Religions which predate Judaism didn't forbid or condemn homosexuality

No, they're not. Can cross-check on biblegateway at your leisure. I already have and wouldn't have offered it otherwise. But for the differences between grammar with different versions of a Bible, the meanings are accurate.
no, the meanings that you've attributed to them are NOT accurate.....none of those passages promote human sacrifice as part of the Christian religion.....the very claim is absurd.......one example you give is God demanding a tribe be eliminated BECAUSE they engaged in human sacrifice and you pretend its an example of God DEMANDING human sacrifice....

well, if your link had nothing to do with the claim "Earliest form of Christianity practised 'sacred prostitution' as well.", where is your link supporting THAT claim.....

Can I hold you responsible from now on for every assertion you make, asking for your source, or are some things just accepted as a given as here?

Sacred Prostitution

"The Israelites left Egypt for Canaan where their ancestors once lived. They defeated the Canaanites in battle and occupied their land but assumed Canaanite religious cult practices and shared in their religious beliefs. Among those cult practices was sacred prostitution which Israelites practiced along with their neighbors. In time the practice came under criticism from certain Israelite priests who believed that it rendered Israelites impure or unclean in their relationship with Yahweh.

Sacred prostitution involved both female and male cult prostitutes. Young male Israelites who engaged in homosexual sacred prostitution were referred to as "dogs" by Jewish Deuteronomic reformers in the 7th century B.C., as mentioned in Chapter I. Deut. 23:17, 18 reads: "There shall be no whore of the daughters of Israel, nor a sodomite of the sons of Israel. Thou shalt not bring the hire of a whore, or the price of a dog, into the house of the Lord thy God for any vow: for even both these are abomination unto the Lord thy God.""

This establishes the practice in Judaism.

Can Google

gnostic sacred prostitution

and take your pick. Impossible to read about gnostics (earliest Christians) without bumping into the terms.

The earliest form of Christianity involving contemporaries of Yeshua is almost a total opposite to what it became after the Catholics were through wiping them out. Female priests, sacred prostitution, etc. The schizm between the Gnostics, and the early Catholic church is well documented.
this is getting absurd.....you give an example of the Canaanites doing something and then pretend it was Israel doing it.....this does not establish the practice in Judaism.....it establishes that one of the things God condemned and told Israel not to do was happening in Canaan......

and take your pick. Impossible to read about gnostics (earliest Christians)

the gnostics weren't the "earliest Christians"......they were the gnostics......they were gnostics before Christ was even born......they adopted some of the teachings of Christianity and also some of the crap practiced by the Canaanites, such as temple prostitution......

Dear @Delta4Embassy
I align more with PostmodernProph assessment of history.
In books such as "When God was a Woman" and "Chalice and the Blade"
the common concept is that the matriarchal/goddess worship tribal cultures were weeded out and
killed off, replaced by patriarchal practices.

You can argue this is genocidal, and I don't think anyone can argue it wasn't.

The point was they DIDN'T want the pagan practices to be a bad influence.

Delta I think you would have to study spiritually the difference in energy between the occult/witchcraft and negative forces, to understand why this cannot be mixed with the positive light energy and spirit. It does get corrupted.

So this is why the spiritual teachings warn to stay AWAY from any dark energy, any practice that seeks to manipulate by one's own selfish material will instead of working in harmony with nature and not manipulating it.

The true Wiccan and natural practices do not manipulate anything, but seek to live in harmony.
But so many of these tribal practices, that played with curses or rebellion/rejection and other manipulations,
these are NOT compatible with the natural spiritual living laws and practice. So they had to be separated.

And if the tribes were so engrained in their culture, that is why the genocides happened to kill them off.
This is not ideal, this is not what "God wants."

I don't think you can see the difference spiritually, so to you it all looks genocidal and violent, corrupt and
abusive.

It is true that the negative energy and spirit HAS corrupted the church with political greed for power and control.
But that is NOT what the true message and meaning is in Christianity.

the whole point was to get away from that bad influence and to overcome it.
The OT is full of genocide and war because this bad karma was repeating, and humanity kept falling into the
same messes.

the whole point of the NT is to break out of that cycle of retribution and bad karma or sin,
and live wholly naturally and free from it.

So until you understand the full meaning in context, the difference between OT and NT,
I don't think this is going to make sense to you. It is all going to look violent and bad if you focus
on teh OT and think that is what God's will m eans. That was the past, when man was struggling
and was FAILING. the point is to teach from that, what didn't work, and why we need to live by
Restorative Justice and peace which is what the NT is about, the OT is about dying by retributive justice.

well, if your link had nothing to do with the claim "Earliest form of Christianity practised 'sacred prostitution' as well.", where is your link supporting THAT claim.....

Can I hold you responsible from now on for every assertion you make, asking for your source, or are some things just accepted as a given as here?

Sacred Prostitution

"The Israelites left Egypt for Canaan where their ancestors once lived. They defeated the Canaanites in battle and occupied their land but assumed Canaanite religious cult practices and shared in their religious beliefs. Among those cult practices was sacred prostitution which Israelites practiced along with their neighbors. In time the practice came under criticism from certain Israelite priests who believed that it rendered Israelites impure or unclean in their relationship with Yahweh.

Sacred prostitution involved both female and male cult prostitutes. Young male Israelites who engaged in homosexual sacred prostitution were referred to as "dogs" by Jewish Deuteronomic reformers in the 7th century B.C., as mentioned in Chapter I. Deut. 23:17, 18 reads: "There shall be no whore of the daughters of Israel, nor a sodomite of the sons of Israel. Thou shalt not bring the hire of a whore, or the price of a dog, into the house of the Lord thy God for any vow: for even both these are abomination unto the Lord thy God.""

This establishes the practice in Judaism.

Can Google

gnostic sacred prostitution

and take your pick. Impossible to read about gnostics (earliest Christians) without bumping into the terms.

The earliest form of Christianity involving contemporaries of Yeshua is almost a total opposite to what it became after the Catholics were through wiping them out. Female priests, sacred prostitution, etc. The schizm between the Gnostics, and the early Catholic church is well documented.
this is getting absurd.....you give an example of the Canaanites doing something and then pretend it was Israel doing it.....this does not establish the practice in Judaism.....it establishes that one of the things God condemned and told Israel not to do was happening in Canaan......

Forum List

Back