Foreigners....amazing.

Thinker101

Diamond Member
Mar 25, 2017
Personally, I find it amazing that there are a number of foreigners on USMB that feel they're in a position to chime in on what's happening in the U.S. If they were actually immigrants I could understand, even if they were illegal immigrants I could understand. But foreigners, regardless of the country you live in, don't you have enough problems in your own country?

Personally, I find it amazing that there are a number of foreigners on USMB that feel they're in a position to chime in on what's happening in the U.S. If they were actually immigrants I could understand, even if they were illegal immigrants I could understand. But foreigners, regardless of the country you live in, don't you have enough problems in your own country?
Does it really bother you ?

It doesn't bother me as long as your country is doing better than the U.S.

Maybe Mueller should be focusing his attention here... LOL

Only if we took you seriously.
That hasn't happened yet.

Why is that relevant ?

We seem to have no problem voicing our opinions on how other countries should run their business--like Israel, for example, and Great Britain. It's every day here.

Why is that relevant ?

Oh, I dunno, common sense? I also don't get financial advice from the 22 year old "advisor" at the bank.

Last edited:
We seem to have no problem voicing our opinions on how other countries should run their business--like Israel, for example, and Great Britain. It's every day here.

Yea, hardly every day, hardly once a week, maybe even hardly once a month.

When you are #1 you can trash talk other countries.

It bothers me, and I'm a foreigner.

Something I discovered while traveling all over the world.....America is the only country that seems dead set on destroying it's own image. Why is that?

Because our media can be owned by foreigners. The New York Times has a major shareholder who is a Mexican billionaire. Fox News is owned by an Australian. CNN has been acting like a traitor to America since it's inception. I can tell you first-hand personal accounts of CNN giving aide and comfort to our enemies.

Why is that relevant ?

Oh, I dunno, common sense? I also don't get financial advice from the 22 year old advisor at the bank.

"Doing better" will mean different things to different people so as a benchmark its meaningless.

I also think that it is irrelevant. I dont feel threatened when you comment on UK issues so I am not sure why my comments on US issues should upset you.

What happens in the US affects the rest of the world and so it is natural that foreigners should take an interest.

Something I discovered while traveling all over the world.....America is the only country that seems dead set on destroying it's own image. Why is that?

Because our media can be owned by foreigners. The New York Times has a major shareholder who is a Mexican billionaire. Fox News is owned by an Australian. CNN has been acting like a traitor to America since it's inception. I can tell you first-hand personal accounts of CNN giving aide and comfort to our enemies.

Murdoch is an American citizen who also owns a large chunk of the UK media. The other major right wing players are all tax exiles. The left leaning press ownership is UK based.

I am not sure if your media is better or worse than ours but ours is pretty poor.

Why is that relevant ?

Oh, I dunno, common sense? I also don't get financial advice from the 22 year old advisor at the bank.

"Doing better" will mean different things to different people so as a benchmark its meaningless.

I also think that it is irrelevant. I dont feel threatened when you comment on UK issues so I am not sure why my comments on US issues should upset you.

What happens in the US affects the rest of the world and so it is natural that foreigners should take an interest.

Why is that relevant ?

The UK doesn't get bashed like the US. In fact it's becoming a default setting to bash America.

Yet everyone wants to go there. :cool-45:

Why is that relevant ?

Evidently "common sense" means different things to different people also.
Be sure to let me know when I comment on a UK issue.

Why is that relevant ?

Evidently "common sense" means different things to different people also.
Be sure to let me know when I comment on a UK issue.

Brexit!!!!! Aka Monty Python.

I have no problem with foreigners commenting on the U.S. Their Media is largely very biased against the U.S., and especially against Trump, so their perspective is very biased. However, I like to hear opposing views about the U.S. to see where the rest of the world is coming from. No, I usually do NOT agree with them.

However, I will also feel free to comment on Europe, Asia, and other parts of the world as I see fit.

This post is a good example of the fear of dissent and diversity common to most on the right, illustrating how closed-mined most conservatives are, and how intolerant they are of other views and opinions.

It’s also an example of the right’s wrongheaded neo-isolationism and unwarranted contempt for other peoples, nations, and cultures.

Indeed, the views and comments of those outside of the United States should be of interest to Americans, as those views and comments can be objective and unbiased.

I too have no problem with it. What I find laughable are those in this Country that give two shits about what the rest of the World thinks of US.

Forum List

Back