Remember when GE paid no taxes under their messiah?

True but Walmart did not pass on their savings they got
they passed it on to the stock holders where they should,,,

Thanks for clearing up the fact that investors are a higher objective than employees or customers.

EXCEPT: The CEOs of nearly 200 companies just said shareholder value is no longer their main objective :bsflag:

DID YOU KNOW THAT WITHOUT INVESTORS THERE WOULDNT BE ANY EMPLOYEES OR CUSTOMERS???

MAYBE ITS they that should be more great full...

Then why does the largest retailer in the world, Walmart, want to go private?
what did they say the reason was, cause I havent heard,,,

if it were my company then why wouldnt I want to have control of it???

its mine after all

Mo' $$$$$$$

The caveat is to go private they have to payback their subsidies, which is the reason I've never had investors and never taken subsidies.

Now, they will feign outrage about any company getting tax relief, which always leads to business expansion and hiring.

When the left credit their black messiah did good things for the economy, do they know he did things like this?

I personally did not mind that. Leads to hiring.

The left now all of a sudden go to their bullshit claims.

Such fucking ignorant losers.

Amazon made over $11 billion in profit. And that’s what’s left over after all the bills are paid. And they paid zero in federal taxes. Republicans call that a great deal.

Lol! Amazon is a liberal company, why didn’t they just donate the money to the IRS?

Please define "liberal company."

They are the opposite of a conservative company, please try to keep up.

/----/ Here is how you get poor to pay indirect income tax. Stick em every time they gas up to get to work or the grocery store.
New York, Farmingdale: $2.61 price per gallon CASH
Cost of gas without tax $2.14
State gasoline tax: 25.85 cents per gallon.
Federal gasoline tax:
18.4 cents per gallon.
Combined federal and state gas tax: 44.25 cents per gallon.

New York City: $2.91 per gallon
NYC gasoline tax: 30 cents
Federal gasoline tax: 18.4 cents per gallon.
Combined federal and state gas tax: 74.25 cents per gallon.

BUT HAVE NO FEAR: wait a week or so and another Libtard will demand we raise Corporate Taxes. It never fails. BUT BUT BUT GE PAID NO TAXES.
using that money to upgrade public transportation would be more cost effective.

Except with rideshare decreasing ridership, it wouldn't be a good investment. Besides, I don't think CELLBOCK rides the bus, so as you know, it's all about him.

Uber and Lyft are having a terrible effect on public transportation, new research shows

Governor won't sign off on bonds for Las Vegas Monorail
/—-/ Actually I take the bus and subway into Manhattan from Nassau County where I live, but when I go with my wife we either take the LIRR or drive.

Why is that different with the wife?
/——/ She gets motion sickness on the bus. The NYC drivers sux, hard breaking, hard acceleration and harsh ride. For me, it’s OK.

Then there's the cost of parking.

Now, they will feign outrage about any company getting tax relief, which always leads to business expansion and hiring.

When the left credit their black messiah did good things for the economy, do they know he did things like this?

Amazon made over $11 billion in profit. And that’s what’s left over after all the bills are paid. And they paid zero in federal taxes. Republicans call that a great deal.

Lol! Amazon is a liberal company, why didn’t they just donate the money to the IRS?

So you're writing that the location of a company defines liberal vs. conservative?

GE hasnt been paying taxs for decades,,,

and I say good for them,,,

its time to starve the beast,,,

Exactly. It's a good start. Income tax is theft.

The IRS is just the Federal Reserve's collection wing. All of that money just goes to pay the interest on that Treasury Bond that the Federal Reserve bought with a check that was drawn on an account that has nothing in it. Such a scam. The root word for bond, btw, is bondage.

Last edited:

So you're writing that the location of a company defines liberal vs. conservative?

Are you?

they passed it on to the stock holders where they should,,,

Thanks for clearing up the fact that investors are a higher objective than employees or customers.

EXCEPT: The CEOs of nearly 200 companies just said shareholder value is no longer their main objective :bsflag:

DID YOU KNOW THAT WITHOUT INVESTORS THERE WOULDNT BE ANY EMPLOYEES OR CUSTOMERS???

MAYBE ITS they that should be more great full...

Then why does the largest retailer in the world, Walmart, want to go private?
what did they say the reason was, cause I havent heard,,,

if it were my company then why wouldnt I want to have control of it???

its mine after all

Mo' $$$$$$$

The caveat is to go private they have to payback their subsidies, which is the reason I've never had investors and never taken subsidies.

well money is the driving force in most business's,,

as for me all subsidies should end and as for investors,,,well most big business wouldnt exist without them and we would be worse off if they didnt exist,

of course the strongest companies are those that grew under their own supply and demand and learned to flex as it changed,,,

a company cant be liberal or conservative,,,its just a business that sells a product,,,
and if one were, its a company we can do without,,,serves no purpose other than to take money

Um... No. GE pays tons of taxes. Tons. It was a complete and total fabrication by the New York times. It's true that out of every company in the US, GE is well known for working harder than almost any other company at reducing it's tax bill by every conceivable method legal in the tax code.....

But the idea they have not paid taxes.... total fabrication. The left-wing made it all up.

a company cant be liberal or conservative,,,its just a business that sells a product,,,
and if one were, its a company we can do without,,,serves no purpose other than to take money

Agreed. A company does not operating based on left or right wing ideology. It operates based on money.

That's how a left-wing store manager can go out campaigning for the homeless, and then turn right around and say the homeless can't loiter at his stores, because it harms sales.

At the end of the day, ever business, is a capitalist business..... unless with the small exception of a business built on government. USPS, or Fannie Mea, Freddie Mac. You can afford to follow a left-wing ideology, such as sub-prime loans... when tax payers are footing the bill.

Um... No. GE pays tons of taxes. Tons. It was a complete and total fabrication by the New York times. It's true that out of every company in the US, GE is well known for working harder than almost any other company at reducing it's tax bill by every conceivable method legal in the tax code.....

But the idea they have not paid taxes.... total fabrication. The left-wing made it all up.
that all depends on what tax your talking about,,,sure they pay a ton on payroll taxs, not to mention all the hidden taxs in the materials for their products but this is a different tax

that all depends on what tax your talking about,,,sure they pay a ton on payroll taxs, not to mention all the hidden taxs in the materials for their products but this is a different tax

No I'm talking about the Corporate tax. Yes, they pay all those taxes too. But the idea that they pay zero Corporate tax... it's myth by the left. It really is.

That all started from a New York Times article where they claimed they had a $3.8 Billion whatever "Tax Benefit". It was never actually true from the very start. GE, like almost all other companies, pre-pays an estimated tax for the following year. If the profits are lower, than the estimated profits, then they have over paid. But usually the company does not take a refund. Instead they simply levy that over payment on next years taxes. The problem there is, if they over estimate their profits for that year too, then they have an even larger over payment.

That's what happened. As the economy kept declining, they kept flipping over a larger and larger over payment to the following year. Does not mean they were not paying taxes. In fact it means they were not only paying taxes, but paying to much to the government, compared to how much they owed.

The whole thing was stupid to begin with, because I kept asking why they didn't call it a refund. Because there was no refund. It was an over-payment applied to the following year. The whole thing was dumb.

The idea that GE pays zero corporate tax, is a massive unbelievable lie put forward by the mass of left-wing media. It was never true. Never.

No I'm talking about the Corporate tax. Yes, they pay all those taxes too. But the idea that they pay zero Corporate tax... it's myth by the left. It really is.

That all started from a New York Times article where they claimed they had a $3.8 Billion whatever "Tax Benefit". It was never actually true from the very start. GE, like almost all other companies, pre-pays an estimated tax for the following year. If the profits are lower, than the estimated profits, then they have over paid. But usually the company does not take a refund. Instead they simply levy that over payment on next years taxes. The problem there is, if they over estimate their profits for that year too, then they have an even larger over payment.

That's what happened. As the economy kept declining, they kept flipping over a larger and larger over payment to the following year. Does not mean they were not paying taxes. In fact it means they were not only paying taxes, but paying to much to the government, compared to how much they owed.

The whole thing was stupid to begin with, because I kept asking why they didn't call it a refund. Because there was no refund. It was an over-payment applied to the following year. The whole thing was dumb.

The idea that GE pays zero corporate tax, is a massive unbelievable lie put forward by the mass of left-wing media. It was never true. Never.
do ya have a link???

I would like a more detailed explanation of that cause the first time I heard this back in the 90's and then it said they havent paid in a long time,,

do ya have a link???

I would like a more detailed explanation of that cause the first time I heard this back in the 90's and then it said they havent paid in a long time,,
/—-/ Why? You would just dismiss it, wait a day or two and come back with the same rant, GE paid no corporate tax. At least that has been the pattern of the libtards since 1998.

do ya have a link???

Yeah, I did too. If you asked me about 10 years ago, I would have said they never paid any taxes. It was all lie. It is the most wide spread left-wing urban legend of all time.

Actually the link was posted on this thread a dozen posts back. It's buried in that article he posted.

However if you really want to get the information straight from the actual source.....

https://www.ge.com/investor-relations/sites/default/files/ge_webcast_10Q_07312019.pdf

Just go to the GE investor relations page. This is what drives me crazy about all these Left-wingers spewing out myths. These are publicly traded companies. You can look up their SEC reports. They have to file them, and if they were false, the SEC would destroy their companies.

There's another nut job on here that keeps saying Walmart pays no tax. I'm a Walmart shareholder. I can read their investor relations reports, and see that they do, and post here that they do. But it doesn't stop these nut jobs from pretending we can't look it up and see they pay tax.

Go to page 60 of the full SEC report.

Our consolidated effective income tax rate was 7.4% and 30.0% during the six months ended June 30, 2019 and 2018, respectively. The rate for 2019 is lower than the U.S. statutory rate primarily due to favorable audit resolutions and U.S. business credits, partially offset by the cost of global activities, including the recently enacted base erosion and global intangible low tax income provisions and from a largely non-deductible goodwill impairment charge associated with our Grid Solutions equipment and services business within our Renewable Energy segment.​

One thing I love about this, is that GE openly says they are using the renewable energy tax subsidies to offset their income taxes. What a shock. So these left-wingers screaming about the Green New Deal, and then screaming about companies paying no taxes... and its these companies using their own stupid green energy programs to avoid paying taxes.

Anyway... regardless of that irony.... the effective tax rate that GE paid in 2018 was 30%. And the effective tax rate in the first 6 months of 2019 was 7.4%.

Either way, it was not, and nor ever has been.... zero. I promise you. No company in the US that posts a dollar of profit, is avoiding paying the tax man. In 20 years of looking, I know of no possible way that you can post a profit, and not pay tax. Every profitable company pays some amount of tax. You can minimize it, but there is no magic deduction the reduces your tax to zero.

do ya have a link???

/—-/ Why? You would just dismiss it, wait a day or two and come back with the same rant, GE paid no corporate tax. At least that has been the pattern of the libtards since 1998.

so you have no proof,,,

got it

FYI,,I am happy they didnt give you fucking dems or repubes any money and got to keep it,,,

its a good day,,

do ya have a link???

so you have no proof,,,

got it

FYI,,I am happy they didnt give you fucking dems or repubes any money and got to keep it,,,

its a good day,,
/—-/ Here is a breakdown on taxes paid by corporations Bloomberg - Are you a robot?

do ya have a link???

so you have no proof,,,

got it

its a good day,,
/—-/ Here is a breakdown on taxes paid by corporations Bloomberg - Are you a robot?
thats common knowledge,,andy was specifically talking about GE so its their breakdown I'd like to see,,,

doesnt matter as long as dems and repubes dont get the money and the people that earned it get to keep it

do ya have a link???

so you have no proof,,,

got it

its a good day,,
thats common knowledge,,andy was specifically talking about GE so its their breakdown I'd like to see,,,

doesnt matter as long as dems and repubes dont get the money and the people that earned it get to keep it

Yeah, I agree. I'd like to eliminate the income tax all together. Reduce the size of government to fit their income, not expand government, and then try and expand taxes to fit the expenses.

I just hate that the left-wing continuously makes up myths, and no one fact checks these bastards.

Forum List

Back