Remind us again how the dems will compromise?

Elections have consequences, republicans have put themselves in a situation where all their sacred cows are at peril at a time when they cannot possibly feel that confident taking a hardline stand. Democrats just do not have that much at stake in this mess so prepare your anus.

Elections have consequences, republicans have put themselves in a situation where all their sacred cows are at peril at a time when they cannot possibly feel that confident taking a hardline stand. Democrats just do not have that much at stake in this mess so prepare your anus.

yep, just screw the other half that didn't vote for the dear leader

Remind me again how compromise just means the republicans give in.

Unfortunately, their negotiating hand just got weaker. They should've taken the deal in 2011.

Just last year, Obama and top Democrats were willing during budget negotiations with Republicans to take politically risky steps such as reducing the annual inflation adjustment to Social Security and raising the eligibility age for Medicare.

Now, with new leverage from Obama's big election victory and a playing field for negotiations that is more favorable in other ways, too, Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid and other Democrats are taking a harder line.

yep, just screw the other half that didn't vote for the dear leader

Excuse me if the schadenfreude is just too delicious at least as far as the political maneuvering here is concerned, republicans do not have a problem with this mess that they did not bring upon themselves 100%. The incredible amount of political capital they wagered on kicking the can to this point in time and winning the election and therefore having the upper hand in this situation is mind boggling in it's stupidity and carelessness. They have played chicken with their entire platform and lost, pray you still have a party to peel off the road when this over.

We GOP should have done the deal last year because it was the right thing. Boehner said yes then said no. Now, the Dems will say, "You will have to if you don't want to be destroyed in the election of 2014, by the middle class."

Remind me again why the Dems should have to?

They shouldn't. Obama needs to keep playing hardball and give the right wing trash the same that they have been giving to him the past four years.

Exactly, they refused to compromise with Obama on anything and even had the agenda of not compromising so they can try to make him a one term President.

Obama has a much stronger hand now. He needs to play it.

I would also like to point out that if the democrats were to play nice and not be so hard on the poor stupid republicans that it would earn them nothing next time the republicans decide to take something democrats like hostage. Stick it to those obstructionist bastards until they scream, maybe that's something they will respect, lord knows they hate compromise.

I would also like to point out that if the democrats were to play nice and not be so hard on the poor stupid republicans that it would earn them nothing next time the republicans decide to take something democrats like hostage. Stick it to those obstructionist bastards until they scream, maybe that's something they will respect, lord knows they hate compromise.

I think the Dems compromised enough when the Bush tax cut were extended in 2010.

In other words, Democrats have no intention of cutting anything, despite what they said before the election. But we already knew that. Only the suckers who voted for them believed otherwise.

Democrats stiffen spine against trimming benefits - Yahoo! News

Remind me again how compromise just means the republicans give in.

why would you cut things that matter to the vast majority of this society before you make the top 1% kick in?

Thanks for admitting the Dims intend to make the rich pay for everything and have no intention of cutting anything.

cuckoo.jpg

Excuse me if the schadenfreude is just too delicious at least as far as the political maneuvering here is concerned, republicans do not have a problem with this mess that they did not bring upon themselves 100%. The incredible amount of political capital they wagered on kicking the can to this point in time and winning the election and therefore having the upper hand in this situation is mind boggling in it's stupidity and carelessness. They have played chicken with their entire platform and lost, pray you still have a party to peel off the road when this over.

Republicans "kicked the can?"

You are utterly hilarious.

In other words, Democrats have no intention of cutting anything, despite what they said before the election. But we already knew that. Only the suckers who voted for them believed otherwise.

They will cut plenty but the Bush tax cuts for the wealthy are history and the pentagon gets cut too, just the way it is, republicans put this incredible piece of political leverage here for the party who won the election to pick up, somehow they never even prepared themselves for the possibility that it might not be them.

Republicans "kicked the can?"

You are utterly hilarious.

did you go to school at all?

New Topics

Forum List

Back