Remember when Obama promised he would not raise taxes on the middle class

Since Obama's been president, you've paid less in payroll taxes than you would have if nothing had been done.

That would be a tax cut. A 2 year tax cut.

Do you pay payroll taxes? Because that is what the OP link is pouring the piss about.

And payroll taxes are not going to be any higher than they were before Obama took office.

Will taxes be higher or lower this coming year than last year? If higher, it's a tax increase. If lower, it's a cut.
So simple even you have to understand that.
The payroll tax cut was a worthless gimmick of Obama's anyway. All it did was add to the deficit. No growth came from it.

What was the payroll tax rate when Obama made his promise?

Go ahead. Blow the dust out of that skull of yours. It will come to you.

Are taxes higher now than they were? Should be easy, even for you.

So tell me something.

Back when Obama cut the payroll tax, were you all kissy kissy about Obama? Were you all talking about how wonderful it was that he was saving 77 percent of Americans a lot of money?

Was the "fair and balanced" news outlet hyping the shit out of Obama's kindess?

Didn't think so.

My guess is that you all blew it off as insignificant. No big deal.

I bet a search of the archives would prove most amusing.

You have paid less payroll taxes than you otherwise would have. You have paid less taxes thanks to Obama. It is utterly fascinating you are spinning that as a tax hike.

When all is said and done, 77 percent of Americans you will have paid less payroll taxes under Obama.

I bet that just kills you to admit to yourselves.

Last edited:

So tell me something.

Back when Obama cut the payroll tax, were you all kissy kissy about Obama? Were you all talking about how wonderful it was that he was saving 77 percent of Americans a lot of money?

Didn't think so.

You have paid less payroll taxes than you otherwise would have. You have paid less taxes thanks to Obama. It is utterly fascinating you are spinning that as a tax hike.

When all is said and done, 77 percent of Americans you will have paid less payroll taxes under Obama.

Well said!

So tell me something.

Didn't think so.

When Obama "cut" the payroll tax - First HE cut nothing. Congress did. Second, it had little to no effect at the time. Why? The economy was going downhill faster than a leuge at the Olympics. It most certainly helped a "little" at the time, but (obviously) Wasnt a big determining factor in bringing the economy back from the brink.

So, that being stated, why do away with it now? Are we now in such a great position that we can add (on average) $2,000 to every working man and woman's taxes each year? I'm on retirement and social security. My taxes are going up $2,400 - and for what? So we can add yet another 4 TRILLION to the bill for my GrandKids??

All I can say about this is this: If this additional revenue was going to help our budgetary problems, I could live with it. I have no problem whatsoever doing my part. I have been doing it for over 50 years. However, to merely use this revenue as a means of enslaving more Americans to the "public teat", then NO, I am not happy about it.

See, Skippy, your side is always about "look what Obama has done FOR us". And my side says "look what Obama has done TO us" You lefties have held the dirty end of the crap stick for so long that you have forgotten that there IS a thing called "right and wrong". Problem is - you guys just can't recognize the difference any longer.......

Last edited:

Forum List

Back