Regarding the charges filed against the arresting officers of Freddy Gray

None of us know anything yet. IF what we keep hearing is true - that Gray did nothing to provoke an arrest - then my first concern is why the police pursued Gray. To me, that is a critical question because it goes to the systemic problem of police intimidation and brutality in that community...and elsewhere as these fatalities keep gaining national attention. Forget whether or not the charges will stick. We have no idea what the evidence is yet and will not know until trial. Police throughout the country have been on edge for awhile now. It's understandable since their lives are on the line every day. But, even if Freddie Gray was a known drug user/dealer, if he wasn't doing anything suspicious at the time he was apprehended then something is fundamentally wrong. I am also completely aware the media loves these tragedies and they care much more about their ratings than getting at the truth.

Love the convo and hearing what you all have to say on this.

Officers cuffed Gray's hands behind his back and shackled his legs but did not secure him with a seatbelt while the van was moving, a violation of police department policy. Then, with "depraved indifference," officers ignored Gray's repeated pleas for medical attention, Mosby said.
Six Baltimore officers charged in death of Gray one with murder - Yahoo News
Most cruel and unusual....
Did the officers even HEAR Freddie's supposed calls for medical help?
I am sure he did........
How do we know this? Those paddy-wagons are pretty loud, aren't they? Was there a wall between the driver and his prisoners? Just asking.
Answered my own question, by accident...

A decent write-up on the incident here...

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2015/04/30/us/what-happened-freddie-gray-arrested-by-baltimore-police-department-map-timeline.html

Although it says nothing about whether Freiddie ran at the sight of the cops, as alleged, nor anything about a chase, if one ensued...

None of us know anything yet. IF what we keep hearing is true - that Gray did nothing to provoke an arrest - then my first concern is why the police pursued Gray. To me, that is a critical question because it goes to the systemic problem of police intimidation and brutality in that community...and elsewhere as these fatalities keep gaining national attention. Forget whether or not the charges will stick. We have no idea what the evidence is yet and will not know until trial. Police throughout the country have been on edge for awhile now. It's understandable since their lives are on the line every day. But, even if Freddie Gray was a known drug user/dealer, if he wasn't doing anything suspicious at the time he was apprehended then something is fundamentally wrong. I am also completely aware the media loves these tragedies and they care much more about their ratings than getting at the truth.

I have heard that Gray had a police record a mile long, and that he ran when he locked eyes with the cops, and that they then chased him - in connection with that, I had heard that Maryland law allowed the cops to chase-down anyone who runs from them under some sort of 'probable cause' guidelines, and to arrest anyone who disobeys an order to stop.

Not sure if any of that is accurate, but that's what I'd heard, earlier.

She was a cheerleader for the brain dead thugs. My question is why was Freddy the freeloader unable to walk to the wagon...he had to be dragged...wassup wid dat, yo...

So, you really ARE that stupid, eh?

They beat the shit out of him until he couldn't walk any more.

Then they shackled him and threw him in the vehicle, stomach down, head first, without strapping him in.

Yepp, your racist side shines through, as always. Yer a Rightie.
They beat the obama out of him and didn't leave a mark. Those cops are magic.

You do know that manslaughter and other charges were included, right?

Yeah? And? The most serious and major of the charges is 2nd degree murder. I've been watching the coverage all week. You can take your "gotcha" questions elsewhere. If you're gonna charge someone with 2nd degree murder, you're gonna have to prove it.

If you read the beginning line of my post you will clearly see I said "charges" not "charge." That clearly shows I was aware of the other indictments.

I have heard that Gray had a police record a mile long, and that he ran when he locked eyes with the cops, and that they then chased him - in connection with that, I had heard that Maryland law allowed the cops to chase-down anyone who runs from them under some sort of 'probable cause' guidelines, and to arrest anyone who disobeys an order to stop.

Not sure if any of that is accurate, but that's what I'd heard, earlier.

I also heard he had a long history of drug arrests and may have had outstanding arrest warrants. If the warrants story is true, then police at least had a reason to pursue him. I also heard a couple of days ago that Gray had recently had spinal surgery and that turned out to be false. As I said, we really don't know anything yet except what the authorities want to tell us. Everybody's got a spin.

She was a cheerleader for the brain dead thugs. My question is why was Freddy the freeloader unable to walk to the wagon...he had to be dragged...wassup wid dat, yo...

That bothered me, too. Something was already very wrong with the guy before police got involved. There were other prisoners in the van and the jail, but no reports of police ganging up on Freddie and beating him. I thought investigations were usually completed before charges were filed, but Mosby is playing politics and trying to appease the rioters, as is the mayor. How many people believed that it was white racist cops at fault? Hasn't been much talk of the three black cops that have now been charged. Does that mean we can at least put the racism shit to rest now since it is not a factor here?

Mosby should step down and appoint special prosecutor for the case because of conflict of interest. Of course, that would take integrity and she is wanting to make a statement to appease the rioters.

"These conflicts include your personal and professional relationship with Gray family attorney, William Murphy, and the lead prosecutor’s connections with members of the local media," he wrote. "Based on several nationally televised interviews, these reporters are likely to be witnesses in any potential litigation regarding this incident."

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2015/05/01/police-association-has-deep-concerns-about-prosecutors-many-conflicts-of-interest-in-freddie-gray-case/

Yeah? And? The most serious and major of the charges is 2nd degree murder. I've been watching the coverage all week. You can take your "gotcha" questions elsewhere. If you're gonna charge someone with 2nd degree murder, you're gonna have to prove it.

If you read the beginning line of my post you will clearly see I said "charges" not "charge." That clearly shows I was aware of the other indictments.
LOL, it's not "gotcha questions", it's just QUESTIONS. :)

I will say, that the police DO have one hell of a HARD job to do. If you have your doubts, just listen to a police scanner in your jurisdiction. Especially tonight.

If there's a problem here (and a 25 y.o. man is dead) it's about abuse of power, not racism.

LOL, it's not "gotcha questions", it's just QUESTIONS. :)

Perhaps it will do you some good to read each and every word of a post before you launch your criticisms or your "questions." Okay?

Try to understand something here. These are charges, not a conviction. Moreover, like in the Rodney King case, the prosecutor overcharged the officers, in this case 2nd Degree Murder. There is no way they can pass the "depraved heart" test, because as of now, they cannot prove the officers acted with extreme indifference to the value of human life, as described in the Model Penal Code § 210.2(1)(b). In my opinion, the reader should be prepared for an acquittal on that charge.

First of all. there is only one 2nd degree murder charge and that officer is also charged with lesser offenses.

Secondly, you should tell us how you have access to so much otherwise unknown information that enables you to be certain he cannot possibly be guilty or murder 2.

The liberal media is falling all over itself trying to spin this whole thing. Since three of the cops are black and the city is run by blacks, the media is trying to claim that white supremacy influences blacks and there doesn't need to be a white person present in order to be blamed for things. They have taken playing the race card to new extremes. If you are born white, you are guilty. So say the race baiters.

The prosecutor in this case needs to step down and let a special prosecutor handle things. She has close ties with everyone involved and even her husband's career could be affected by the outcome. Would the media be treating her differently if she were white? I think yes. The liberals see color and they act accordingly. Imagine if a white prosecutor who was related to the police chief were on the case. Yea, everyone would expect him or her to step down. But, since Mosby is black, the left treats her with kid gloves and they will make any excuse they can rather than treat her like they would a white person.

So. black leaders and police are so influenced by whites that they cannot be held accountable for their actions. White liberals have a great deal of influence over poor blacks and the problem has gotten out of control. Liberals need to answer for that. Treating people equally also means holding them to the same standards. When you treat them like lesser beings and make laws to lower standards for them, how can you expect people to rise to the occasion when they need to?

"Speaking about the political leaders in Baltimore being black. I think that white supremacy is so insidious and ingrained in this institution that you don’t even have to have a white person around, right? To have white supremacy play out."

http://downtrend.com/videos/dn2ogksbbx8

A copy of open letter asking Mosby to step down due to conflict of interest. Anyone else would be expected to do so, but rules don't mean shit when you are afraid to treat a black person the same as white people. It's the left that needs to change their ways.

http://allenwestrepublic.com/2015/05/01/an-open-letter-to-states-attorney-marilyn-mosby/

Last edited:
I find myself wondering whether the Defense for those cops is going to get most of those charges tossed-out very early on in this process.

Seems like Mosby jumped the gun and like her public statements during the press conference can be construed as steps undertaken merely to pacify the rioters.

And, if true, or even plausible, then it seems like any good Defense attorney worth his-or-her salt could get at least some of those charges tossed out on Day One.

Or even at a preliminary hearing, if such a thing is part of the process, or as part of a series of pre-trial motions, which, in turn, trigger a hearing.

The liberal media is falling all over itself trying to spin this whole thing. Since three of the cops are black and the city is run by blacks, the media is trying to claim that white supremacy influences blacks and there doesn't need to be a white person present in order to be blamed for things. They have taken playing the race card to new extremes. If you are born white, you are guilty. So say the race baiters.

The prosecutor in this case needs to step down and let a special prosecutor handle things. She has close ties with everyone involved and even her husband's career could be affected by the outcome. Would the media be treating her differently if she were white? I think yes. The liberals see color and they act accordingly. Imagine if a white prosecutor who was related to the police chief were on the case. Yea, everyone would expect him or her to step down. But, since Mosby is black, the left treats her with kid gloves and they will make any excuse they can rather than treat her like they would a white person.

So. black leaders and police are so influenced by whites that they cannot be held accountable for their actions. White liberals have a great deal of influence over poor blacks and the problem has gotten out of control. Liberals need to answer for that. Treating people equally also means holding them to the same standards. When you treat them like lesser beings and make laws to lower standards for them, how can you expect people to rise to the occasion when they need to?

"Speaking about the political leaders in Baltimore being black. I think that white supremacy is so insidious and ingrained in this institution that you don’t even have to have a white person around, right? To have white supremacy play out."

http://downtrend.com/videos/dn2ogksbbx8

A copy of open letter asking Mosby to step down due to conflict of interest. Anyone else would be expected to do so, but rules don't mean shit when you are afraid to treat a black person the same as white people. It's the left that needs to change their ways.

[URL='http://allenwestrepublic.com/2015/05/01/an-open-letter-to-states-attorney-marilyn-mosby/[/QUOTE']http://allenwestrepublic.com/2015/05/01/an-open-letter-to-states-attorney-marilyn-mosby/[/URL]

Are you claiming that a black cop is incapable of racial profiling and other racial biases in his job as a cop?

If so, prove it.

The Prosecutor is on record saying that she heard the cries of the community and is now seeking justice for Freddie; playing to the batshit-crazy crowd.

Although I have nothing substantive to base this upon, my Spidey Sense tells me that most of this going to get tossed out of court during the early going.
I can see them get convicted of manslaughter or negligence but the whole story isn't out yet. There are lots of "facts" and allegations right now, I think that it's going to take a while for the whole story to come out. I can see the possibility of federal civil rights charges coming out as well. I saw a crawl on Foxnews today stating that the state prosecutor stated that the police had no probable cause to apprehend/arrest Gray. Somebody please correct me if I am wrong.
I read he was arrested for having a switchblade, but that it was, in fact, not a switchblade, only a pocket knife.

Freddie didn't break his own neck someone broke it for him. I'm a far right wing conservative and pro cop but these cops were wrong from the get go. You don't arrest someone for a pocket knife but once you do, that person is in your care and must get to the station in one piece. I think one or more of these cops are guilty of murder. Probably the driver of the wagon. That being said...Cops are human and they get tired of arresting the same people over and over again. Maybe if Freddie were in jail where he should have been giving his record he would still be alive today. Stop letting felons out of jail early and give them enough hard time behind bars to break the thug out of them or a thug will just be back on the streets endangering himself and others.

That doesn't work, Rambunctious, I am tired of subsidizing private prison corporations, which are abominations before God and Man.

Forum List

Back