Remember

The Irish Ram

LITTLE GIRL / Ram Tough
Apr 10, 2011
diagonally parked in a parallel universe
I come from a little town, so instead of class reunions, every 5 years we have an all class school reunion.
It's wonderful to see all of those who have moved away, and go back in time with a first love, to laugh at the pranks we pulled, the cheers we cheered, batons we twirled, stories of the ones we've lost. So in the spirit of reminiscing, take a second to remember when:

You never rode a bike, threw a water balloon, did a cannonball, ate a popsicle, played fetch with a dog, played catch with your friends? Did you ever stop and smell a freshly mowed lawn, ride a horse like you were National Velvet, pick a flower for your mom?
You didn't live with the nuns did you?

You never rode a bike, threw a water balloon, did a cannonball, ate a popsicle, played fetch with a dog, played catch with your friends? Did you ever stop and smell a freshly mowed lawn, ride a horse like you were National Velvet, pick a flower for your mom?
You didn't live with the nuns did you?
No....to all except I played catch with my brothers always. Mom died when I was six....it's been a long hard ride....but vodka helps!,,, :ack-1:

It is always strange running into classmates (the ones that I have not kept in regular contact with), as they often feel this connection to me that I do not feel for them. Perhaps they feel that we are kin of some sort, for having attended school together and shared some experiences.

They inquire about my life as if I should feel obligated to share my more recent personal experiences with them. They speak about themselves as if I am supposed to be curious about their life since I last saw them.

They inquire about the things I have done to make money, as if I am supposed to reveal everything... illegal and otherwise!

I'm not sure why it is that so many people I went to school with tend to like me, as I do not feel anything towards many of them.

They just seem so primitive now. So devolved. So Mundane. So... irrelevant.

So why, when they see I have no interest in them, do they continue to cling to the past and persist on attempting to "befriend" me?

It is as if their mere presence contaminates the chalice of pure water that is my mind, and I must empty it again after encountering them.

It is always strange running into classmates (the ones that I have not kept in regular contact with), as they often feel this connection to me that I do not feel for them. Perhaps they feel that we are kin of some sort, for having attended school together and shared some experiences.

They inquire about my life as if I should feel obligated to share my more recent personal experiences with them. They speak about themselves as if I am supposed to be curious about their life since I last saw them.

They inquire about the things I have done to make money, as if I am supposed to reveal everything... illegal and otherwise!

I'm not sure why it is that so many people I went to school with tend to like me, as I do not feel anything towards many of them.

So why, when they see I have no interest in them, do they continue to cling to the past and persist on attempting to "befriend" me?

It is as if their mere presence contaminates the chalice of pure water that is my mind, and I must empty it again after encountering them.
With that set of headlights ......

With that set of headlights ......
Those headlights are more than informative...hey Shart...we need another category....stimulating....

No....to all except I played catch with my brothers always. Mom died when I was six....it's been a long hard ride....but vodka helps!,,, :ack-1:

I'm sorry to hear that.

But may I suggest, Christ works a whole lot better than vodka, and there are no side effects accept love, joy and peace. And the only hangover you get is when you hang over the side of heaven and say I'm glad I left that place.:eusa_angel:

I come from a little town, so instead of class reunions, every 5 years we have an all class school reunion.
It's wonderful to see all of those who have moved away, and go back in time with a first love, to laugh at the pranks we pulled, the cheers we cheered, batons we twirled, stories of the ones we've lost. So in the spirit of reminiscing, take a second to remember when:

Yes, I often think of many of those. Such great memories. I am thankful for what God has given me.

The world sure is a different place. It almost seems that a darkness is beginning to creep over the whole earth. One in which children cannot just be children anymore. How rapidly it has happened.

Forum List

Back