Zone1 Religion is not needed if a "golden rule" is valued

According to scientists there's something called the happiness advantage and it's real. They found that performance is 33% better when in a happy state than when in a neutral, negative or stressed state. They say you can literally train your mind in thirty days to naturally be in a happy state. And it's all things Christians do as part of the practice of their faith. Turns on all the learning centers of the mind.

So it makes perfect sense that religion has a functional advantage over no religion and has continued to exist, in overwhelming numbers, in every society since the beginning of man. Does it matter which religion one practices to achieve the happiness advantage? No. It's all about the process of placing the mind in a happy and thankful state.

Atheism on the other hand, especially the militant variety, offers no such advantage. The best they can ever hope for is to suffer without complaint.

That was an intelligent argument. Militant atheists need to Darwinize themselves out of existence. They're the new Nazi's of the 21st century. Seriously, what have you ever accomplished in your life that would make what you have to say worth hearing? Nothing.
Again, you spew out ignorance and pretend you know something from your make-belief "mind".
You have no idea who I am, but simplify my comments into absurdity or make things up to satisfy your cognitive dissonance.
Enjoy your religion(s). I don't need 'em.

Again, you spew out ignorance and pretend you know something from your make-belief "mind".
You have no idea who I am, but simplify my comments into absurdity or make things up to satisfy your cognitive dissonance.
Enjoy your religion(s). I don't need 'em.
Emmons & McCullough, 2003
Slatcher& Pennebaker, 2006
Babyaket al., 2000
Shapiro & Schwartz, 2005
Achor, 2010

Says otherwise.

You're in over your head, son.

There are MANY religions, and most are thousands of years old when few were able to read, and even fewer understood scientific knowledge about the universe that is evident today.
Which religion is best? Why would you choose a religion when its leaders don't understand natural, scientific reality?

Empathy and a golden rule is all one needs to be "ethical".
We actually need God.

We need God's guidance, God's statutes, God's direction, God's leadership, God's very own teachings on what is ethical, moral, civil, legal, etc... We need the Word of God.

We actually need God.

We need God's guidance, God's statutes, God's direction, God's leadership, God's very own teachings on what is ethical, moral, civil, legal, etc... We need the Word of God.

you just need to grow up - jesus taught self determination, the heavens aren't going to help you.

Sort of like Obama, huh?

really ... obama won his 2nd term the 1st time.

"My first acts as your next President will be to Close the Border, DRILL, BABY, DRILL, and Free the January 6 Hostages being wrongfully imprisoned!" he wrote late Monday.

how long is your sentence - hopefully over before the election because you'll still be locked up long after nov. .... if not.

really ... obama won his 2nd term the 1st time.

how long is your sentence - hopefully over before the election because you'll still be locked up long after nov. .... if not.
Not my sentence, dummy. And it's not surprising my point flew over you head.

There are MANY religions, and most are thousands of years old when few were able to read, and even fewer understood scientific knowledge about the universe that is evident today.
Which religion is best? Why would you choose a religion when its leaders don't understand natural, scientific reality?

Empathy and a golden rule is all one needs to be "ethical".
The Christian religions defines "the golden rule." It certainly wasn't the brainchild of Secular Leftists and Atheists. They've always taught: "Survival of the Fittest."

To leftwingers who say you have to be perfect all your life to be a Saint, I offer St. Paul, Mary Magdalene, and St. Augustine.

treading on thin ice - purity is required, only mary fits the mold.

mary is a chosen heavenly exemplar refuting the liar moses's false commandments, you should find time to understand better the 1st century heavenly events ...

- doubtful but may not be to late even for you.

The Christian religions defines "the golden rule." It certainly wasn't the brainchild of Secular Leftists and Atheists. They've always taught: "Survival of the Fittest."
The "golden rule" is a simple concept, for those who have at least a little empathy. Religion is not needed.
Labelling people into groups (Leftist, Right-wing, etc) is too simplistic & immature.
Try looking up "agnostic" and "scientific method", then ask yourself if you're truly HONEST about your beliefs & ignorance on "supernatural" claims.

The "golden rule" is a simple concept, for those who have at least a little empathy. Religion is not needed.
Labelling people into groups (Leftist, Right-wing, etc) is too simplistic & immature.
Try looking up "agnostic" and "scientific method", then ask yourself if you're truly HONEST about your beliefs & ignorance on "supernatural" claims.
Who or what determines the difference between Good and Evil without God's written definition?

Who or what determines the difference between Good and Evil without God's written definition?
How do you know a god wrote definitions of ANYTHING for us humans? Why are you not honest with yourself?
You, I, and other people do NOT KNOW about any god. You want to believe, I realize, but you do NOT KNOW.
Why are you afraid to admit your ignorance?
If you truly believe you KNOW, please explain how you know more than believers of other religions.

How do you know a god wrote definitions of ANYTHING for us humans? Why are you not honest with yourself?
You, I, and other people do NOT KNOW about any god. You want to believe, I realize, but you do NOT KNOW.
Why are you afraid to admit your ignorance?
If you truly believe you KNOW, please explain how you know more than believers of other religions.
You do not "know" that God did NOT write a letter to His creation in the form of the Holy Bible. You can NEVER prove that He doesn't exist.

Christianity is faith-based in a similar way that atheism is. You have faith that the universe and all life is the result of a series of mistakes.

You do not "know" that God did NOT write a letter to His creation in the form of the Holy Bible. You can NEVER prove that He doesn't exist.

Christianity is faith-based in a similar way that atheism is. You have faith that the universe and all life is the result of a series of mistakes.
You do not know that Allah will NOT burn your mind when you die. Can you prove me wrong?

that's not to say the desert bibles are not phony, provide the stone tablets claimed by the liar moses w/ commandments etched in the heavens -

or rewrite those bibles the same way as originally written, the heavens again will be your guide, just try not lying this time and write something good for a change.

Forum List

Back