Religious discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hate to toot my own horn, but I do remember PM'ing a certain mod of these boards about changing the Muslim forum to a general religion forum... and I do remember seeing this forum pop up the very next day... so SE I am gonna share the credit with you, if you don't mind!!! :D

Originally posted by gop_jeff
I hate to toot my own horn, but I do remember PM'ing a certain mod of these boards about changing the Muslim forum to a general religion forum... and I do remember seeing this forum pop up the very next day... so SE I am gonna share the credit with you, if you don't mind!!! :D

Sneak! :D Okay... you're allowed. Good call by the way.

Just want to throw this out for dicussion:

Athiests and others who refuse to acknowledge a higher power, i.e. God, cannot believe in democracy, and are, therefore, enemies to a free nation.

Discuss!

I'll throw in my two cents in later.

Atheists cannot believe in democracy? I think you have it backwards. Members of certain religions, by definition, cannot see equality in others who do not believe as they do. In fact, this is probably the case for most relgions. The only exceptions I can think of are some Eastern Religions. Certainly not the Western Relgions.
I would say Atheists might make the best Democratic Citizens.

popefumanchu said:

Athiests and others who refuse to acknowledge a higher power, i.e. God, cannot believe in democracy, and are, therefore, enemies to a free nation.

Discuss!

smirkinjesus said:
Atheists cannot believe in democracy? I think you have it backwards. Members of certain religions, by definition, cannot see equality in others who do not believe as they do. In fact, this is probably the case for most relgions. The only exceptions I can think of are some Eastern Religions. Certainly not the Western Relgions.
I would say Atheists might make the best Democratic Citizens.

Not exactly sure this is the appropriate thread to discuss this, but i wanted to say there are so many things wrong with what you just said its not funny. we are now all dumber for having listened to you.

You are dumber? Really? How am I wrong? It seems self evident to me that any religion that suggests nonbelievers are inferior, or need conversion, or evil, or doomed to fry eternally, or (fill in ignorant label)....any such religion is inherently undemocratic. How am I wrong? I'm dying to hear what is so wrong with saying what is obviously true, moral atheists are especially qualified to be good democratic citizens.

Not exactly sure this is the appropriate thread to discuss this, but i wanted to say there are so many things wrong with what you just said its not funny. we are now all dumber for having listened to you.

smirkinjesus said:
You are dumber? Really? How am I wrong? It seems self evident to me that any religion that suggests nonbelievers are inferior, or need conversion, or evil, or doomed to fry eternally, or (fill in ignorant label)....any such religion is inherently undemocratic. How am I wrong? I'm dying to hear what is so wrong with saying what is obviously true, moral atheists are especially qualified to be good democratic citizens.

This may take you by surprise, but just because you believe something to be true and say it forcefully, doesn't make it so. :shocked:

I am just a paeon here, but why don't smirkin yahoo and the pope start a thread in this forum called "aethism vs. democracy" or something to that effect cause it don't belong on this stick announcing the creation of the forum they want to discuss.

And by the way, that's MY two cents worth :)

popefumanchu said:

Discuss!

I think you should change your handle to "poopfumanchu", cause you are spewing poop.

Wade.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back