Remembering Robert E. Lee: American Patriot and Southern Hero

Robert E. Lee was a great American. He deserves a holiday

CIVIL WAR OP-ED Remembering Robert E. Lee American Patriot and Southern Hero Huntington News

Sir Winston Churchill called General Robert E. Lee, “one of the noblest Americans who ever lived.”

Please let me call to your attention that Monday, January 19, 2015, is the 208th birthday of Robert E. Lee, whose memory is still dear in the hearts of many Southerners. Why is this man so honored in the South and respected in the North? Lee was even respected by the soldiers of Union blue who fought against him during the War Between the States.

What is your community doing to commemorate the birthday of this great American?

General Lee’s portrait adorns the State Capitol in Atlanta where the Georgia Division Sons of Confederate Veterans hosted their 1st Lee birthday in 1988. The SCV will host their annual Robert E. Lee birthday celebration on Saturday January 17, 2015 at Georgia’s Old Secession Capitol on Greene Street in Milledgeville. Read more at: 2015 Annual Robert E Lee Birthday Celebration

During Robert E. Lee's 100th birthday in 1907, Charles Francis Adams, Jr., a former Union Commander and grandson of US President John Quincy Adams, spoke in tribute to Robert E. Lee at Washington and Lee College's Lee Chapel in Lexington, Virginia. His speech was printed in both Northern and Southern newspapers and is said to had lifted Lee to a renewed respect among the American people.

And In Lexington, Virginia events are scheduled for the birthday of Robert E. Lee and Stonewall Jackson on January 16th and 17th. Read more at: Home - Lee-Jackson Day Lexington VA

Dr. Edward C. Smith, respected African-American Professor of History at American University in Washington, D.C. , told the audience in Atlanta, Ga. during a 1995 Robert E. Lee birthday event, quote 'Dr. Martin Luther King and Robert E. Lee were individuals worthy of emulation because they understood history.' Unquote

God bless the memory of Robert E. Lee, man of God, patriot, and the last true freedom fighter in this country's history.

There is nothing in the Constitution prohibiting secession.
Tell that to Lee, you stupid jizz bag...LOL!!!!
Where did Lee say it was unconstitutional?

Also, are you saying you agree with his opinion if that is even his opinion. or do you just say crap and see what sticks? You were the one that claimed he said it, and said he was right about it. So why don't you link where he said such a thing and cite the part of the Constitution that says secession is illegal?

I know you have a smaller on average brain, but this isn't rocket science to do.
You speak of the Brain yet are too stupid to comprehend a quote in simple English...you should really stay away from insinuations of relative intelligence...
You offered no quote where Lee said secession was unconstitutional.

I think you had too much purpa drank tonight...

Also, are you saying you agree with his opinion if that is even his opinion. or do you just say crap and see what sticks? You were the one that claimed he said it, and said he was right about it. So why don't you link where he said such a thing and cite the part of the Constitution that says secession is illegal?

I know you have a smaller on average brain, but this isn't rocket science to do.
You speak of the Brain yet are too stupid to comprehend a quote in simple English...you should really stay away from insinuations of relative intelligence...

Strange...you seem to be exceptionally dim witted tonight...lol!!!

Wow, some more jive talk from the resident ****** what a surprise. Can't say I am surprised you have yet to post anything of substance. You still haven't shown where Lee said secession was unconstitutional, or what part of the Constitution prohibits secession.

Just admit you don't have answers. But you are too stupid to realize it and have to demonize the side in history you oppose with absurd claims because you have an infantile and cartoonish view of history due to your indoctrination in the American education system. We could actually have an argument on the Civil War on constructive points, instead you want to keep pedaling this idiocy.

You aren't anything special, and are all too common among Americans. You are just a black that is all bluster with an inflated ego, a dime a dozen.

Wow, some more jive talk from the resident ****** what a surprise. Can't say I am surprised you have yet to post anything of substance. You still haven't shown where Lee said secession was unconstitutional, or what part of the Constitution prohibits secession.

Just admit you don't have answers. But you are too stupid to realize it and have to demonize the side in history you oppose with absurd claims because you have an infantile and cartoonish view of history due to your indoctrination in the American education system. We could actually have an argument on the Civil War on constructive points, instead you want to keep pedaling this idiocy.

You aren't anything special, and are all too common among Americans. You are just a black that is all bluster with an inflated ego, a dime a dozen.
STRIKE THREE!!!!!...anybody want to help the imbecile out???

So why don't you link where he said such a thing and cite the part of the Constitution that says secession is illegal?

Never heard of Texas v. White?
So you are saying the Confederacy violated the Constitution due to a Supreme Court ruling that was authored after the Civil War? You are as dumb as your avatar suggests...

Actually he is the second poster that has made you look like a little bitch tonight.

You asked for a cite in the U.S. Constitution that made secession illegal and he gave it to you.

NOW...when he made you a jack ass, you want to change the parameter of your question.

What a fucking loser...smh.

So why don't you link where he said such a thing and cite the part of the Constitution that says secession is illegal?

So you are saying the Confederacy violated the Constitution due to a Supreme Court ruling that was authored after the Civil War? You are as dumb as your avatar suggests...

Actually he is the second poster that has made you look like a little bitch tonight.

You asked for a cite in the U.S. Constitution that made secession illegal and he gave it to you.

NOW...when he made you a jack ass, you want to change the parameter of your question.

What a fucking loser...smh.
You dumb monkey, you didn't even know what that case was until he cited it. You kept claiming it was illegal because Robert E Lee said so and couldn't cite where in the Constitution it disallows it.

Btw...you stupid bucket of pus...go back to Post#26.
That's where my link and quote are located, being that you are too stupid to research a thread before you make stupid remarks on it.
Just because there is not a right to something in the Constitution doesn't make it illegal you mouth breather. Even in the quote you posted, he never said it was "unconstitutional".

Last edited:

All this moron does is insult and imagine that he's making some kind of an argument.

Last edited:

STRIKE THREE!!!!!...anybody want to help the imbecile out???

You're not even in the game, you witless baboon.

5 of the justices who made that ruling were appointed by Lincoln. What are the odds, do you suppose, that they would rule their benefactor had illegally made war on the South?

Last edited:
Love what happened to his house....we should do stuff like that today.

You mean you favor having the government expropriate people's property?

I'm not surprised that you don't give a crap about the Bill of Rights.

He committed treason and forfeited his holdings...that they buried war dead on his back porch was fitting...as is your worship of a treasonous figure in American history.

If he committed treason, then why wasn't he tried for treason?
Lincoln decided it would be a "With malice toward none" type of reconstruction.

Government isn't allowed to violate your rights without due process of law.
Tell that to Michael Brown.

You know that legal principle that liberals turds like you are always whining about? That means a trial and a conviction. He didn't forfeit jack squat according to the Constitution.
You know very little about the Constitution, In that case.

Of course, liberal turds like you have displayed your utter contempt for the Constitution on a regular basis. You cheer every time Obama wipes his ass with it.
You're cheering for someone who wanted to overthrow the US government and lead an army bent on doing so.

bad general. Left almost 40% of his soldiers in most of his berserker battles. And why he went to Gettysburg is a mystery

Good educator though.

I agree that he made a big mistake at Gettysburg. However, he was a lot better than all the union generals.
Maybe he was somewhat competent because he was removed for 32 years of the ignorance of the south and educated in the U.S. Military.
He was smart enough to state that the southern states had no Constitutional right to secession so he wasn't a total ignorant hick.

he was better educated than you and of higher character
You sound like a complete imbecile.
So I guess all those science courses I have taken and all the technological and humanities courses I have passed were around hundreds of years ago and at the same level of discovery as now...lol.

You sound so stupid you must come from the South, unfortunately you make the smart ones look stupid also.

Lee was far better educated than you and he had far better manners.

If he were so educated, he could have seen that it was no contest from the beginning and not made such a silly choice to lead the fools errand of doing the bidding for racist baboons.

Forum List

Back