Remind us again how the dems will compromise?

Libertarianism is a criminal philosophy.

Think not? Go observe how a prison yard is organized by the prison population. Libertarianism on display.

The moral code of criminals is identical to the moral code of the Democrat party, so your analogy fails.

Both the Democratic and Republican parties, like all parties, are subject to law and argue they should be, except the Libertarian Party.

The Aryan Brotherhood is organized as libertarian. All prison gangs are. All associations of school ground bullies are libertarian in principle.

Tis what tis. You want to be l'il bripat dawg.

In other words, he wants to soak the rich. He's been saying that for over 4 years. Where's the compromise?

No, he's not raising taxes on the rich. That's the talking point of the right. He is reversing a tax cut that wasn't needed and wasn't meant to be permanent.

It is not soaking the rich.

They can handle it.

He's raising taxes on the rich. Anyone who believes otherwise is simply a deluded Obama dolt or a propagandist. When taxes are higher after a given piece of legislation takes effect, it's a tax increase. That's the bottom line.

When taxes increases apply only to the rich, we call that "soaking the rich."

You might want to try doing some research into the Bush tax cuts that were only able to be passed in such a way that they expire.

So ending a tax cut is not a tax increase. Instead of just insulting everyone you don't agree with and repeating talking points, you might want to look into this yourself.

And it is not soaking the rich. They handled that same tax rate just fine before the tax cut. In fact, the economy was booming. And right now tax rates for the wealthy are at historically low levels.

I find it sad that people defend the rich for the sole reason that their ideology tells them to. Do you make over $250,000/year? Then I can understand it I guess.

Obama said they would.

He also said that he wanted the Bush tax cuts to expire on those making more than $250,000/year and campaigned and won on that and the Senate passed a bill making permanent the cuts on those making less than that.

The Republicans rejected both. Now they want to work on cutting Medicare and SS. That's not compromising.

It takes both sides and the Republicans strange protection of the very wealthy while trying to cut programs that help Seniors and the poor is one reason they lost the election.

if you're really serious about cutting the deficit you'll let the Bush tax cuts expire on everybody but you won't because class warfare is the name of the game.

Tax cuts benefit everyone who has adjusted gross income of $1.00 or more. That INCLUDES millionaires and billionaires; even you, Willow Tree, must know that.

Last edited:
You might want to try doing some research into the Bush tax cuts that were only able to be passed in such a way that they expire.

In other words, they had an expiration date only because the Dims insisted on it. It's good to see you admit who deserves full responsibility for taxes going up at the end of the year.

So ending a tax cut is not a tax increase. Instead of just insulting everyone you don't agree with and repeating talking points, you might want to look into this yourself.

Tax rates will increase next year, so it's a tax increase. All your verbal legerdemain isn't fooling anyone.

And it is not soaking the rich. They handled that same tax rate just fine before the tax cut. In fact, the economy was booming. And right now tax rates for the wealthy are at historically low levels.

Forcing the rich to bear the brunt of tax increases is soaking the rich. Whether they can "handle it" isn't the determining factor.

I find it sad that people defend the rich for the sole reason that their ideology tells them to. Do you make over $250,000/year? Then I can understand it I guess.

Being rich isn't a crime. I defend anyone who is under assault. Dims like you want to loot a class of people simply because they have more than you. That's nothing but pure robbery.

Avoiding your fair share is criminal, bripat.

Libertarianism is a criminal mindset.

Avoiding your fair share is criminal, bripat.

Libertarianism is a criminal mindset.

My "fair share" of your bills is zero.

You're a true idiot, Fakey. We all know you aren't a Republican, and you don't know fuck about libertarians. You're a goose stepping statist liberal.

I am a GOP for many decades, a party officer for many years, and a Gerald Ford man.

You are a libertarian with a criminal mind set. If you won't live by the rules, leave.

it's always amusing seeing the extremists who call anyone who doesn't toe the rightwingnut line RINO's complain about a lack of compromise.

It is always fun watching you IGNORE your sides lies misinformation and deception. Reid said he won't compromise. Meanwhile Obama said they would. But then since you already posted that compromise in your book is the Republicans doing everything the dems want, we already know where your ignorant ass is on this subject don't we?

Elections have consequences, republicans have put themselves in a situation where all their sacred cows are at peril at a time when they cannot possibly feel that confident taking a hardline stand. Democrats just do not have that much at stake in this mess so prepare your anus.

In other words, Democrats have no intention of cutting anything, despite what they said before the election. But we already knew that. Only the suckers who voted for them believed otherwise.

I see you don't pay attention they said they would cut 3 or 4 trillion and have a 1.6 trillion revenue increase ... are you not listening???

Where exactly does 4 trillion come from? Gonna get rid of all defense? Even that wouldn't do it. If they refuse to consider the main money programs exactly where do they get the cuts from? Critical thinking is not you libs strong suit is it?

I believe that 'conservative' members of Congress should forcefully state why they believe a bill or EO is bad for the country and/or the economy. Then proceed to do nothing to impede the implementation of such, making clear they are following the will of the people, via the 2012 election.

Will revisit in 2014 and 2016.

That's fair, Annie. We in the GOP will know who in the TP to knock out in the primaries.

I believe that 'conservative' members of Congress should forcefully state why they believe a bill or EO is bad for the country and/or the economy. Then proceed to do nothing to impede the implementation of such, making clear they are following the will of the people, via the 2012 election.

There is a space in between being useless because you're mindlessly and incessantly obstructionist, and being useless because you're a doormat.

That space is called being a legitimate opposition party. Maybe it's time for Republicans to try that.

There is a space in between being useless because you're mindlessly and incessantly obstructionist, and being useless because you're a doormat.

That space is called being a legitimate opposition party. Maybe it's time for Republicans to try that.

They should be opposition in ideas, but go along with the will of the people. Then one party owns the results, for good or bad.

No matter what the House does the press will aid the left in claiming any problems are their fault. It is time for the right to hit back with ads and statements. No more being silent on the criminal and foolish activity of the dems in the Senate.

No matter what the House does the press will aid the left in claiming any problems are their fault. It is time for the right to hit back with ads and statements. No more being silent on the criminal and foolish activity of the dems in the Senate.

I'm really at the point, as I think most of the country's citizens are, let the policies prove the right way to go. Let the Democrats carry the day or fail. This is their time.

No opposition on implementation, something they'd lose at anyways. So, go for ideas and no true obstructions or attempts at such. Let the policies, both economic and foreign, do what they may. Give 100% praise or blame, where it really belongs.

Forum List

Back