Regarding the charges filed against the arresting officers of Freddy Gray

Yeah? And? The most serious and major of the charges is 2nd degree murder. I've been watching the coverage all week. You can take your "gotcha" questions elsewhere. If you're gonna charge someone with 2nd degree murder, you're gonna have to prove it.

If you read the beginning line of my post you will clearly see I said "charges" not "charge." That clearly shows I was aware of the other indictments.
LOL, it's not "gotcha questions", it's just QUESTIONS. :)

Perhaps it will do you some good to read each and every word of a post before you launch your criticisms or your "questions." Okay?
LOL, thanks for the laugh! :lol:

There's nothing funny about being a troll.
Don't be so hard on yourself, I find you quite funny.

Cool, I need the money. I charge by the week!

This might change things. Don't knock the source until you read it. Sean Hannity isn't the greatest platform, but that is a real Baltimore cop being interviewed.

FOX NEWS BOMBSHELL Freddie Gray tested positive for HEROIN and POT cops saw him DEALING DRUGS The Right Scoop -

If the cops "saw him dealing drugs", why wasn't he arrested for that?

What relevance does any possible drug use of his have to do with anything?

Because it means if they saw him doing drugs, they had probable cause to arrest. Yes, they would have. They wouldn't just arrest someone for no reason just to kill them so callously as some claim.

If they had seen him doing drugs, don't you think they would have mentioned that already? Wouldn't it be on some paperwork somewhere?

If they saw him doing drugs on the street, don't you think they would have found those drugs on him, or seen him throw them away?

If they had seen him doing drugs, don't you think they would have mentioned that already? Wouldn't it be on some paperwork somewhere?

I wouldn't know, and neither would you. That "paperwork" is part of an ongoing investigation. We'll know exactly what happened when they do release the details. All we're doing here is speculating.

If they saw him doing drugs on the street, don't you think they would have found those drugs on him, or seen him throw them away?

It isn't that simple. If he sold the drugs, the individual he sold them to may have gotten away, and so the police went after the one they could apprehend. Just because he sold those drugs doesn't always mean he has more on him.

I wouldn't know, and neither would you. That "paperwork" is part of an ongoing investigation. We'll know exactly what happened when they do release the details. All we're doing here is speculating.

It isn't that simple. If he sold the drugs, the individual he sold them to may have gotten away, and so the police went after the one they could apprehend. Just because he sold those drugs doesn't always mean he has more on him.

You're kidding, right?

First of all, the State Attorney has access to all of that paperwork, and it's pretty unlikely that she'd just straight up lied in all those press conferences and in the charges being brought against the officers.

Second, the Baltimore PD has been "leaking" anything and everything that could possibly make the officers involved look better. Remember, the autopsy report about the bolt in the van? The bullshit police report about what the other guy in the van heard?

Of course you remember them, you faithfully posted them in this very thread.

First of all, the State Attorney has access to all of that paperwork, and it's pretty unlikely that she'd just straight up lied in all those press conferences and in the charges being brought against the officers.

Given how quickly she overcharged (yes overcharged, just like the officers in LA were) those officers, it isn't outside the realm of possibility. Politics was and still is very prominent here [in this issue]. You place too much faith in a State's Attorney of all of four months.

Second, the Baltimore PD has been "leaking" anything and everything that could possibly make the officers involved look better.

That's a ludicrous notion. Like you asked me earlier, what reason is there for sworn officers to lie on national television?

Remember, the autopsy report about the bolt in the van? The bullshit police report about what the other guy in the van heard?

To the first question, yes I do, and it was verified by the Medical Examiner.

Law enforcement sources say Freddie Gray suffered head injury in police transport van WJLA.com

And to the second, I don't see the WaPo walking anything back about what the prisoner said, but alas the prisoner himself is trying to distance himself from his statement:

Prisoner in van thought Gray was trying to injure himself - The Washington Post

Given how quickly she overcharged (yes overcharged, just like the officers in LA were) those officers, it isn't outside the realm of possibility. Politics was and still is very prominent here [in this issue]. You place too much faith in a State's Attorney of all of four months.

Second, the Baltimore PD has been "leaking" anything and everything that could possibly make the officers involved look better.

That's a ludicrous notion. Like you asked me earlier, what reason is there for sworn officers to lie on national television?

Remember, the autopsy report about the bolt in the van? The bullshit police report about what the other guy in the van heard?

To the first question, yes I do, and it was verified by the Medical Examiner.

Law enforcement sources say Freddie Gray suffered head injury in police transport van WJLA.com

And to the second, I don't see the WaPo walking anything back about what the prisoner said, but alas the prisoner himself is trying to distance himself from his statement:

Prisoner in van thought Gray was trying to injure himself - The Washington Post

Well, no. She didn't "overcharge" them, she charged them with a spectrum of crimes. It's unlikely that they'll be convicted of 2nd degree murder, but there's a pretty solid case against them for negligent manslaughter.

As for your statements about my "faith" in the State's Attorney - seriously, think about it. This is going to trial, it's all coming out. Lying about it now would be career suicide.

Do you have "faith" that the Baltimore State's Attorney has her eyes set on bigger jobs? I sure as shit do. Think critically.

And the rest of your post is just proving me right.

Look at your stories - in one of them, it's in the damn title. What do think law enforcement source means, other than "leaked by the cops"?

What do you think law enforcement source means, other than "leaked by the cops"?

The medical examiner is a law enforcement source. So, where exactly do you/did you practice medicine? So, do you think the cops had any reason to lie, too?

She didn't "overcharge" them, she charged them with a spectrum of crimes.

That's not what I meant by overcharge. The charge of 2nd Degree murder by itself is an overcharge. Perhaps I should have reiterated.

As for your statements about my "faith" in the State's Attorney - seriously, think about it. This is going to trial, it's all coming out. Lying about it now would be career suicide.

One can never tell, with statements like "justice for Freddy Gray" and not "justice for all." Or, "We've/I've heard your calls of 'no Justice, no peace'" and etc. Just what makes you believe she employed any due diligence in pressing these charges? Pressing charges within two hours of getting the papers is practically unheard of.

Put yourself in her shoes, you have a large mob standing in front of you, hanging on your words. Anything but a conviction would have started the rioting all over again. I have no reason to trust her until the evidence is presented.

Why was he arrested and put in the van in the first place?

It was clearly an illegal arrest. The knife was not an illegal knife.

The more interesting question has to do with the detention prior to the arrest. All Mr. Gray did was run from the police. Is mere flight from police (even if it does take place in a "high crime area"), with nothing more, enough to justify pursuit by the police and detention?

Answer: Yes.

The U.S. Supremes have so ruled in People v. Wardlow, 528 US 119, a 2000 case that is very much still good law today.

Corrupt cops who will continue to terrorize the citizenry unless they are stopped by some greater authority. There is only one other recourse:

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots & tyrants. It is it's natural manure."
-- Thomas Jefferson; from letter to William S. Smith (Nov. 13, 1787)

Forum List

Back