Religion: Does Anyone REALLY Believe It? Religion: Does Anyone REALLY Believe It?

Why is it that so many who claim to be of such superior intellect that they deny the existence of God spend so much of their time attempting to have a discussion about Him? Are you fools so intelligent in your own minds that you are in reality, insane?

There's a rather obvious hubris that seems to go hand-in-hand with godlessness. They deny God, and mock those who believe in him; imagining themselves to be somehow more intelligent and more enlightened, when it ought to be obvious that in professing themselves to be wise, they have merely become arrogant fools.

Yes indeed. They deny His existence yet make post after post after post about Him. They are insane.
If I were God ID have many different fishtanks but your ancient ancestors tell us God told them we are all there is. This is all for us. Meanwhile we're about to discover either ancient life or living things on Mars and Europa. They think life was on Mars billions of years before earth.

It's thinkers like you that hold us back. I'd rather talk about science than right and wrong. We have laws so no need for the stories.

There is no other way to discuss your invisible dragon. That doesn't mean we believe it exists. And when Christians and Muslims are discriminating and killing in the name of this invisible dragon, it's got to be talked about.

That's what I'm saying. If you really believe God doesn't exist then why do you insist on discussing Him. I don't believe in unicorns therefore I don't make countless posts on USMB about unicorns.
I explained already people who believe in unicorns aren't a problem. People believing in God are. Not 100% all the time and not all of you but overall it's a bad idea used to control, divide and manipulate us.

And really, why do you care? My brother believes and doesn't care what others believe. Says he's a Christian and goes to church but is OK with gays, abortions and doesn't believe all non Christians are in hell.

So why do you care if I believe? Don't say you don't care because, for example, you wouldn't vote for an atheist. But I've voted for all Christians my whole life. I don't hold it against them.

Yes you do care and you do hold their beliefs against them. I simply find you idiots amusing. If you didn't care what Christians believe, you wouldn't pay them any mind. From the sound of what you say here, it really sounds like you fear them. Funny.

You know, in the whole science vs. religion debate, I like how Albert Einstein said it best.................

"Science without theology is blind, and theology without science is crippled".

God gave us free will, and we have the choice to follow Him in whatever form we find Him in, or not. We also have the choice to expand our view of the Universe via science or to sit in the dark and just simply say "God did it", and absolve ourselves of all responsibility.

God doesn't want drones. He wants us to follow Him because we choose to, whether that path to him comes from Buddhism, Taoism, Judaism, Christianity, etc., because all religions teach basically the same thing. A very wise man once said "all paths lead to the top of the mountain".

I mean..............think about it............if you had a smartphone, television, or even a Bic lighter back in the 1600's, you'd be charged with witchcraft. Science helps us understand the world and come up with new inventions that help us push civilization even further.

We need both science and religion. However................don't force the way you view God on me, and I won't force how I see Him on you. We all have a slightly different perspective of the world, and God speaks to us in a voice we can understand.

Forum List

Back