Zone1 Religion is not needed if a "golden rule" is valued

Empathy and a golden rule is all one needs to be "ethical".
Then we are absolutely DOOMED.

I would bet $$ I am older than you are.. In any case, I have lived long enough to realize that most human beings are about as empathetic as Stalin. They may not kill you like Stalin murdered... but they couldn't care less if you suffer... the elite dims are the prime example: couldn't care less if Americans are murdered by the future voters they are allowing into our country... probably, in fact, hope they do murder every damn one of us "dangerous" Trump folks... couldn't care less about the unborn. They are monsters..

It is not natural (to get back to your point here) to be empathetic. You have to know Jesus and follow Him and put Him first in order to understand HIS empathy... Humans do not have any empathy, naturally, to speak of..

Jesus saves. Humans cannot save themselves (without Him)

Then we are absolutely DOOMED.

I would bet $$ I am older than you are.. In any case, I have lived long enough to realize that most human beings are about as empathetic as Stalin. They may not kill you like Stalin murdered... but they couldn't care less if you suffer... the elite dims are the prime example: couldn't care less if Americans are murdered by the future voters they are allowing into our country... probably, in fact, hope they do murder every damn one of us "dangerous" Trump folks... couldn't care less about the unborn. They are monsters..

It is not natural (to get back to your point here) to be empathetic. You have to know Jesus and follow Him and put Him first in order to understand HIS empathy... Humans do not have any empathy, naturally, to speak of..

Jesus saves. Humans cannot save themselves (without Him)
Were you born in the 1940's or earlier?
My contention is that IF we follow a golden rule that includes empathy, respect, and fairness, then a religion is not necessary.
I agree that many "normal" people do not have much affective empathy, and psychopaths may have some cognitive empathy to control others.

Some personalities do not develop much empathy, but others do from very early ages & it's natural for them based on their temperament & early social orientation.
Check out Liddle/Bradley/Mograth "Baby empathy ..." in the journal of Infant Mental Health (36): 446-458.

Instead of a religion, we should emphasize education for science and activities that foster prosocial behavior, so those individuals that don't develop affective & cognitive empathy early will do so later, hopefully. We can see that religions have not worked with their mythical stories and brutality lives on.

It is not natural (to get back to your point here) to be empathetic. You have to know Jesus and follow Him and put Him first in order to understand HIS empathy...

seems misery is who hasn't empathy of their own to have substituted theirs for the desert version, the void they live in than what naturally gives sustenance for those who appreciate the gift of life.

- jesus taught liberation theology, self determination the very beliefs missery hasn't a clue.

Were you born in the 1940's or earlier?
My contention is that IF we follow a golden rule that includes empathy, respect, and fairness, then a religion is not necessary.
If it were not necessary and we could be good on our own

Jesus would not have had to come to Earth

would not have had to pay the high price for forgiving us

I know you probably don't believe in Jesus... What a sad, sad life you must have

seems misery is who hasn't empathy of their own to have substituted theirs for the desert version, the void they live in than what naturally gives sustenance for those who appreciate the gift of life.

- jesus taught liberation theology, self determination the very beliefs missery hasn't a clue.
You don't have a clue who I am, not one clue

You don't have a clue who I am, not one clue

oh,

* could that be a clue, the - 1miseryindex ... if not, you really need help.

- true, have read very little what you have written. however, empathy is liberation.

If it were not necessary and we could be good on our own

Jesus would not have had to come to Earth

would not have had to pay the high price for forgiving us

I know you probably don't believe in Jesus... What a sad, sad life you must have
No one knows what happened 2,000 years ago, including you.
According to historical researchers, Yeshua was born from a Jewish family and did not "come to Earth".
I am VERY happy with my life and enjoy independent, agnostic thoughts & avoid cultural brainwashing. Apparently, you don't like to think for yourself.

Instead of a religion, we should emphasize education for science and activities that foster prosocial behavior, so those individuals that don't develop affective & cognitive empathy early will do so later, hopefully. We can see that religions have not worked with their mythical stories and brutality lives on.
Didn't the atheistic nations of the 20th century already try that?

Satisfying material needs and primitive instinct is the hallmark of ATHEISM.
I am AGNOSTIC regarding ANY claims without decent evidence, and I am all NATURAL in my rational perspectives. I am VERY happy with my life & wish the same to you & all others who are not psychopaths.

I am AGNOSTIC regarding ANY claims without decent evidence, and I am all NATURAL in my rational perspectives. I am VERY happy with my life & wish the same to you & all others who are not psychopaths.
Thank you. I wish you well too.

There are MANY religions, and most are thousands of years old when few were able to read, and even fewer understood scientific knowledge about the universe that is evident today.
Which religion is best? Why would you choose a religion when its leaders don't understand natural, scientific reality?

Empathy and a golden rule is all one needs to be "ethical".
Stupid lazy bullshit...The BIble rarely says things twice but this it does

MANY ARE THE WAYS THAT SEEM RIGHT BUT LEAD ONLY TO DEATH

History is overflowing with lazy unwise people like you who smilingly imposed Hell on society becaue they were doing what they thought wa 'best'

History is overflowing with lazy unwise people like you who smilingly imposed Hell on society becaue they were doing what they thought wa 'best'

what is "what they thought was best" -

1712151060445.jpeg

is not the historical basis for the desert religions, christianity and religious zealots - libby von maga.

No, you aren't. You're a worthless piece of shit.
not sure that goes together vfa - maybe sociopaths and psychopaths are not the same condition, that's still a stretch those from texas are seldom only half baked ...

not so, am always on alert for criminals - thx for making my point ...

hopefully vfa will take notice and be on the lookout for texas tycoons, their oil and the gulf of mexico - there's still a chance to save the oceans - maybe.

I respectfully disagree. I know Christians who do not treat other people very well at all. And there are many non-Christians who are ethical, moral and empathetic to others.
Which destroys your point !!! There must be fake Christians there must be fake non-Christians.What an idiot

Forum List

Back