Remember when GE paid no taxes under their messiah?

do ya have a link???

I would like a more detailed explanation of that cause the first time I heard this back in the 90's and then it said they havent paid in a long time,,
/—-/ Why? You would just dismiss it, wait a day or two and come back with the same rant, GE paid no corporate tax. At least that has been the pattern of the libtards since 1998.

so you have no proof,,,

got it

FYI,,I am happy they didnt give you fucking dems or repubes any money and got to keep it,,,

its a good day,,
/—-/ Here is a breakdown on taxes paid by corporations Bloomberg - Are you a robot?
thats common knowledge,,andy was specifically talking about GE so its their breakdown I'd like to see,,,

doesnt matter as long as dems and repubes dont get the money and the people that earned it get to keep it

Yeah, I agree. I'd like to eliminate the income tax all together. Reduce the size of government to fit their income, not expand government, and then try and expand taxes to fit the expenses.

I just hate that the left-wing continuously makes up myths, and no one fact checks these bastards.

so far its not a myth and you refuse to provide the proof it is as per your earlier comment,,,

/—-/ Why? You would just dismiss it, wait a day or two and come back with the same rant, GE paid no corporate tax. At least that has been the pattern of the libtards since 1998.

so you have no proof,,,

got it

FYI,,I am happy they didnt give you fucking dems or repubes any money and got to keep it,,,

its a good day,,
/—-/ Here is a breakdown on taxes paid by corporations Bloomberg - Are you a robot?
thats common knowledge,,andy was specifically talking about GE so its their breakdown I'd like to see,,,

doesnt matter as long as dems and repubes dont get the money and the people that earned it get to keep it

Yeah, I agree. I'd like to eliminate the income tax all together. Reduce the size of government to fit their income, not expand government, and then try and expand taxes to fit the expenses.

I just hate that the left-wing continuously makes up myths, and no one fact checks these bastards.

so far its not a myth and you refuse to provide the proof it is as per your earlier comment,,,

Wait what?
I just posted you the SEC financial documents of the company, saying they paid 30% in taxes last year.
What more than that are you looking for?

so you have no proof,,,

got it

its a good day,,

Wait what?
I just posted you the SEC financial documents of the company, saying they paid 30% in taxes last year.

from what I see the article has nothing specific about what GE paid,, in fact I dont even see them mentioned,,

Wait what?

from what I see the article has nothing specific about what GE paid,, in fact I dont even see them mentioned,,

Whoa ok... You must have missed my post #215. I didn't post an article, although it does say they paid taxes in that article. But, what I posted was GE's actual SEC filings from their investor relations page.
Here's the text again....

However if you really want to get the information straight from the actual source.....

https://www.ge.com/investor-relations/sites/default/files/ge_webcast_10Q_07312019.pdf

Just go to the GE investor relations page. This is what drives me crazy about all these Left-wingers spewing out myths. These are publicly traded companies. You can look up their SEC reports. They have to file them, and if they were false, the SEC would destroy their companies.

There's another nut job on here that keeps saying Walmart pays no tax. I'm a Walmart shareholder. I can read their investor relations reports, and see that they do, and post here that they do. But it doesn't stop these nut jobs from pretending we can't look it up and see they pay tax.

Go to page 60 of the full SEC report.

Our consolidated effective income tax rate was 7.4% and 30.0% during the six months ended June 30, 2019 and 2018, respectively. The rate for 2019 is lower than the U.S. statutory rate primarily due to favorable audit resolutions and U.S. business credits, partially offset by the cost of global activities, including the recently enacted base erosion and global intangible low tax income provisions and from a largely non-deductible goodwill impairment charge associated with our Grid Solutions equipment and services business within our Renewable Energy segment.​

One thing I love about this, is that GE openly says they are using the renewable energy tax subsidies to offset their income taxes. What a shock. So these left-wingers screaming about the Green New Deal, and then screaming about companies paying no taxes... and its these companies using their own stupid green energy programs, to avoid paying taxes.

Anyway... regardless of that irony.... the effective tax rate that GE paid in 2018 was 30%. And the effective tax rate in the first 6 months of 2019 was 7.4%.

Either way, it was not, and nor ever has been.... zero. I promise you. No company in the US that posts a dollar of profit, is avoiding paying the tax man. In 20 years of looking, I know of no possible way that you can post a profit, and not pay tax. Every profitable company pays some amount of tax. You can minimize it, but there is no magic deduction the reduces your tax to zero.

Wait what?

Whoa ok... You must have missed my post #215. I didn't post an article, although it does say they paid taxes in that article. But, what I posted was GE's actual SEC filings from their investor relations page.

However if you really want to get the information straight from the actual source.....

https://www.ge.com/investor-relations/sites/default/files/ge_webcast_10Q_07312019.pdf

Just go to the GE investor relations page. This is what drives me crazy about all these Left-wingers spewing out myths. These are publicly traded companies. You can look up their SEC reports. They have to file them, and if they were false, the SEC would destroy their companies.

There's another nut job on here that keeps saying Walmart pays no tax. I'm a Walmart shareholder. I can read their investor relations reports, and see that they do, and post here that they do. But it doesn't stop these nut jobs from pretending we can't look it up and see they pay tax.

Our consolidated effective income tax rate was 7.4% and 30.0% during the six months ended June 30, 2019 and 2018, respectively. The rate for 2019 is lower than the U.S. statutory rate primarily due to favorable audit resolutions and U.S. business credits, partially offset by the cost of global activities, including the recently enacted base erosion and global intangible low tax income provisions and from a largely non-deductible goodwill impairment charge associated with our Grid Solutions equipment and services business within our Renewable Energy segment.​

One thing I love about this, is that GE openly says they are using the renewable energy tax subsidies to offset their income taxes. What a shock. So these left-wingers screaming about the Green New Deal, and then screaming about companies paying no taxes... and its these companies using their own stupid green energy programs, to avoid paying taxes.

Anyway... regardless of that irony.... the effective tax rate that GE paid in 2018 was 30%. And the effective tax rate in the first 6 months of 2019 was 7.4%.

Either way, it was not, and nor ever has been.... zero. I promise you. No company in the US that posts a dollar of profit, is avoiding paying the tax man. In 20 years of looking, I know of no possible way that you can post a profit, and not pay tax. Every profitable company pays some amount of tax. You can minimize it, but there is no magic deduction the reduces your tax to zero.

From your own post.

Our consolidated effective income tax rate was 7.4% and 30.0% during the six months ended June 30, 2019 and 2018, respectively. The rate for 2019 is lower than the U.S. statutory rate primarily due to favorable audit resolutions and U.S. business credits, partially offset by the cost of global activities, including the recently enacted base erosion and global intangible low tax income provisions and from a largely non-deductible goodwill impairment charge associated with our Grid Solutions equipment and services business within our Renewable Energy segment.

That's double talk for "We've used every loophole we can find to pay less than we should pay". And I learned a long time ago not to take anything Walmart says at face value to anyone including stock owners. I just got back from Walmart a few minutes ago. AT 3am, it's the only store open selling Prilosec. I noticed the lack of night stockers. I talked to one of the old hands and asked him about it. He said they hire but the people don't stick around. Reason? They will work you into the ground because of shortage of people. There are easier jobs that pay just as much and have more favorable working hours. There is a whole long list of reasons they don't stick around and being lazy isn't one of them. I know them all but the list is too long to go into at this time. And I happen to be a Stock Owner as well but you and I don't own enough to have any say in anything. Walmart isn't there to even bother looking after the well being of a worker. They are there for the large stock owners. And everything they do is to make them money. Just because you and I make a few pennies on the dollar as well doesn't really mean a whole lot. AFter spending a whole bunch of years working for Walmart, I know it from both sides of the fence and I know that they lie out their asses and cheat the workers at every step of the way.

Wait what?

/—-/ Give the libtards a day or two and they will be back like a broken record: “GE and Wal-Mart paid zero taxes.”

Or strike. Or organize. Or boycott.
EASIER and more honest to just quit and go elsewhere,,

Not really. Those people are going to find similar wages wherever they go. If Walmart employees organize and start making $25 hr then every blue collar person will want to work there. What does that sound like? It sounds like Ford and GM and Chrysler before they left the country.

Yes, they left the country to go take advantage of Mexican wages. We should have never let them go. We should have tariff'ed them when they tried to import those cars back into the country.

And I don't remember a significant price drop on cars when they started making them in Mexico.

I think you spend to much time sticking your nose in other peoples business,,,

you should find a hobby or explore masturbation

Hey, fuck them. I make $90-$110 a year and have no bills. I have a college degree. I have no debt. Home is paid off. Seriously, I just hate Republicans with a passion. They are pure evil. But if the poor people don't show up to vote, don't organize into unions, I guess I'm ok with them getting F'd in the A.

It used to matter more to me when I only made $65K and still had a mortgage. Now I really don't give a fuck. I'm just curious is America truly fucked up enough to make Trump a 2 term president? Even when he's causing a recession? Wow! I guess you guys held Obama to a much higher standard than you do your messiah.

And this economy looks a lot like the Bush economy in the 2000's. Great if you are rich. They swore for 7 years his economy was great even though we knew manufacturing was leaving the country and what that would eventually cause. Dot com bubble my ass.

Who you gonna blame Trump's recession on? Pelosi?

I make a lot more than $110 a day. I hope you get out of fastfood soon.
I make $350 every day of the year

Why? I didn't say the janitor should make as much as the executive. I just said the workers should get their fair share.

Try running a Walmart without employees.

Why did you spin off and say something stupid like you just said?

they get a fair share in their paycheck,,,

and you are ignoring the fact the employees dont take on any risks if the company fails,,,

they should quit if they are not happy and let others have a chance,,,

Doesn't seem like a fair share. Only a pro rich conservative who is anti labor would say $15 hr is fair and then turn around and say the CEO making $30 million dollars a year is also fair. This is why Americans organized back in the day. To me fair would have been if their pay went up with this graph

Walmart's net sales worldwide from 2006 to 2019 (in billion U.S. dollars)
Fiscal yearBillion U.S. dollars

View attachment 275644
/----/ Doesn't seem fair that the Obozo's just dropped $15 million on a house in Martha's Vinyard while the average dem voter easts cat food and lives in a tent.
th

Let me ask you a serious question.

In 2015, the six Waltons on the Forbes 400 list were worth $136.1 billion, making them the richest family in the United States. They have more wealth than 43% of American families combined. Their net worth is nearly equal to the combined wealth of Bill Gates and Warren Buffett.

How far down your throat can you take a Walton dick?

It seems like you are the one obsessed with the Walton's dicks.

BTW, is your girlfriend still fucking stupid or did you and her break up?
I’m still seeing her. I’m going to Florida August 31 till September 4 and she gonna watch my dog.

Last time I f’d her was Monday and I’m sure I’ll make sweet love to her once before I go and once when I get back.

This weekend my Greek buddies and I went to a Greek festival and they were introducing me to divorced or never been married women my age. No thank you. Unless their rich. If they are rich that might make a 6 into a 8.

But my girls body is near perfect. Sure she’s not 25 like when I met her. Her thighs are getting a bit ticker and flabbier but that happens to women. She’s 27 now.

The difference is I want to put every inch of my girl in my mouth. Her feet are perfect. These women my age, I wouldn’t put their feet in my mouth. Eww.

And these fat old Greek single bitches are rude. I showed my good looking buddy the girl who shot me down and he went up and introduced himself and confirmed she’s a b

Wait what?

From your own post.

Our consolidated effective income tax rate was 7.4% and 30.0% during the six months ended June 30, 2019 and 2018, respectively. The rate for 2019 is lower than the U.S. statutory rate primarily due to favorable audit resolutions and U.S. business credits, partially offset by the cost of global activities, including the recently enacted base erosion and global intangible low tax income provisions and from a largely non-deductible goodwill impairment charge associated with our Grid Solutions equipment and services business within our Renewable Energy segment.

That's double talk for "We've used every loophole we can find to pay less than we should pay". And I learned a long time ago not to take anything Walmart says at face value to anyone including stock owners. I just got back from Walmart a few minutes ago. AT 3am, it's the only store open selling Prilosec. I noticed the lack of night stockers. I talked to one of the old hands and asked him about it. He said they hire but the people don't stick around. Reason? They will work you into the ground because of shortage of people. There are easier jobs that pay just as much and have more favorable working hours. There is a whole long list of reasons they don't stick around and being lazy isn't one of them. I know them all but the list is too long to go into at this time. And I happen to be a Stock Owner as well but you and I don't own enough to have any say in anything. Walmart isn't there to even bother looking after the well being of a worker. They are there for the large stock owners. And everything they do is to make them money. Just because you and I make a few pennies on the dollar as well doesn't really mean a whole lot. AFter spending a whole bunch of years working for Walmart, I know it from both sides of the fence and I know that they lie out their asses and cheat the workers at every step of the way.

Couple of things there.

First, the quote above, is about GE. If you look at the link I gave you, that quote I posted is from the GE website.

Second, I have no doubt that some or most of what you said about Walmart is true.

What I think you need to consider is that not all Walmarts stores operate exactly the same way. It is entirely possible to have two locations operate very differently from each other.

My own company had this problem. They have a facility in the north, and the facility in the city. The North location has people who have worked there for 5 to 10 years. Because the management was really good, and people liked working there.

However the location in the city, the company hired a tyrant bastard, who treated people like crap. Few example: At the North location you had flexible work time. At the city location, the manager wanted everyone to march in, right at the exact minute and clock in, and clock out, exactly on the minute you were expected to. Clocking in early, or out late, or in late, or out early, everything would get you a written warning. And by 'late' I mean 8:01 was considered late, and you would get a warning.

Not only did he want to run the place, like a military boot camp, but he also had insane rules. He removed all the chairs from the office cubicles (where inventory control people worked), and I actually saw women on their knees, at their desks, to do their work. And I could go on about the rules against laughing... don't make jokes (he wanted people to work like robots, without talking with each other)... trying to time people in the bathrooms. You didn't have sick time. He would tell people that were practically unable to work with a flu, or a cold, that they could not use sick time until they had worked there 6 months.... which was most of the staff because of the high turn over rate.

The crazy that happened under this guy was insane. However, none of this was a problem for the north location. The managers were all cool, and they would even help you find another job if you wanted to leave. Had a manager contact another company, and personally give a recommendation for an employee that was moving too far away to work there anymore. I actually came into work a tad bit under the weather, and my manager got mad at me, and told me to go home and get well.

My point is that the situation at one store, does not mean that it is the same at another store, or all stores. The difference between the city location and the north location was barely 10 miles, and yet black and white in how they operated.

So I can entirely believe that the Walmart you visited was operated terribly, while still believing that not all Walmart locations are operated that way. As I have said in another post, I knew a girl that worked at Walmart, and she loved it. It was one of the highest paid low-skill jobs in her area, she made a ton of money off the Walmart Employee Stock purchase program, and she got tuition reimbursement, which allowed her to go to school for civil engineering, and got her degree.

The nice thing about the free-market system, is that businesses that operate badly, tend to suffer until they are changed. As you yourself said, they were constantly short handed, which means they were likely starting to raise their wages to attract workers. This is what happened at our city location. Because the turn over was so high, from this abusive manager, they were offering $2 or $3 more per hour to work there, than at the north location. Eventually management started seeing the massive difference in wages from one location to the other, and started investigating. When they found out how badly employees were treated, causing the non-stop turn over... they fired the manager. Things are better today, than they were before.

At some point, a free-market system will correct itself. Or, the wages offered by that Walmart will get so high, that people keep working there. Either the conditions will improve, or the wages will go up, but at some point, the situation will get better, or the store will close from non-stop bad service.

Walmart isn't there to even bother looking after the well being of a worker.

No company is. Not a single company of any size, exists specifically for the well being of their workers, and nor should it.

Look, let's say that I start mowing lawns. I buy a mower, and start mowing people's yards for money. Assuming I work hard, and do a good job, eventually I'll have more people requesting to have their yards mowed, than I as a single person, can do.

I will then look for an employee, to help me mow the yards. Am I hiring that employee to "Look after their well being"? No. Why would I do that? There is only one single reason I hire anyone to do anything. There is work to do.... and I willing to pay someone to do it.

When you go to the garage to have that mechanic change the oil in your car, are you there because you care about their well being? No, you are there because you need some work done, and you are willing to pay someone to do it.

Why would you expect companies to operate in a way, that you personally do not operate?

That's double talk for "We've used every loophole we can find to pay less than we should pay".

Same thing as above. Of course they use every legal method to reduce their tax burden. Of course. You know who else does that? You, me, everyone.

If they instituted a law, that you could deduct the cost of internet service, if you are engaging in public discussions of policy on a forum......... would you take it? Yes. You would. I would. We all would. Any deduction you can take, to reduce your taxes, I know... you take it. Because we all would take it.

Again..... why would you expect companies to operate in a way, that you personally do not operate?

GE is operating the same way that any other person would operate. All companies try and minimize their taxes, just like all of us minimize our taxes.

I remember when Obama made Jeff immelt, head of GE at the time his Jobs Czar.

LOL.

The head of one of the largest job exporters on the planet was our jobs czar.

You cannot make this shit up. People forget how utterly clueless that guy was when he took office. I don't. I remember seeing that and laughing until my balls literally detached from my body and rolled under my desk...

Jeff Immelt - Jobs Czar. What a fucking retard. Lol.

EASIER and more honest to just quit and go elsewhere,,

Not really. Those people are going to find similar wages wherever they go. If Walmart employees organize and start making $25 hr then every blue collar person will want to work there. What does that sound like? It sounds like Ford and GM and Chrysler before they left the country.

Yes, they left the country to go take advantage of Mexican wages. We should have never let them go. We should have tariff'ed them when they tried to import those cars back into the country.

And I don't remember a significant price drop on cars when they started making them in Mexico.

I think you spend to much time sticking your nose in other peoples business,,,

you should find a hobby or explore masturbation

Hey, fuck them. I make $90-$110 a year and have no bills. I have a college degree. I have no debt. Home is paid off. Seriously, I just hate Republicans with a passion. They are pure evil. But if the poor people don't show up to vote, don't organize into unions, I guess I'm ok with them getting F'd in the A.

It used to matter more to me when I only made $65K and still had a mortgage. Now I really don't give a fuck. I'm just curious is America truly fucked up enough to make Trump a 2 term president? Even when he's causing a recession? Wow! I guess you guys held Obama to a much higher standard than you do your messiah.

And this economy looks a lot like the Bush economy in the 2000's. Great if you are rich. They swore for 7 years his economy was great even though we knew manufacturing was leaving the country and what that would eventually cause. Dot com bubble my ass.

Who you gonna blame Trump's recession on? Pelosi?

I make a lot more than $110 a day. I hope you get out of fastfood soon.
I make $350 every day of the year

And?

they get a fair share in their paycheck,,,

and you are ignoring the fact the employees dont take on any risks if the company fails,,,

they should quit if they are not happy and let others have a chance,,,

Doesn't seem like a fair share. Only a pro rich conservative who is anti labor would say $15 hr is fair and then turn around and say the CEO making $30 million dollars a year is also fair. This is why Americans organized back in the day. To me fair would have been if their pay went up with this graph

Walmart's net sales worldwide from 2006 to 2019 (in billion U.S. dollars)
Fiscal yearBillion U.S. dollars

View attachment 275644
/----/ Doesn't seem fair that the Obozo's just dropped $15 million on a house in Martha's Vinyard while the average dem voter easts cat food and lives in a tent.
th

Let me ask you a serious question.

In 2015, the six Waltons on the Forbes 400 list were worth $136.1 billion, making them the richest family in the United States. They have more wealth than 43% of American families combined. Their net worth is nearly equal to the combined wealth of Bill Gates and Warren Buffett.

How far down your throat can you take a Walton dick?

It seems like you are the one obsessed with the Walton's dicks.

BTW, is your girlfriend still fucking stupid or did you and her break up?
I’m still seeing her. I’m going to Florida August 31 till September 4 and she gonna watch my dog.

Last time I f’d her was Monday and I’m sure I’ll make sweet love to her once before I go and once when I get back.

This weekend my Greek buddies and I went to a Greek festival and they were introducing me to divorced or never been married women my age. No thank you. Unless their rich. If they are rich that might make a 6 into a 8.

But my girls body is near perfect. Sure she’s not 25 like when I met her. Her thighs are getting a bit ticker and flabbier but that happens to women. She’s 27 now.

The difference is I want to put every inch of my girl in my mouth. Her feet are perfect. These women my age, I wouldn’t put their feet in my mouth. Eww.

And these fat old Greek single bitches are rude. I showed my good looking buddy the girl who shot me down and he went up and introduced himself and confirmed she’s a b

So she is still fucking stupid. A simple yes or no would have worked. Didn’t read past your first sentence.

Amazon made over $11 billion in profit. And that’s what’s left over after all the bills are paid. And they paid zero in federal taxes. Republicans call that a great deal.

Lol! Amazon is a liberal company, why didn’t they just donate the money to the IRS?

Please define "liberal company."

They are the opposite of a conservative company, please try to keep up.

So you're writing that the location of a company defines liberal vs. conservative?

Are you?

Answering a question with a question defines ignorance.

Thanks for clearing up the fact that investors are a higher objective than employees or customers.

EXCEPT: The CEOs of nearly 200 companies just said shareholder value is no longer their main objective :bsflag:

DID YOU KNOW THAT WITHOUT INVESTORS THERE WOULDNT BE ANY EMPLOYEES OR CUSTOMERS???

MAYBE ITS they that should be more great full...

Then why does the largest retailer in the world, Walmart, want to go private?
what did they say the reason was, cause I havent heard,,,

if it were my company then why wouldnt I want to have control of it???

its mine after all

Mo' $$$$$$$

The caveat is to go private they have to payback their subsidies, which is the reason I've never had investors and never taken subsidies.

well money is the driving force in most business's,,

as for me all subsidies should end and as for investors,,,well most big business wouldnt exist without them and we would be worse off if they didnt exist,

of course the strongest companies are those that grew under their own supply and demand and learned to flex as it changed,,,

well money is the driving force in most business's

Money is the consequence of success.

as for me all subsidies should end and as for investors,,,well most big business wouldnt exist without them and we would be worse off if they didnt exist,

Subsidies are the ROI for investors.

of course the strongest companies are those that grew under their own supply and demand and learned to flex as it changed

The strongest companies grew do to a business plan of cheating and deceit.

Amazon made over $11 billion in profit. And that’s what’s left over after all the bills are paid. And they paid zero in federal taxes. Republicans call that a great deal.

Lol! Amazon is a liberal company, why didn’t they just donate the money to the IRS?

So you're writing that the location of a company defines liberal vs. conservative?
a company cant be liberal or conservative,,,its just a business that sells a product,,,
and if one were, its a company we can do without,,,serves no purpose other than to take money

What?

GE hasnt been paying taxs for decades,,,

and I say good for them,,,

its time to starve the beast,,,

Um... No. GE pays tons of taxes. Tons. It was a complete and total fabrication by the New York times. It's true that out of every company in the US, GE is well known for working harder than almost any other company at reducing it's tax bill by every conceivable method legal in the tax code.....

But the idea they have not paid taxes.... total fabrication. The left-wing made it all up.

What taxes did GE pay?

a company cant be liberal or conservative,,,its just a business that sells a product,,,
and if one were, its a company we can do without,,,serves no purpose other than to take money

Agreed. A company does not operating based on left or right wing ideology. It operates based on money.

That's how a left-wing store manager can go out campaigning for the homeless, and then turn right around and say the homeless can't loiter at his stores, because it harms sales.

At the end of the day, ever business, is a capitalist business..... unless with the small exception of a business built on government. USPS, or Fannie Mea, Freddie Mac. You can afford to follow a left-wing ideology, such as sub-prime loans... when tax payers are footing the bill.

Agreed. A company does not operating based on left or right wing ideology.

You should tell that to folks that think Microsoft is a liberal company. The of course you have businesses that market using left and right ideologies.

It operates based on money.

It operates to be successful which the consequence is mo' money.

At the end of the day, ever business, is a capitalist business..... unless with the small exception of a business built on government. USPS, or Fannie Mea, Freddie Mac. You can afford to follow a left-wing ideology, such as sub-prime loans... when tax payers are footing the bill.

ALL business is built with the help of the government.

Are you?

You are twisting my words and is blatant dishonesty. My issue with you is I don’t respect you.

Are you?

You are twisting my words and is blatant dishonesty. My issue with you is I don’t respect you.

Let me guess. Anyone that disagrees with you you don't respect. Well, cupcake, you just lost all respect over here. You get what you give others. If it's contempt like I have seen come from you then you get contempt.

Forum List

Back