Remember when the Hollywood elite said they wanted to pay more taxes?

The link in the OP wasn't proof enough? What are you smoking.

No, it didn't name anyone stating that they want to pay more taxes who is going to benefit from this.
Can you name some producers in Hollywood?
"This is a significant Federal tax incentive that allows producers of qualifying productions to take an immediate tax deduction for the full or partial costs of a production in the year the cost is incurred (as opposed to having to spread or amortize those costs over a period of years beginning after the film goes to market),"

You are the one jumping to conclusions. Don't ask me to do your work for you.

One more time I thought this was about fairness and inequality in taxes. The rich in Hollywood are benefiting from this you're just to god damn stupid to see it.

What part of - spending money and hiring people in disadvantaged areas do you not understand? All of it I guess. The rich in Hollywood aren't benefitting, it's the poor communities getting this influx of cash that are getting the big benefit here. Conservatives can always see what something costs but never the benefits.

I remember how much production Toronto lost when this was passed - a LOT. Movie and TV production in the city had come to a screaching halt during the SARS outbreak in 2003 and producers were just starting to come back to the city and then the production credit was passed and cut off that recovery.

There's still a lot of movies made in Toronto where the city is passed off as New York, Chicago, and other US cities, but not like it was 10 years ago.

But I thought the common liberal dogma was tax cuts don't spur the economy.... I'm confused now :confused:

Sometimes tax cuts do spur the economy, sometimes they don't. Sometimes raising taxes can wreck the economy, sometimes they don't.

So tell us something new, he owes them big time!

He only signs bills into law that have been passed by Congress. Obama does not right the legislation. Go back to school.

Yes, we know. He has no culpability in this because it is bad. Of course, he 'saved' Detroit. That was him because it makes a good talking point. Oh yes, he also cut middle class taxes and raised taxes on the rich. That was him but the pork in this bill is not him. And that healthcare bill, all Obama.

Look, he is the president and as such, he get the credit/blame when it comes down to it. I am not going play this bullshit game where we sing Obama's praises for one accomplishment and then decry failures as 'not his fault' in the next statement.

That does not absolve congresses place in this. Congress has been a giant fuck up for the last decade but that does not absolve Obama's place in this as well.

Funny, you didn't say that when Bush was president. Like Oblamer, you're still blaming Bush for whatever happened during his presidency. Why aren't you consistent in your ideology?

No, it didn't name anyone stating that they want to pay more taxes who is going to benefit from this.
Can you name some producers in Hollywood?
"This is a significant Federal tax incentive that allows producers of qualifying productions to take an immediate tax deduction for the full or partial costs of a production in the year the cost is incurred (as opposed to having to spread or amortize those costs over a period of years beginning after the film goes to market),"

You are the one jumping to conclusions. Don't ask me to do your work for you.

Those who will benefit from this tax brake
IMDb: The ten best directors, writers and producers of Hollywood - a list by aurorazayas
List of film production companies - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I stepped into nothing nor am I trying to get out of anything. It's your fucking hypocrisy that you are trying to get out of. After all wasn't the raising in taxes supposed to be about fairness?

Sure you are.

You've been challenged to name one person in Hollywood who is paying a special, lower income tax rate.........you can't, hence this whole charade.

Dumb ass are you saying that no one of the hollywood elite will not benefit from the tax breaks obama has allowed for certain rich in hollywood?
In this case brother, it's lower paid studio workers who will benefit from these incentives through more work due to higher local production. I've lived in the area, save for 11 years military time, my entire life. I have several relatives and friends who work in the industry. I've seen the effects on them from decreased local area production. These incentives are not a bad thing, and I can't disagree with Obama's inept ass on this one. The problem these studios still face is whether or not the loony liberal idiots at the state and local levels are going to follow suit with further incentives....Seeing as how those morons and their tax and regulate to death policies have caused businesses to flee in droves, it's not looking good for the studios.

Better to keep the jobs here then send 'em up to the fuckin' Canadians.

But, no doubt that a good portion of those incentives will definitely end up lining the pockets on the down low to Obama's elitist buddies.....It's just the way game is played.

Last edited:
.....It's just the way game is played.

Only so long as you and other voters accept the rules of that game.

You see, this is why our country is going downhill. We accept this as 'just how it is' instead of demanding something better. As long as we support the corrupt, we are going to get corruption. Gee, go figure.

Not ALL productions or producers will benefit from the tax break, only those who productions which meet the qualifying criteria, which includes shooting in locations with high unemployment.

Like I said, it would help if you people read the articles before jumping to erroneous conclusions.

You're really a dumb bitch
It says producers and production company's it's not determined by what you hope for.

.....It's just the way game is played.

Only so long as you and other voters accept the rules of that game.

You see, this is why our country is going downhill. We accept this as 'just how it is' instead of demanding something better. As long as we support the corrupt, we are going to get corruption. Gee, go figure.
And where did I state I accept it?

I'm just dealing with the reality that they will get their incentives, film the production, market the production, screen the production, profit from the production, and skim off the top of the profits of said production. Thereby lining their pockets with more skim then they would have without the incentives.

I'm just dealing with the reality that they will get their incentives, film the production, market the production, screen the production, profit from the production, and skim off the top of the profits of said production. Thereby lining their pockets with more skim then they would have without the incentives.

You're not dealing with reality at all. But hey, if you don't want the jobs and the money, my friends and neighbours will be happy to take that production for you.

Toronto City Hall has a production assistance office to help them scout locations, and encourage them to come here. It's cheaper to produce here so the producers will make the same amount as they would if they stayed at home and spent their money there and took the tax credit.

You don't want these jobs, Canada will be happy to take them.

Your president lied too you, he did exactly as I thought he would do. your taxes have gone up because he lied.

Payroll Tax Cut Expiration Is a Bigger Deal Than You Think: Sozzi | Breakout - Yahoo! Finance

lol

The temporary payroll tax cut expired!!!!

OH NOES!!!!

Now how about you get on citing a member of the "hollywood elite" who now have a special lower income tax rate than the rest of us.

Once again defending obama at all cost means you're losing the fight.

Hahahahaha. My reply wasn't about the President. Just trying to make you back up your claim. Come up with one of those Hollywood Elite yet?

I stepped into nothing nor am I trying to get out of anything. It's your fucking hypocrisy that you are trying to get out of. After all wasn't the raising in taxes supposed to be about fairness?

Sure you are.

You've been challenged to name one person in Hollywood who is paying a special, lower income tax rate.........you can't, hence this whole charade.

Dumb ass are you saying that no one of the hollywood elite will not benefit from the tax breaks obama has allowed for certain rich in hollywood?

The studios will benefit from it and so will we. Actors and other workers will get paid more and pay more in taxes (possibly at the new higher rates too).

So tell us something new, he owes them big time!

He only signs bills into law that have been passed by Congress. Obama does not write the legislation. Go back to school.

Although the OP's point is a little misguided, the President does have veto power. I assume Obama knows how to use it for bills he disagrees with.

I thought all this tax talk was about fairness? How is it being fair when you have rich producers getting tax breaks?

Sure you are.

The studios will benefit from it and so will we. Actors and other workers will get paid more and pay more in taxes (possibly at the new higher rates too).

Actors that make billion need to be paid more?
Here's a clue if those producers need help with financing movie productions why don't they reduce the money paid to those over priced actors?

Here's a clue if those producers need help with financing movie productions why don't they reduce the money paid to those over priced actors?

You're opposed to actors working and making as much money as they can and paying higher tax rates?

Furthermore as pointed out by other posters, certain US communities stand to benefit as well.

You're opposed to actors working and making as much money as they can and paying higher tax rates?

Furthermore as pointed out by other posters, certain US communities stand to benefit as well.
And was also pointed out so people with more money are a benefit to the economy even though rich 1%?
I thought all this tax talk was about fairness?
I guess fairness stops with those rich hollywood elite.

And was also pointed out so people with more money are a benefit to the economy even though rich 1%?

I'll try to post this in words of one syllable so even you can understand.

Tax cuts given to wealthy individuals do not produce jobs.

Some tax cuts given to businesses to help certain sectors of the economy do produce jobs, or make it easier to employers to take on new employees. Since it's cheaper to make movies in Canada, this tax break was given to keep jobs in the US.

I would think that YOU would be happy to keep the money in the US, but no, you're complaining about a tax cut given to a business sector so they won't outsource US jobs.

I really that conservatives are really challenged when it comes to economic matters, but you unwillingness to do ANYTHING to keep jobs in the US is why people in China are taking over US manufacturing.

I'm willing to give tax cuts to keep jobs from going offshore. Why aren't you?

Last edited:

I'll try to post this in words of once syllable so even you can understand.

Tax cuts given to wealthy individuals do not produce jobs.

Some tax cuts given to businesses to help certain sectors of the economy do produce jobs, or make it easier to employers to take on new employees. Since it's cheaper to make movies in Canada, this tax break was given to keep jobs in the US.

I would think that YOU would be happy to keep the money in the US, but no, you're complaining about a tax cut given to a business sector so they won't outsource US jobs.

I really that conservatives are really challenged when it comes to economic matters, but you unwillingness to do ANYTHING to keep jobs in the US is why people in China are taking over US manufacturing.

I'm willing to give tax cuts to keep jobs from going offshore. Why aren't you?

so we should continue to subsidize oil companies too because they produce jobs in the US.. I am happy that you see the light. Thank You.

See this is what I don't get? If the rich already hide their money from income tax, an accusation made by Obama many times, how is raising their taxes going to bring in more revenue?

Per usual the middle class is getting screwed, which obama promised would not happen.

You liberals are such mind numb morons, you are talking out both sides of your ass.

Forum List

Back