Reid says Romney didn't pay taxes for 10 years

1. Mormon Tithes

Mormons are expected to fork over 10 percent of their income to the Church of Latter Day Saints. And that fact leads us to two theories.

First, Rachel Zoll of the Associated Press speculated that Romney doesn't want to remind evangelical Christians that he belongs to what many consider a non-Christian “cult.” “The Republican candidate's commitment to the church is a double-edged sword in the contest for the presidential nomination,” she wrote. “Many GOP voters are Christians who do not consider Mormons to be part of historic Christianity. Romney supporters worry that details of his church donations contained in the tax returns could fuel opposition to him based on his religion.”

But it may be the other way around – perhaps he doesn't want to piss off Mormons. After all, the right-wing Daily Caller reported that in 2010 and 2011, the two years for which Romney released partial returns, it looks like the former Mormon bishop under-tithed the church, paying 7 percent of his income one year and 9.7 percent over the two-year period. As the Caller noted, “Romney recently told Fox News Sunday host Chris Wallace, 'I made a commitment to my church a long, long time ago that I would give 10 percent of my income to the church, and I’ve followed through on that commitment. So, if I had given less than 10 percent, then I think people would have to look at me and say, ‘Hey, what’s wrong with you fella — don’t you follow through on your promises?’”

Much More: 10 Theories About What Mitt Romney's Really Hiding in Those Tax Returns | Alternet By Joshua Holland

Did Romney cheat his Mormon church by hiding money? We don't know...

What are you.....twelve???

:smoke:

I'm convinced folks like you aren't interested in knowing. You just want us to forget about "You didn't build that!!!!!"

1a184e44_AyGPM29CQAAa9_M.jpeg
179166_442681895763281_693675525_n.jpg

Holy cow Lakhotaman! If what is posted in the link you provided is factually tree and verifiable it's no wonder Romney is a quarter of a billionaire, and not because he was smarter or luckier than most.

Man makes that much money and doesnt lawfully pay any taxes is pretty smart.

Would give him a shot for 4 years out of the two choices for me to make more money.

Holy cow Lakhotaman! If what is posted in the link you provided is factually tree and verifiable it's no wonder Romney is a quarter of a billionaire, and not because he was smarter or luckier than most.

Man makes that much money and doesnt lawfully pay any taxes is pretty smart.

Would give him a shot for 4 years out of the two choices for me to make more money.

I wouldn't; I put our country first.

Forum List

Back