Religion: Does Anyone REALLY Believe It? Religion: Does Anyone REALLY Believe It?

Religion: Does Anyone REALLY Believe It?

I find this dude very much right and wonder how could you take a 2,000 year old book at face value?

It needs less than a second to find out: This man on your video is not qualified to speak about religion. That's an imposition.

The bible are by the way "books" - that's why it is called "the book of the books" - so some parts are much older than 2000 years. In the bible thousands of inspired and inspiring authors and co-authors tell us something about what makes our world to the world we know. Not to know what's written in the bible is a gap of knowledge. It builds a bridge to the first states on planet Earth and to the world today.

Last edited:
In my experience the absolute worst people I have ever known have been very religious.
Yah ... Muzzies ... strapped up with bombs and loaded for bear.

Most religious people in my life that I have met have been devout Christians and they have been some of the meanest most judgmental people I have ever met
and off the charts crazy

my friends mother believed her granddaughter (an infant) would go to hell if it died before being baptised b/c of the sins it had committed.

What sin could an infant commit you might ask?

lying; if the baby was crying and the mother couldn't figure out what was wrong, the baby lied that it needed something, and was therefore damned.

Is it worth it?

Lucifer is really on a roll tonight !!

Satan/Lucifer another imaginary character that God could not destroy, so God and the Devil must be equal in power...

The devil is creation and not creator - and not only this: He's only an illusion like for example pain is only an illusion or money is only an illusion. But someone who has no money is able to die on hunger and pain is also the greatest reality too.

Sorry you don't believe in anything other than what you've been spoon fed by your God, the secular Democratic Party. I'm just glad you won't be in Heaven to pollute it the way you pollute this world.

Heaven.....LMAO!!

Surely you jest! I'm just curious.....is there a separate heaven for radical Islam or will all you nuts be together in the hereafter? I'll bet somebody has already bombed the golden gates.
is there a separate heaven for radical Islam? Yeah, it's called Hell.

I'll bet somebody has already bombed the golden gates.

I believe they're called "the pearly gates". Heaven isn't in San Francisco.

Of course there are people that really believe it. I know a few people, that are not at all nuts, that have claimed to have experienced things, and there are, and always have been, plenty of people making the same claim.

Undoubtedly some of them are frauds, trying to manipulate that for some sort of personal gain, but that's not true of everyone.

That doesn't mean necessarily that they believe everything in the bible or that the fossil record is bunk, or even that their version of 'god' is the 'only' one, but rather that they believe in something that not even they really understand.

Yes, there are people that believe it. No doubt in my mind about it.

Sorry you don't believe in anything other than what you've been spoon fed by your God, the secular Democratic Party. I'm just glad you won't be in Heaven to pollute it the way you pollute this world.

Heaven.....LMAO!!

Surely you jest! I'm just curious.....is there a separate heaven for radical Islam or will all you nuts be together in the hereafter? I'll bet somebody has already bombed the golden gates.
is there a separate heaven for radical Islam? Yeah, it's called Hell.

I'll bet somebody has already bombed the golden gates.

I believe they're called "the pearly gates". Heaven isn't in San Francisco.

OK...you caught me. The streets are gold ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!

The bearded gentleman in the video goes after christians hammer and tongs. Because they won't fight back. But, beard-o could grow some cajones and be snarky and condescending to Muslims or ISIS members and see how long he gets his head removed from his shoulders. Yeah, I agree with the general message, but not the cheap shots at christianity. Being critical is great, but let's focus on the problem sect, not the innocuous ones.

The bearded gentleman in the video goes after christians hammer and tongs. Because they won't fight back. But, beard-o could grow some cajones and be snarky and condescending to Muslims or ISIS members and see how long he gets his head removed from his shoulders. Yeah, I agree with the general message, but not the cheap shots at christianity. Being critical is great, but let's focus on the problem sect, not the innocuous ones.

I'll be sure to mention this to the victims of the Crusades.

I follow no specific religion. Just my own path with God as my silent and invisible partner :)

In my experience the absolute worst people I have ever known have been very religious.

Most religious people in my life that I have met have been devout Christians and they have been some of the meanest most judgmental people I have ever met

The problem is that when people take the bible literally it makes God seem like a giant prick which inspires the faithful to strive to become what they perceive God to be, a giant prick..

The problem is that when people take the bible literally it makes God seem like a giant prick which inspires the faithful to strive to become what they perceive God to be, a giant prick..

What else do you call a capricious all powerful being with a penchant for murderous temper tantrums?

What else do you call a capricious all powerful being with a penchant for murderous temper tantrums?

1 +1 = 2 ?

What I have found is that when you begin to realize that the laws of God are not about what you eat or what you wear or who has what kind of sex with whom another more rational and benevolent God emerges from the darkness and confusion presented by the literal meanings of the words used that intentionally obscure the true subjects and point of the stories like thick clouds.

The entire Bible was deliberately written in figurative language to intentionally keep its teachings secret, arcane to the ordinary layman, and hidden from their many enemies and would curse them if their holy books were ever stolen..

Take the law regarding circumcision for instance. If you fail to comprehend the deeper meaning and take that law literally, the next thing you know everybody is mutilating their own penises.

Those ancient Hebrews had one messed up sense of humor.

Last edited:
Take the law regarding circumcision for instance. If you fail to comprehend the deeper meaning and take that law literally, the next thing you know everybody is mutilating their own penises.
How about the part where it suggests becoming a eunuch? I'm sorry, but that just ain't gonna happen.

I'll be sure to mention this to the victims of the Crusades.
You have a time machine? I am talking in the present tense, wisenheimer. No Templars rampaging, no inquisitions. I am talking currently, within the last 100 years or so.

Last edited:
How about the part where it suggests becoming a eunuch? I'm sorry, but that just ain't gonna happen.

Then, if you are dedicated to a love of God and truth a decision has to be made. You either have to search for a deeper meaning or abandon the whole enchilada.

See how easy it is to be diverted by written words that have many levels of meanings and even more implications that were never written down effectively keeping the teachings secret, hidden in plain sight?

"So he drove the man out and to the east of the Garden of Eden he placed the Cherubim and a flaming and flashing sword that turned in every direction to guard the way to the tree of life."

The Bible is like a book of riddles in the same way the question, "How can he give us his flesh to eat?"' presents a riddle.

If you look and look and keep on looking, you will find the answers.

If you don't look, you will find nothing.

Why not challenge yourself to give it a try. Search for deeper meaning. Obviously to accept it all as the literal truth amounts to a form of insanity.

Surely its not possible that bronze age goat herders who knew nothing of the universe or how the natural world works could have outsmarted all of the educated people of this day and age?

Is it?

Last edited:

Then, if you are dedicated to a love of God and truth a decision has to be made. You either have to search for a deeper meaning or abandon the whole enchilada.

See how easy it is to be diverted by written words that have many levels of meanings and even more implications that were never written down effectively keeping the teachings secret, hidden in plain sight?

"So he drove the man out and to the east of the Garden of Eden he placed the Cherubim and a flaming and flashing sword that turned in every direction to guard the way to the tree of life."

The Bible is like a book of riddles in the same way the question, "How can he give us his flesh to eat?"' presents a riddle.

Why not challenge yourself to give it a try. Search for deeper meaning. Obviously to accept it all as the literal truth amounts to a form of insanity.

Surely its not possible that bronze age goat herders who knew nothing of the universe or how the natural world works could have outsmarted all of the educated people of this day and age?

Is it?
Do you know what sarcasm is?

Is it?
Do you know what sarcasm is?

Yes, I know. You are too fucked in the head with partisan politics to be taken seriously. I just used your comment to convey something of great value to those who aspire to the heavenly realm.

obviously, what I posted was not for your benefit.

Sorry.

Last edited:
It is bewildering that so many people in 'this day and age' give at least the appearance of belief in obviously infantile explanations for so much, including religion.
No coincidence that in Europe where they are less religious they believe more in human created climate change, evolution and gay rights.

This is why I say if you can be convinced a religion is real you can be convinced anything. No proof necessary. You just have to have faith you are right

What an ignorant baby.

You know God is all in your head when he hates all the same people you hate

Forum List

Back