Removal of the right to bear arms

Thanks for the replies thus far, Yes there will be some event manufactured as a reason to take the peoples guns from them. That is the only logical outcome, legislation would not work and the perps know it.

All the execises that have been taking place involving the army and police armed to the teeth give an indication of things to come. Something like a massive financial crash like no money in the banks and no food in the shops would see the people rising up against authority.

But if we use the past record of the perps its more likely to be some kind of dirty bomb/chemical/biological attack that will be used as a pretext. And yes the likes of Blackwater and others, your fellow Americans will be more than happy to denude your rights liberty and freedom. Iraq was just a training ground for such forces, practice makes perfect etc.

The fact I think most of you are discounting is...American gun owners are all ready mentally prepared for this fight.

How's their organisation going? Tactical training? Are they studying the classic handbooks on guerilla war?

Tactics would not come into play...it's a simple math equation.

And that is my theory on why we still have 2nd Amendment rights in the U.S.

If the government didn't believe the people would put up a fight, we would be the U.K. or Australia already.

Banning firearms in the U.S. is mutually assured destruction writ small.

Last edited:
If such a thing came about and it is looking it could just what would be the real reaction to such legislation. I know we have heard all the gung ho bull from the so called would be die hards but as an law abiding citizen what are you going to do when the cops knock on your door and ask for all your guns and ammo, shoot them in the face?

warn them first. then shoot.

It will not be President Obama, or any "liberal" that comes to take your guns. It will be someone like George W. Bush. And the pretext will be a national disaster of some sort, as it was the last time that was tried. Not only that, you will not be dealing with just your local police, it will be backed up by somebody like Blackwater.

MY local police are all members of the NRA, as are the members of the Sheriff's Department...if fact the Sheriff was the instructor of my NRA conceal carry training.

You mean like the Nazis did with the Jews in Germany?

I'm not going to shoot them, but I'm also not handing over any guns. Might move to Canada at that point though.

your a real American aint ya....if your going to desert the ship when things get rough ....who the hell needs you.....why dont you leave now....asshole....

The fact I think most of you are discounting is...American gun owners are all ready mentally prepared for this fight.

It will not be President Obama, or any "liberal" that comes to take your guns. It will be someone like George W. Bush. And the pretext will be a national disaster of some sort, as it was the last time that was tried. Not only that, you will not be dealing with just your local police, it will be backed up by somebody like Blackwater.

not everyone in the military or police or BLACKWATER Rocks will back up something that they know is contrived.....a couple million people coming down on you with their peashooters can pose quite a fucking problem....and if they just decide to wipe out that few million....then it just might make all those so-called sheeple wake up....they might actually see why the 2nd amendment was put in place....and then there will be hell to pay....

and your statement about who will come to take the guns.....their are many liberals on this board who want the 2nd repealed just out of misplaced fear about guns....banning guns to that crowed means NO ONE not even crimminals will have guns....so dont give us that bullshit that no liberal would do the deed...

I'm not going to shoot them, but I'm also not handing over any guns. Might move to Canada at that point though.

your a real American aint ya....if your going to desert the ship when things get rough ....who the hell needs you.....why dont you leave now....asshole....

Thanks charmer, but I'll wait to leave til our government actually starts directly imitating the Nazis by confiscating legally owned and registered firearms en masse. And I assure you, if they were to do that, I would absolutely consider leaving. People who stay around waiting for a government that is turning fascist to magically correct itself tend to end up in camps, historically speaking. When the Constitution ceases to be the law of the land and the government feels free to blatantly ignore the Constitution in a direct manner as was described in this hypothetical, there is no more America.

Thanks charmer, but I'll wait to leave til our government actually starts directly imitating the Nazis by confiscating legally owned and registered firearms en masse. And I assure you, if they were to do that, I would absolutely consider leaving. People who stay around waiting for a government that is turning fascist to magically correct itself tend to end up in camps, historically speaking. When the Constitution ceases to be the law of the land and the government feels free to blatantly ignore the Constitution in a direct manner as was described in this hypothetical, there is no more America.

like i said WHY DONT YOU GO HOUSE HUNTING NOW.....people like you enjoy the goodlife but if things start going sour start looking for a way out.....people like you are part of the problem in this country,you dont want to stand your ground and fight for your rights....."ill leave and let the others fight.....then ill come back and say HEY WE DID IT"....if this country fell to the scenario you describe....i dont think going to Canada is going to save your cowardly ass......they would be next.....then were are you going to run?

How's their organisation going? Tactical training? Are they studying the classic handbooks on guerilla war?

If the government didn't believe the people would put up a fight, we would be the U.K. or Australia already.

I think you still have a 2nd Amendment right because no-one is interested in wiping it out. I doubt it has anything to do with the number of civilians (including police, police are civilians) who have firearms.

But my point about organisation remains. It's a fantasy for someone to think that any number of armed civilians could defend against a determined government able to wield the power of its military and other political apparatus to enforce its will. The question is, why would any government bother?

I think Americans need to read HR 2159, in it anyone who could be classed as a terrorist foreign or domestic will have their rights removed. This piece of legislation opens the way for the Government to use any excuse to label citizens terrorists and then take their guns from them. This is how it will start, with all the surveilance and spying going on anyone could be labelled a terrorist under this act or even under Patriot.

Come for my guns and I will refuse. I will warn the officers to leave the premise or I WILL respond with force.

If such a law were passed I would send my family away from my home so that the ensuing shoot out would not harm them.

I will gladly die to protect my GOD given right to self defense. I WILL respond with force to anyone that attempts to remove my weapons. And while some will hide them some will fight. And I suspect some military and some law enforcement will refuse the orders to fire on US Citizens.

But I don't live in North Carolina, I live in the People's Republic of New York, where my Constitutional rights are looked out for by Chuck Schumer.

What they will do is make sure that the statutes as to what I may do are strictly and illogically reduced.

"Hale DeMar, a 52-year-old Wilmette resident, was arrested and charged with misdemeanor violations for shooting, in the shoulder and leg, a burglar who broke into his home not once, but twice. Cook County prosecutors dropped all charges against DeMar.
In March 2004, the Illinois Senate passed Senate Bill 2165, a law introduced in response to DeMar's case, with provisions designed to assert a right of citizens to protect themselves against home invasions, such that self-defense requirements would be viewed to take precedence over local ordinances against handgun possession. The measure passed the Illinois Senate by a vote of 38-20. Barack Obama was one of the 20 state senators voting against the measure. "

Source: Obama Nation, by Jerome Corsi, p.241-242 Aug 1, 2008
Barack Obama on Gun Control

What legal protection when you no longer have the right to use said gun?

The Supreme Court has never incorporated the 2nd Amendment. That means that localities can obviate gun rights, and this is the view of Judge Sotomayor.

"The Second Amendment is the only part of the Bill of Rights that the Supreme Court has not specifically extended to the states through a process known as incorporation, which involves interpreting the Fourteenth Amendment to read that no state can deprive its citizens of federally guaranteed rights.

The Fourteenth Amendment reads, in part: “No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States … nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.”
CNSNews.com - Sotomayor Ruled That States Do Not Have to Obey Second Amendment

More dungeons and dragons bad government games by our resident gun queers.

What would most of you do?

Piss your pants, that's what.

if most of you were half the tought guys you portray youselves as on these boards, you'd already be in the mountains fightin the man.

Blowhards the lot of yas.

if most of you were half the tought guys you portray youselves as on these boards, you'd already be in the mountains fightin the man.

i think you are describing yourself Ed.....and why would anyone right now be in the Mts fighting the man?.....

And here in the oh so Liberal state of Oregon, most have guns. And those that are misuseing them are either gang members or whacked out super-Conservative wingnuts. No one here is considering abridging the Second Amendment.

Really, this is just part of the Guns, God, and Gays bullshit of the Grand Old Poopers. Red herrings to distract the citizens from the use of that party by the very wealthy to extend their economic domination of the citizens of this nation.

Once again, in my life time, the only President to try to take people's guns has been Bush.

Wouldn't know anything about dungeons and dragons Ed...seems like that's your bailiwick.

Last edited:
like i said WHY DONT YOU GO HOUSE HUNTING NOW.....

Because our government is not practicing tyranny now.

people like you enjoy the goodlife but if things start going sour start looking for a way out.....

You are absolutely correct. I do enjoy life, and if this country starts to imitate the Nazi regime, I'm outta here.

.....then ill come back and say HEY WE DID IT"....

You are quite mistaken. If I leave this country due to fascism, I will not be back.

Not to be rude, but you seem a bit like a nutjob.

I think you still have a 2nd Amendment right because no-one is interested in wiping it out. I doubt it has anything to do with the number of civilians (including police, police are civilians) who have firearms.

But my point about organisation remains. It's a fantasy for someone to think that any number of armed civilians could defend against a determined government able to wield the power of its military and other political apparatus to enforce its will. The question is, why would any government bother?

The democrats couldn't wait claim defeat in Iraq and and those armed civilians were 10,000 miles away.

Remember Harry Reid "The war is lost."

Last edited:

The democrats couldn't wait claim defeat in Iraq and and those armed civilians were 10,000 miles away.

Remember Harry Reid "The war is lost."

:lol:

The war was won - Saddam was removed and foreign forces occupied Iraq, in my book that's a win. Now, about the occupation...

But anyway, with all due respect, it doesn't address my question. Why would a US government bother to disarm the population?

Forum List

Back