Remember when Obama promised he would not raise taxes on the middle class

I remember when he promised:

He would cut $100M spending from his cabinet
That Obamacare wouldn't add one dime to the deficit
That if you liked your doctor or health care plan you could keep it
That he was focused on jobs
That his stimulus would keep unemployment under 7%
That he would sit down and talk to the Iranians
That he was restart relations with the Russians.
etc etc.

He is the most failed, lying president in history and gets a pass from the libtards every time.
http://www.politifact.com/personalities/barack-obama/

To summarize, Obama's words have been True or Mostly True 45% of the time; Half True 27% of the time; and Mostly False, False, and Pants on Fire 28% of the time. I cannot find similar records for past presidents, but I don't think you can say Obama is the "most failed, lying president in history" when he lies 28% of the time. (And for the record, I don't give him a "pass" on that. He should always tell the truth!)

As for failed, how do you define a failure as a president? The economy is steadily improving, relations with other nations has improved, and we've ended one war and are ending a second. Sounds much better than his predecessor's presidency.

richcuts.jpg

The rest of the tax increases in the fiscal cliff deal are higher taxes on the upper class, not the middle class.

The "tax increase" on the middle class is simply an expiration of the payroll tax cut they have been enjoying which Obama gave them.

There is a 4.6 percent tax hike for income above $400k. That's not even the top two percent. That's the top one percent.

Those same one percenters also pay 5% more on their capital gains.

The top two percent also pay an additional 3.8 percent in taxes starting this year. But that is part of the ObamaCare legislation, not part of this new tax law.

The middle class sees no income tax hike, and everyone's 2 percent payroll tax cut which Obama gave them is expiring, and it is not going any higher than it was before the temporary cut.

There is a 4.6 percent tax hike for income above $400k. That's not even the top two percent. That's the top one percent.

The top two percent also pay an additional 3.8 percent in taxes starting this year. But that is part of the ObamaCare legislation, not part of this new tax law.

The middle class sees no income tax hike, and everyone's 2 percent payroll tax cut which Obama gave them is expiring, and it is not going any higher than it was before the temporary cut.

The cut off for the top 1% may be $400Kish, but the average is much higher due to lumping in billionaires and real millionaires with the affluent middle class.

Somebody making $400K has a lifestyle far different than Warren Buffet.

The cut off for the top 1% may be $400Kish, but the average is much higher due to lumping in billionaires and real millionaires with the affluent middle class.

Somebody making $400K has a lifestyle far different than Warren Buffet.

Actually, Warren Buffet lives a pretty humble lifestyle. He's lived in the same five bedroom house for over 50 years. :)

But your point is taken.

Also, I am not in agreement with raising taxes on the rich. It will solve absolutely nothing, but its great theater for the rubes.

Obama gave you a payroll tax CUT. For two years.

Now that cut is expiring.

Not for me he didn't.

Do you pay payroll taxes? Because that is what the OP link is pouring the piss about.

And payroll taxes are not going to be any higher than they were before Obama took office.

Will taxes be higher or lower this coming year than last year? If higher, it's a tax increase. If lower, it's a cut.
So simple even you have to understand that.
The payroll tax cut was a worthless gimmick of Obama's anyway. All it did was add to the deficit. No growth came from it.

Not for me he didn't.

Do you pay payroll taxes? Because that is what the OP link is pouring the piss about.

And payroll taxes are not going to be any higher than they were before Obama took office.

Will taxes be higher or lower this coming year than last year? If higher, it's a tax increase. If lower, it's a cut.
The payroll tax cut was a worthless gimmick of Obama's anyway. All it did was add to the deficit. No growth came from it.

All the payroll tax cut did was partially cover the food and energy inflation driven by Obama's misguided energy, environmental, and monetary policies.

It boggles my mind that you have enough of a brain to breathe.

Quite honestly, it boggles my mind that you would make such an ill-informed, stupid reply.

My taxes are going up $2,400 after his holiness said they wouldn't. If you are employed, YOUR taxes are going up.

Now, I promise you that my brain is quite sufficiently oxygenated to recognize that the taxes on "anyone making less than $250,000" are being raised.

Are you not intelligent enough to understand that the "great and powerful Oz" has lied directly to your face?

Let us all hope that perhaps it is YOU who should seriously question your need to procreate.

Well, he didn't . . . if you define "taxes" as simply being income taxes, and that's apparenty what Republicans believe. Because Republicans seem to think that payroll taxes, property taxes, sales taxes, excise taxes, etc., etc. don't count when they say ""47%" pay NOTHING AT ALL.

Hell, all Americans pay a shitload of taxes. And the poorest pay the most as a percentage of their incomes, when you consider ALL taxes.

Asshats.

If you are referring to Romney's 47% comment he stated that 47% don't pay income tax and that is an accurate statement. 47% of Americans pay no income tax and receive some kind of government assistance. And he was correct in stating that they are not going to vote for him.

Remember sheeple, it's only a tax increase if Republicans do it.

Otherwise it is : the "expiration" of stimulative tax cuts targeted at the vital lifeblood of our free and democratic society, the "middle class"...

Wasn't that some flowery semantic masturbation?? :lol:

Bottom line? Every working person in America had their taxes increased by 2% on the first 113K of income- at a minimum.

$ Trillions in other ill conceived taxes are all set to kick in over the coming months and years. I am worried that all of these new "revenue enhancements" will slow an already tepid economy. I do not see any "boom" that will allow the US to "grow" out of it's debt....

Let's face it folks - we're screwed because we've elected spineless idiots ......

Not for me he didn't.

What was the payroll tax rate when Obama made his promise?

Go ahead. Blow the dust out of that skull of yours. It will come to you.

Forum List

Back