Remember When the Smart People Said Trumps Trade Tarriffs Would Sink the US Economy?

Treated unfairly? Jesus H. The US is the 800-pound gorilla. We ought to stop whining about the biggest, baddest country on the planet being a freaking victim.

The biggest damage done to the US manufacturing sector was courtesy of Ronald Reagan and changes to hostile-takeover rules. Venture capitalists bought textile mills and manufacturing plants throughout America, shuttered the plants, fired the employees, and sold the manufacturing equipment to Far East entities.

So much winning.

Bring back coal? GTFOH!

We are EXPORTING coal, and now a net exporter of OIL for the first time, thanks to Trump's Energy Policy. Yes, Europe, and Asia have been ALLOWED to take advantage of us by putting huge tariffs on our goods. Trump is leveling the playing field, and they don't like it. Finally, a President fighting or American companies, and American citizens for a change.

Check gasoline prices lately? Those savings go right to the bottom line, and especially helps the lower, and middle income earner in making ends meet.

We became a net exporter of refined petroleum products in 2011. Trump's policies have had fuckall to do with it, and fracking in the Permian basin has everything to do with it. I'm happy about gas prices, which are a result of global market forces. If you want to give Trump credit for gas prices, remember it when they go back up.

OMR - Current Report

If Trump could lower gas prices, why did he wait 20 months to do it?

20 coal-fired power plants will be taken offline in the US next year, because they are no longer competitive with natural gas and renewables. We can ship coal to a few nations until they can upgrade their infrastructure. Big deal.

Obama had historically LOW interest rates near ZERO his entire eight years due to the Fed's Quantitative Easing policy and still had a crappy economy, and poor GDP growth. Trump has to fight the Fed's TIGHTENING policy now as they raised rates FOUR TIME during his first two years.

Trump's Energy Policy has created an environment that promotes more U.S. energy production. The President doesn't set energy prices but policy can influence supply, and demand which does. Maybe take an economics course?

Obama had historically LOW interest rates near ZERO his entire eight years due to the Fed's Quantitative Easing policy and still had a crappy economy, and poor GDP growth. Trump has to fight the Fed's TIGHTENING policy now as they raised rates FOUR TIME during his first two years.

Trump's Energy Policy has created an environment that promotes more U.S. energy production. The President doesn't set energy prices but policy can influence supply, and demand which does. Maybe take an economics course?

The Fed raised rates in 2015 and 2016 - once each year, and I don't think the Fed is particularly partisan. That's just more of Trump's con job. If I were inclined to think that way, I'd point to 1999-2001, when the Feds raised rates several times in Clinton's last two years to "slow an overheated economy," and then dropped rates an equal number of times in Bush's first year to get things going again.

I was in the oil/gas bidness for over 20 years. It doesn't make me a genius, but I understand Supply and Demand.

The Fed raised rates in 2015 and 2016 - once each year, and I don't think the Fed is particularly partisan. That's just more of Trump's con job. If I were inclined to think that way, I'd point to 1999-2001, when the Feds raised rates several times in Clinton's last two years to "slow an overheated economy," and then dropped rates an equal number of times in Bush's first year to get things going again.

I was in the oil/gas bidness for over 20 years. It doesn't make me a genius, but I understand Supply and Demand.

The only legitimate reason the Fed should be raising rates are if there is inflation, or looming inflation. That is why they raised rates during Clinton. I am not saying they are partisan, but I don't see legitimate inflation fears right now. Maybe the Fed is acting in an attempt to avoid inflation, but I think they are being overly aggressive.

If you were in the oil business, then you know more than I do about that sector.

IDIOT We be sinking with that moron in our WH leading the way You know, the moron you support
Ed, if you ARE 82, I'm surprised you name call-should not be in your generational nature. If you are sinking, please tell us. Personally, I am better off with Trump, than any other president including Reagan.
I am 82 Birthday this past sunday and I reserve foul speech only here and for those deserving of it ...imho
Wow, one foot in the grave, and the other on a banana peel, but you curse and carry on like you do ??? Amazing.

IDIOT We be sinking with that moron in our WH leading the way You know, the moron you support
Ed, if you ARE 82, I'm surprised you name call-should not be in your generational nature. If you are sinking, please tell us. Personally, I am better off with Trump, than any other president including Reagan.
I am 82 Birthday this past sunday and I reserve foul speech only here and for those deserving of it ...imho
82 and does nothing but bitch and moan.
Sad.
Well with the AH's tariffs and shutting down gov't can anyone be blamed for wanting to stick a boot in trumps mouth ?

A couple more weeks of this shut down and the U.S. economy will lose about 6 billion it's already lost 3. Keep up the good work trumpkins maybe that recession will arrive sooner than later.
Oh the ressesion you Demon-crats wanted by way of any means nessesary in order to get rid of Trump ?? You mean the shut down the Demon-crats own, but are trying to brand Trump at fault when he just said that he would own it if the Demon-crats caused it ??

A couple more weeks of this shut down and the U.S. economy will lose about 6 billion it's already lost 3.

So your point is it would be cheaper to just give Trump the $5 billion he asked for thank you.
They would rather spend more money on NO BORDER SECURITY than open the gov't for 0.11% of the budget while wasting more than requested.

Unbelievable...........What a bunch of RETARDS.

This just proves the deep state has brought into vote low logic people who are easily fooled by crooks

This will not stand because trump has the men on his side

China built their military from the deep states unfair trade with them

And now America has to pay more for defense from the tax payers

If the point of the thread is to show that the US economy is improving under Trump while other major economies are sinking, that is a proven fact.
The Fed either deliberately or accidentally almost sank the US economy by raising interest rates to fast while unwinding their balance sheet. So the US economy can be sunk by the Fed, I'm not doing a touchdown dance yet.

Interest rates needed to be raised. No need to keep them low so Trump economy looks on fire when its not in reality. That is due to a recession is coming.
It could be a recession coming, or a soft landing.....I'm hoping for the soft landing. A recession is two quarters of negative growth. No one currently sees that coming, unless the Fed keeps raising interest rates too fast.

EVERYONE currently sees that coming. This is the longest sustained period of growth in US history.

If the point of the thread is to show that the US economy is improving under Trump while other major economies are sinking, that is a proven fact.
The Fed either deliberately or accidentally almost sank the US economy by raising interest rates to fast while unwinding their balance sheet. So the US economy can be sunk by the Fed, I'm not doing a touchdown dance yet.

Interest rates needed to be raised. No need to keep them low so Trump economy looks on fire when its not in reality. That is due to a recession is coming.

Funny how they never needed to be raised when Barry was President, Penelope...

Remember When the Smart People Said Trumps Trade Tarriffs Would Sink the US Economy?

They were right.
USDA forecasts record U.S. soy stockpile as trade war roils exports | Reuters

Pacific trade deal spurs Canadian farm sales to Japan as U.S. watches - Japan Today

Canadian wheat 15% cheaper

Australian beef 27% cheaper

Trump has screwed farmers and dairy. It will take a while to kick in, but when it does, disaster. These Trump voter's lives are ruined by Trump.
Try having a conversation with people in the food business; they are quite happy.

Forum List

Back