Remember when the Hollywood elite said they wanted to pay more taxes?

Hollywood is only in this to keep money in their pockets.

It should be so obvious with their constant lobbying with $$$.

aren't we all trying to keep as much money as possible?....but this whole thing is not about that......its about getting them to make more things here in the US....instead of Canada....

Why is it okay that hollywood pays less in taxes so they will stay here, but if a corporation leaves because they are taxed to death, their considered greedy, but hollywood isn't?

:clap2:

Great point.

Funny how less taxes spurs economic growth in Hollywood, not the rest of the world.

:doubt:

Last edited:
Hollywood is only in this to keep money in their pockets.

It should be so obvious with their constant lobbying with $$$.

aren't we all trying to keep as much money as possible?....but this whole thing is not about that......its about getting them to make more things here in the US....instead of Canada....

7 out of the top 10 movies made recently were made right here in America.

Sure you are.

You've been challenged to name one person in Hollywood who is paying a special, lower income tax rate.........you can't, hence this whole charade.

Dumb ass are you saying that no one of the hollywood elite will not benefit from the tax breaks obama has allowed for certain rich in hollywood?

I'm saying that people in Hollywood will pay the same rate on taxable income over 400k as everyone else's taxable income over 400k.

You are yet to prove otherwise.

Do I have a list of names? No I don't
Can you disprove this will not benefit the rich elite in Hollywood? No you haven't

Dumb ass are you saying that no one of the hollywood elite will not benefit from the tax breaks obama has allowed for certain rich in hollywood?

I'm saying that people in Hollywood will pay the same rate on taxable income over 400k as everyone else's taxable income over 400k.

Can you disprove this will not benefit the rich elite in Hollywood? No you haven't

You don't a list of names because no such names exist.

The rates on everyone's taxable income is the same.

Thanks for playing, BigDerp.

I told you I don't have a list. I also asked you to do something. when are you going to disprove that this will not benefit the Hollywood elite.

I told you I don't have a list. I also asked you to do something. when are you going to disprove that this will not benefit the Hollywood elite.

Like I said you don't have a list because no such names exist.

I will gladly answer your question when you can name me one member of the "Hollywood elite" who are paying a lower rate on taxable income over 400k than everyone else.

He only signs bills into law that have been passed by Congress. Obama does not right the legislation. Go back to school.

Yes, we know. He has no culpability in this because it is bad. Of course, he 'saved' Detroit. That was him because it makes a good talking point. Oh yes, he also cut middle class taxes and raised taxes on the rich. That was him but the pork in this bill is not him. And that healthcare bill, all Obama.

Look, he is the president and as such, he get the credit/blame when it comes down to it. I am not going play this bullshit game where we sing Obama's praises for one accomplishment and then decry failures as 'not his fault' in the next statement.

That does not absolve congresses place in this. Congress has been a giant fuck up for the last decade but that does not absolve Obama's place in this as well.

Hey, if you ever gave the guy positive credit for anything, maybe you could be taken seriously. The problem is that you are just ideological tool.

I have gave him credit where it was due. I am not the ideological tool here, you are as he can do no wrong in your eyes (unless he hasn't gone far enough, that is about the only thing that your ilk seems to be able to criticize).

Using the ad-homonym does not defend the asinine position that you are taking. Try again.

The OP once again confirms that he is one of the dumbest posters on this board with this new thread.

OMG what a stupid fuck you are. I thought this raising taxes bullshit was about fairness? Come on idiot explain how the fuck is this fair? Who benefits from paying less taxes?
Are you saying no one from Hollywood will not benefit from this?

I'm sure someone from Hollywood will benefit from this. This has nothing to do with income taxes, which is what the tax issue was recently about, and is akin to subsidizing the oil industry.

Guess what they got in the cliff bill?

A tax credit. obama's rich Hollywood buddies don';t have to pay more in taxes. No fucking wonder he spent so much time with these idiots.
Fiscal Cliff: Hollywood Tax Incentives Renewed Under Deal - The Hollywood Reporter

Lord I wish you people would actually read the stuff you posted. There were no tax breaks there for Obama's Hollywood buddies.

The tax credit applies to certain production costs for movies/TV series filmed in economically disadvantages areas and was put into place by George Bush to keep production out of Canada. It has NOTHING to do with the personal taxes of anyone in Hollywood.

As a Canadian living in the studio district in Toronto, I can't tell you how disappointed my neighbours and I are that this tax incentive has been continued. Canada has benefitted greatly from US television and movie production. Had this not gone through, I'm sure a lot of production would have come into our area.

The OP once again confirms that he is one of the dumbest posters on this board with this new thread.

OMG what a stupid fuck you are. I thought this raising taxes bullshit was about fairness? Come on idiot explain how the fuck is this fair? Who benefits from paying less taxes?

I'm sure someone from Hollywood will benefit from this. This has nothing to do with income taxes, which is what the tax issue was recently about, and is akin to subsidizing the oil industry.

One more time I thought this was about fairness and inequality in taxes. The rich in Hollywood are benefiting from this you're just to god damn stupid to see it.

A tax credit. obama's rich Hollywood buddies don';t have to pay more in taxes. No fucking wonder he spent so much time with these idiots.
Fiscal Cliff: Hollywood Tax Incentives Renewed Under Deal - The Hollywood Reporter

Lord I wish you people would actually read the stuff you posted. There were no tax breaks there for Obama's Hollywood buddies.

The tax credit applies to certain production costs for movies/TV series filmed in economically disadvantages areas and was put into place by George Bush to keep production out of Canada. It has NOTHING to do with the personal taxes of anyone in Hollywood.

As a Canadian living in the studio district in Toronto, I can't tell you how disappointed my neighbours and I are that this tax incentive has been continued. Canada has benefitted greatly from US television and movie production. Had this not gone through, I'm sure a lot of production would have come into our area.

Their ignorance and stupidity is truly a thing to behold.

One more time I thought this was about fairness and inequality in taxes. The rich in Hollywood are benefiting from this you're just to god damn stupid to see it.

Please show proof that those benefiting from it are those that are suggesting they pay more taxes.

Also, the bolded is hilarious. Learn some basic grammar before calling someone stupid.

Please show proof that those benefiting from it are those that are suggesting they pay more taxes.

Also, the bolded is hilarious. Learn some basic grammar before calling someone stupid.

The link in the OP wasn't proof enough? What are you smoking.

No, it didn't name anyone stating that they want to pay more taxes who is going to benefit from this.

What part of - spending money and hiring people in disadvantaged areas do you not understand? All of it I guess. The rich in Hollywood aren't benefitting, it's the poor communities getting this influx of cash that are getting the big benefit here. Conservatives can always see what something costs but never the benefits.

I remember how much production Toronto lost when this was passed - a LOT. Movie and TV production in the city had come to a screaching halt during the SARS outbreak in 2003 and producers were just starting to come back to the city and then the production credit was passed and cut off that recovery.

There's still a lot of movies made in Toronto where the city is passed off as New York, Chicago, and other US cities, but not like it was 10 years ago.

No, it didn't name anyone stating that they want to pay more taxes who is going to benefit from this.
Can you name some producers in Hollywood?
"This is a significant Federal tax incentive that allows producers of qualifying productions to take an immediate tax deduction for the full or partial costs of a production in the year the cost is incurred (as opposed to having to spread or amortize those costs over a period of years beginning after the film goes to market),"

What part of - spending money and hiring people in disadvantaged areas do you not understand? All of it I guess. The rich in Hollywood aren't benefitting, it's the poor communities getting this influx of cash that are getting the big benefit here. Conservatives can always see what something costs but never the benefits.

I remember how much production Toronto lost when this was passed - a LOT. Movie and TV production in the city had come to a screaching halt during the SARS outbreak in 2003 and producers were just starting to come back to the city and then the production credit was passed and cut off that recovery.

There's still a lot of movies made in Toronto where the city is passed off as New York, Chicago, and other US cities, but not like it was 10 years ago.

But I thought the common liberal dogma was tax cuts don't spur the economy.... I'm confused now :confused:

OH my fucking lord. IS IT GOING TO BREAK BILLIONAIRS HOLLYWOOD PRODUCERS TO PAY THEIR FAIR SHARE?

But I thought the common liberal dogma was tax cuts don't spur the economy.... I'm confused now :confused:

We're talking about Hollywood it's just different with them.

Forum List

Back