There is a value in teaching children about religion. You cannot really appreciate a lot of literature without knowing about religion. But children shouldn't be indoctrinated, children should be taught to question and think critically and when they attain the age of reason they can choose

"Now faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen."

Hebrews 11:1

"After Jesus Christ we have no need of speculation, after the Gospels we have no need of research. When we come to believe, we have no desire to believe anything else; for we begin by believing that there is nothing else with which we have to believe.... My first principle is this. Christ laid down one definite system of truth which the world must believe without qualification."

"I believe because it is impossible."

Church Father Tertullian 155 – BCE. 240 CE
You are such an ignorant bigot! Tertullian was outside the mainstream church.

Here's what atheist fanatics like guno think of freedom of thought and tolerance:

According to one estimate over 25 million Christians died from secular antireligious violence in the 20th century.
Psychology Religion and Spirituality - James M. Nelson - Google Books

Last edited:
The religious will disagree but consider only the judgments made almost daily by the religious about others who do not share their view of life? Judge not lest .... sounds nice but since religions possess what they they believe is the word of god, all actions are possible. The golden rule is too often forgotten. Anyone see the movie, 'Frailty?' An unusual comment on belief.

'Religious belief appears to have negative influence on children’s altruism and judgments of others’ actions even as parents see them as ‘more empathetic.’"

"“Overall, our findings ... contradict the commonsense and popular assumption that children from religious households are more altruistic and kind towards others,” said the authors of The Negative Association Between Religiousness and Children’s Altruism Across the World, published this week in Current Biology."

Religious children are meaner than their secular counterparts, study finds

"Conservatives are more religious than liberals - although there is no evidence that they're nicer people because of it." Andy Rooney, 'Common Nonsense'
Willful ignorance.

My 15 year old daughter belongs to the church but no longer believes In God.

So, what's the point? Why bother?
She made the decision herself. That is the point.

I suppose.

It's like me joining the Democratic Party. It would be my decision, but what would be the point?
I am teaching my kids to make their own decisions without me interfering and attempting to influence them. Your Democrat analogy does not wash.

There is a value in teaching children about religion. You cannot really appreciate a lot of literature without knowing about religion. But children shouldn't be indoctrinated, children should be taught to question and think critically and when they attain the age of reason they can choose

"Now faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen."

"After Jesus Christ we have no need of speculation, after the Gospels we have no need of research. When we come to believe, we have no desire to believe anything else; for we begin by believing that there is nothing else with which we have to believe.... My first principle is this. Christ laid down one definite system of truth which the world must believe without qualification."

Here's what atheist fanatics like guno think of freedom of thought and tolerance:

According to one estimate over 25 million Christians died from secular antireligious violence in the 20th century.

ere's what atheist fanatics like guno think of freedom of thought and tolerance:

stop projecting your idiocy on me, you don't know what I think, just your delusions running wild

"What profit has not that fable of Christ brought us!" Pope Leo X

Last edited:
stop projecting your idiocy on me, you don't know what I think, just your delusions running wild

Pope Leo X lived December 11, 1475-December 1, 1521

In the mid 1500s, playwright John Bale wrote a satire called the Pageant of Popes. The line "What profit has not that fable of Christ brought us!" was from this play, not from Pope Leo X, who had been dead for about thirty years by the time this line was uttered by an actor.

I suppose.

It's like me joining the Democratic Party. It would be my decision, but what would be the point?
I am teaching my kids to make their own decisions without me interfering and attempting to influence them. Your Democrat analogy does not wash.
Give them the proper tools.

Why there is no god

If the god story doesn't hold up, throw it out.

I am teaching my kids to make their own decisions without me interfering and attempting to influence them.

Many people parent that way these days. They prefer to let the public system interfere and influence them.

Now, ask me why the kids are fucked up.

Your Democrat analogy does not wash.

Au contraire, it could not be more apropos.

Pope Leo X lived December 11, 1475-December 1, 1521

In the mid 1500s, playwright John Bale wrote a satire called the Pageant of Popes. The line "What profit has not that fable of Christ brought us!" was from this play, not from Pope Leo X, who had been dead for about thirty years by the time this line was uttered by an actor.
Looks like guno has been caught again spreading lies.

I suppose.

Give them the proper tools.

Why there is no god

If the god story doesn't hold up, throw it out.

If atheist propaganda is simplistic and irrational throw it out.

Twenty Arguments For The Existence Of God by Peter Kreeft & Ronald K. Tacelli

The New Atheism and Five Arguments for God | Reasonable Faith

Last edited:

No need to project - you seem to enjoy exposing yourself as a closed-minded bigot every chance you get.

I am teaching my kids to make their own decisions without me interfering and attempting to influence them.

Many people parent that way these days. They prefer to let the public system interfere and influence them.

I bet a lot of atheists are raising better children than you.

You suggesting you got to lie to your kids to raise them right?

You believe in Jesus but did you learn empathy? Then your parents raised a selfish stupid but self sufficient greedy citizen. Bfd. Easy where you grew up.

Shrug.

For every study, there is another showing the opposite effect.
You have to admit no one thinks conservatives are nicer than liberals.

Ann Coulter is not nicer than Thom Hartmann. Rush isn't nice. No one on Fox is nice.

They are quite nice, actually. Just not to you people.
I actually have some friends who are conservative. Funny they all don't want to talk politics with me. Why? Because they only think in talking points.

I bet a lot of atheists are raising better children than you.

Perhaps. Difficult to judge here, eh?

You suggesting you got to lie to your kids to raise them right?

Please point out where I suggested anything like that.

You believe in Jesus but did you learn empathy?

Why of course. I certainly feel your pain. Must be tough hitting your head on everything.

Shrug.

Ann Coulter is not nicer than Thom Hartmann. Rush isn't nice. No one on Fox is nice.

LOL I live in Portland, Oregon, one of the most liberal cities in the United States, and let me tell you...the people here are anything but nice. They are rude, abrasive, aggressive, angry, and downright mean. The people in conservative Phoenix (where I lived before) weren't like that. Now my theory actually is that it has to do with gun laws. In Phoenix you can pack heat wherever you go so people are very nice to each other on the street because you have no idea who might shoot you if you get shitty with them. Portland's gun laws are such that you don't have to worry about that so people are free to be total assholes without running the risk of getting shot.

Portland has also gained a reputation is sort of a modern day Haight-Ashbury and we have TONS of homeless teens and your 20-somethings roaming the streets. they are NOT nice hippies living the peace and love lifestyle. They are criminals who will rob you and beat you half to death to steal your wallet or purse. The streets are covered with them. I didn't see anything CLOSE to this in Phoenix. I read a news article recently that said that Portland has one of the lowest worker participation rates in the nation. Way to go liberalism.

Last edited:
Shrug.

LOL I love in Portland, Oregon, one of the most liberal cities in the United States and let me tell you...the people here are anything but nice. They are rude, abrasive, aggressive, angry, and downright mean. The people in conservative Phoenix (where I lived before) weren't like that. Now my theory actually is that it has to do with gun laws. In Phoenix you can pack heat wherever you go so people are very nice to each other on the street so you have no idea who might shoot you if you get shitty with them. Portland's gun laws are such that you don't have to worry about that so people are free to be total assholes without running the risk of getting shot.

Portland has also gained a reputation is sort of a modern day Haight-Ashbury and we have TONS of homeless teens and your 20-somethings roaming the streets. they are NOT nice hippies living the peace and love lifestyle. They are criminals who will rob you and beat you half to death to steal your wallet or purse. The streets are covered with them. I didn't see anything CLOSE to this in Phoenix. I read a news article recently that said that Portland has one of the lowest worker participation rates in the nation. Way to go liberalism.
A. You're an idiot. Those homeless aren't liberals. That's like me saying the kkk are Republicans.

B. It never crosses my mind if someone's packing heat. So without that fear you'd be an asshole?

Shrug.

LOL I live in Portland, Oregon, one of the most liberal cities in the United States, and let me tell you...the people here are anything but nice. They are rude, abrasive, aggressive, angry, and downright mean. The people in conservative Phoenix (where I lived before) weren't like that. Now my theory actually is that it has to do with gun laws. In Phoenix you can pack heat wherever you go so people are very nice to each other on the street because you have no idea who might shoot you if you get shitty with them. Portland's gun laws are such that you don't have to worry about that so people are free to be total assholes without running the risk of getting shot.

It is because they are all down at the coffee shop smoking joints. You would think that would mellow people out but apparently not so much

Forum List

Back