Bottom line-----------> put up, or shut up! And if you can NOT put up, close the thread because by any standard...…….you have proven yourself, incompetent, irrelevant, and immaterial, along with your dumb thread!

Fossil fuels, Oil, and Natural Gas, are so plentiful in the U.S. they ARE RENEWABLE, and we are finding more all the time. We have centuries of the stuff, and are now a NET OIL EXPORTER.

The efficiency of solar panels is terrible.

Well, if we can't have solar airplanes, then alternative energy must have no uses at all!

Don't you just love idiot red herrings?

The efficiency of solar panels is terrible.
The efficiency of solar farms is fantastic.

This Huge New Solar Farm Near Las Vegas Provides Power—Even At Night

Forum List

Back