Removal of the right to bear arms

The answer is yes if they want to they will ban guns, its happened to other nations and America is not immune to the process. How the people react to that is another matter but believe me the signs are there its just a question of when.

The first thing you do when the crap hits the fan is to make sure the population cannot fight back. As stated before various methods have been used to bring thsi about but the reality is that when such action takes place the majority of people will hand over their weapons.

The die hards will be labelled as terrorists and anti American and there will be more than enough people willing to report them to the authorities, because thats how the sheeple work. You don't need millions of police or troops to do the work when you have the populace spying on each other. That process has already started with the bogus WOT.

What people should do is to join together in neigbourhood groups to prevent the draconian laws that are now in place from being carried out.

With regard to free speech, it is being infringed upon on a daily basis as seen by all the recent activities by the police and other agencies. People may like to hide behind the idea that it is not so but it is happening like it or not. On top of that you have no fly lists, anyone speaking out against the regime is seen as un American and unpatriotic.

Various means are employed to prevent free speech be it anti terrorism legislation or any other law they wish to use to prevent people from challenging the system. It is worrying that many people do not think their freedoms and liberties are being taken away, but the penny usually drops when it actually happens to them.

Uh, boys, it has already happened. And all you yapping Cons did was stand up and cheer.

Katrina: Authorities bar Red Cross from NOLA; Blackwater gets carte blanche - Boing Boing

(Image: Blackwater USA Training Center, "Where Professionals Train," in North Carolina. Link.)
Armed with assault rifles, contractors from private security firm Blackwater are patrolling the black-water-flooded streets of New Orleans.
Meanwhile, unnarmed Red Cross workers toting food and medicine have been unable to enter the city for days.

The name Blackwater may ring a bell for those who've been following that other Gulf warzone -- Iraq. The highly trained private security contractors support US military operations there, and in Afghanistan, typically earning far more pay than enlisted personnel.

Kathryn Cramer blogs more on Blackwater's presence in Katrina's wake here. (still more at Making Light)

More in this New York Times article on the forced confiscation of weapons from civilians -- but not from guns-for-hire -- in New Orleans. Snip:

Waters were receding across this flood-beaten city today as police officers began confiscating weapons, including legally registered firearms, from civilians in preparation for a mass forced evacuation of the residents still living here. No civilians in New Orleans will be allowed to carry pistols, shotguns or other firearms, said P. Edwin Compass III, the superintendent of police. "Only law enforcement are allowed to have weapons," he said.
But that order apparently does not apply to hundreds of security guards hired by businesses and some wealthy individuals to protect property. The guards, employees of private security companies like Blackwater, openly carry M-16's and other assault rifles. Mr. Compass said that he was aware of the private guards, but that the police had no plans to make them give up their weapons.

Link.

Now we have all these silly Cons talking about how they are going to defend to the death their right to bear arms. And they probably will. And prove that their popguns were of no consequence in the first place.

On the other hand, were we to be in situation where the government became tyranical, then the last thing I would do is try to take on Apaches and Warthogs with my hunting rifles. As an industrial millwright, I know where the vulneble spots are in the grid, the water systems, and in industry, in general.

Soldiers that commit suicide do not win battles. And that is what these people are talking about. That being said, as a gun owning liberal, I am a supporter of the second amendment. And the President that I have seen in my lifetime that was the greatest danger to any and all of our Rights as enumerated in the Constitution was the fellow you idiots supported.

If such a thing came about and it is looking it could just what would be the real reaction to such legislation. I know we have heard all the gung ho bull from the so called would be die hards but as an law abiding citizen what are you going to do when the cops knock on your door and ask for all your guns and ammo, shoot them in the face?

I'm sure that if such legislation was introduced the perps would use every dirty trick in the book to bring that about but would people just hand them over for fear of the consequences. The perps would set up a few examples where people, ordinary citizens are gunned down by the authorities for not doing as they were told, the instill fear factor.

Many other nations have lost the right to have firearms and I am convinced that the high school shootings, terrorism etc. are being used to bring this about.

This would be my response

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jOviKCYyP3Y&feature=related]YouTube - Charlton Heston[/ame]

ed - sorry I'm not quoting your remark, saving a bit of space here - but I don't think people are necessarily cowards, just blessed with a bit of common sense.

ed - sorry I'm not quoting your remark, saving a bit of space here - but I don't think people are necessarily cowards, just blessed with a bit of common sense.

Not being slaughtered pointlessly is common sense, of course.

I wouldn't thinkn someone a coward for doing that.

Still in my opinion most people are cowards.

That's why governments find is so easy to control us, and the government's masters find it so easy to exploit us.

When government exists independently of the people that produced the government it's too late to worry about rebellion. Governments have to be kept in a state of temporary existence.

If such a thing came about and it is looking it could just what would be the real reaction to such legislation. I know we have heard all the gung ho bull from the so called would be die hards but as an law abiding citizen what are you going to do when the cops knock on your door and ask for all your guns and ammo, shoot them in the face?
Won't happen unless martial law is simultaneously declared, in which case everyone but the military is screwed.

The fact I think most of you are discounting is...American gun owners are all ready mentally prepared for this fight.

Last edited:
Those who voted yes on it would be shot. Those who tried to enforce it would be shot. Those who think it's a good idea would be shot.

Seriously, I always thought that if something were going to push people over the edge, taking away their guns might just be the thing.

Could the voters, the enforcers and those who support the idea shoot back?

What would the people who vote to ban guns be doing with guns of their own? Surely you aren't suggesting they're hypocrites.

Those who voted yes on it would be shot. Those who tried to enforce it would be shot. Those who think it's a good idea would be shot.

Seriously, I always thought that if something were going to push people over the edge, taking away their guns might just be the thing.

Could the voters, the enforcers and those who support the idea shoot back?

What would the people who vote to ban guns be doing with guns of their own? Surely you aren't suggesting they're hypocrites.

Nope :D

Wow, look at all the brave progressives posting anonymously and cheering on the destruction of one of our rights.

You mean like the Nazis did with the Jews in Germany?

I'm not going to shoot them, but I'm also not handing over any guns. Might move to Canada at that point though.

I'm sure that if such legislation was introduced the perps would use every dirty trick in the book to bring that about but would people just hand them over for fear of the consequences. The perps would set up a few examples where people, ordinary citizens are gunned down by the authorities for not doing as they were told, the instill fear factor.

Many other nations have lost the right to have firearms and I am convinced that the high school shootings, terrorism etc. are being used to bring this about.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jOviKCYyP3Y&feature=related]YouTube - Charlton Heston[/ame]

With a muzzle loader yet:lol:

The fact I think most of you are discounting is...American gun owners are all ready mentally prepared for this fight.

It will not be President Obama, or any "liberal" that comes to take your guns. It will be someone like George W. Bush. And the pretext will be a national disaster of some sort, as it was the last time that was tried. Not only that, you will not be dealing with just your local police, it will be backed up by somebody like Blackwater.

very well said.

$106901208.jpg i need my guns to kill big bugs..

Forum List

Back