Regarding the charges filed against the arresting officers of Freddy Gray

TemplarKormac

Political Atheist
Mar 30, 2013
The Land of Sanctuary
Try to understand something here. These are charges, not a conviction. Moreover, like in the Rodney King case, the prosecutor overcharged the officers, in this case 2nd Degree Murder. There is no way they can pass the "depraved heart" test, because as of now, they cannot prove the officers acted with extreme indifference to the value of human life, as described in the Model Penal Code § 210.2(1)(b). In my opinion, the reader should be prepared for an acquittal on that charge.

What gets me here is that it only took Baltimore's State's Attorney Marilyn Mosby two weeks to pass down an indictment. Usually investigations take far longer than just two weeks. Given the riots that occurred in Baltimore, I believe it was a rushed indictment, to avoid further unrest and violence.

Now, for those of you old enough to remember, if you'll recall your history, in the Rodney King case the prosecutor overcharged the four officers involved in brutally beating King (it is common knowledge that prosecutors will instinctively overcharge the defendant with the highest allowable offense in the indictment). The prosecutors placed too much confidence in the video evidence (coincidentally, that may also be the case here as well). Thusly when the trial in Simi Valley concluded, Officer Powell, the main defendant in the trial, was acquitted along with the three others involved in the incident. Hours later, Los Angeles had descended into anarchic chaos.

Mosby's comments at the latter end of her announcement appeared to be political, and will allow the defense to pressure for a change in venue for the eventual trial. Like I said in opening, the 2nd Degree murder charge is too harsh. She is basically saying those officers intentionally and maliciously murdered Gray, which ironically, would suit the narrative surrounding this case. It will be interesting to know what evidence there will be (other than the Medical Examiner's report) to support this allegation.

Last edited:
She was a cheerleader for the brain dead thugs. My question is why was Freddy the freeloader unable to walk to the wagon...he had to be dragged...wassup wid dat, yo...

She was a cheerleader for the brain dead thugs. My question is why was Freddy the freeloader unable to walk to the wagon...he had to be dragged...wassup wid dat, yo...

So, you really ARE that stupid, eh?

They beat the shit out of him until he couldn't walk any more.

Then they shackled him and threw him in the vehicle, stomach down, head first, without strapping him in.

Yepp, your racist side shines through, as always. Yer a Rightie.

What's funny is they're making this about RACE but only 2 of the 6 cops were white.
3 blacks!!!!
The mayors black
48% of the police force is black

It is almost like it is a battle between the ghetto thugs and the more civilized blacks, but it is being blamed on whites!

What's funny is they're making this about RACE but only 2 of the 6 cops were white.
3 blacks!!!!
The mayors black
48% of the police force is black

It is almost like it is a battle between the ghetto thugs and the more civilized blacks, but it is being blamed on whites!
Wow dummy if they want the black cops charged too then your WHOLE POST looks pretty stupid huh?

Then they shackled him and threw him in the vehicle, stomach down, head first, without strapping him in.

Stick the racist shit up your ass...and how do you know Freddy was beaten?

Try to understand something here. These are charges, not a conviction. Moreover, like in the Rodney King case, the prosecutor overcharged the officers, in this case 2nd Degree Murder. There is no way they can pass the "depraved heart" test, because as of now, they cannot prove the officers acted with extreme indifference to the value of human life, as described in the Model Penal Code § 210.2(1)(b). In my opinion, the reader should be prepared for an acquittal on that charge.

What gets me here is that it only took Baltimore's State's Attorney Marilyn Mosby two weeks to pass down an indictment. Usually investigations take far longer than just two weeks. Given the riots that occurred in Baltimore, I believe it was a rushed indictment, to avoid further unrest and violence.

Now, for those of you old enough to remember, if you'll recall your history, in the Rodney King case the prosecutor overcharged the four officers involved in brutally beating King (it is common knowledge that prosecutors will instinctively overcharge the defendant with the highest allowable offense in the indictment). The prosecutors placed too much confidence in the video evidence (coincidentally, that may also be the case here as well). Thusly when the trial in Simi Valley concluded, Officer Powell, the main defendant in the trial, was acquitted along with the three others involved in the incident. Hours later, Los Angeles had descended into anarchic chaos.

Mosby's comments at the latter end of her announcement appeared to be political, and will allow the defense to pressure for a change in venue for the eventual trial. Like I said in opening, the 2nd Degree murder charge is too harsh. She is basically saying those officers intentionally and maliciously murdered Gray, which ironically, would suit the narrative surrounding this case. It will be interesting to know what evidence there will be (other than the Medical Examiner's report) to support this allegation.
You do know that manslaughter and other charges were included, right?

The Prosecutor is on record saying that she heard the cries of the community and is now seeking justice for Freddie; playing to the batshit-crazy crowd.

Although I have nothing substantive to base this upon, my Spidey Sense tells me that most of this going to get tossed out of court during the early going.

Stick the racist shit up your ass...and how do you know Freddy was beaten?

Why was he even arrested? :dunno:

Officers cuffed Gray's hands behind his back and shackled his legs but did not secure him with a seatbelt while the van was moving, a violation of police department policy. Then, with "depraved indifference," officers ignored Gray's repeated pleas for medical attention, Mosby said.
Six Baltimore officers charged in death of Gray one with murder - Yahoo News
Most cruel and unusual....
Did the officers even HEAR Freddie's supposed calls for medical help?

Officers cuffed Gray's hands behind his back and shackled his legs but did not secure him with a seatbelt while the van was moving, a violation of police department policy. Then, with "depraved indifference," officers ignored Gray's repeated pleas for medical attention, Mosby said.
I am sure he did........

I am sure he did........
How do we know this? Those paddy-wagons are pretty loud, aren't they? Was there a wall between the driver and his prisoners? Just asking.

Forum List

Back