Refugee crisis in Europe!

gallantwarrior

Gold Member
Jul 25, 2011
On my own 200 acres of the Frozen North
Hundreds of thousands fleeing their homelands, seeking to migrate to all points imaginable in Europe. Especially after seeing and listening to some of the interviews of both refugees and aid workers, you have to ask yourself, why would they do that?

Sweden:
Somali "citizens" of Sweden demand housing, as many rooms as Momma wants. They mob the local welfare office with their demands.
refugees complain in sweden - Yahoo Video Search Results

This gentleman complains that he has to walk to get his food and then only has an hour or two to get it (he would never have made it in the Army I served in). He's also concerned about the oncoming winter, who will give them adequate housing?
refugees complain in sweden - Yahoo Video Search Results

The Netherlands:
It's cold and some people receive more clothes than others, and it's cold. Meals are meager. The clincher in this camp is, they are bored. Their internet service is slow to non-existent. One guy would rather receive cash so he can buy some smokes and maybe have some left over to send his mom in Syria.
refugees complain in the netherlands - Yahoo Video Search Results

Here's a group demanding that they be awarded residence permits to they can import even more "refugees" into the country. Naturally, some people are unhappy because, apparently, the noise wheels are getting the grease. That one guy speaks damned good Dutch, too.
refugees complain in the netherlands - Yahoo Video Search Results

This one's even better! These guys are complaining that the lack of sex is leaving them with blue balls...guess what they want given to them?
Embedded media from this media site is no longer available

Germany:
Here are some grateful refugees in Berlin, already threatening violence if their demands are not complied with.
refugees complain about germany - Yahoo Video Search Results

Some don't stop at threats, either:
Embedded media from this media site is no longer available

Or how about this one: she's complaining about shared bathrooms (better not come to the land of transgenderism). And this from people who use their hand to wipe their butts! She's sooooo disappointed!
refugees complain about conditions in germany - Yahoo Video Search Results

But all will be well, the German government has a solutions, those "refugees" demanding housing will have it, at least in Ludwigshaven, where the poorest German inhabitants can get the hell out. Notice that most are elderly with limited incomes.

Italy:
These guys are not even Syrian refugees. I'm betting some Italians are thinking these guys are not dying fast enough.

France:
(Calais) Tragically, the woman who is expending great personal effort to see these animals cared for might actually have had an epiphany when they dump the food she has worked to get for them on the ground.

Hungary, Turkey, Greece, Russia, Switzerland, Austria...all are under attack by less-than-animals that are swarming over Europe like cockroaches after the lights are turned off.

If you care one whit about our beloved country, contact your Congress critter, let them know we already have plenty of South American "refugees to deal with, not to mention millions of poor United States citizens who need help. Or should we turn out the poor, disadvantaged folks so that these animals can have anything and everything they demand?

Twice in American history we were unhappy with our country. We did not flee our country and flood the borders of other countries. We picked up weapons and we fought until things were right-first in the Civil War and again in the Revolutionary War. It's time for all of these immigrants to go back to their mother countries and pick up arms and have at it until they get their countries right just like we did.

Twice in American history we were unhappy with our country. We did not flee our country and flood the borders of other countries. We picked up weapons and we fought until things were right-first in the Civil War and again in the Revolutionary War. It's time for all of these immigrants to go back to their mother countries and pick up arms and have at it until they get their countries right just like we did.
We were not cowards looking for handouts. These animals do not want a hand up, they want a hand out. They are not looking to establish a better life, the are looking for the good life (supplies by someone else's blood, sweat, and tears). But then, they are not really men because they are relying on men to give them food, clothing, and shelter. They need to grow a pair of balls, a pair of legs to stand upright on, and go back and take what they need and want.

horses%2Briot.jpg

Swedish police on horseback do crowd control last Aug 2014.

They know how to do it.

Police rode into the crowd - five badly injured - Radio Sweden

Turkey strains to keep up with refugee crisis...

Refugee crisis 'impossible' in Turkey
Thu, 18 Feb 2016 - Turkey plays a pivotal role in the European migration crisis, but it could be at breaking point, says Mark Mardell.
As Jamal talks, he fingers a creased, worn photocopy of seven faded pictures. The faces of 13 dead members of his family stare from the paper. They were all Kurds from Syria, who drowned when their boat sank off the Turkish coast on the way to Greece. "This is my wife, Nejah Akli. That's my daughter-in-law, Sherin Muzafar. These are my grandchildren, Ma'sum and Muhamet… "The engine died. It happened at around eight in the morning - we'd only crossed halfway and were still in Turkish waters," says Jamal. "Water flooded in and the boat began to sink. Ten of the children and three of the women were trapped below deck. We were in the water for four hours and then a fisherman rescued us. "He called the coastguard. We told them that 13 people were still under the water and begged them to do something. We said, 'Brothers, please do something to help us, for the sake of God and for the sake of [the prophet] Muhammad.'"

_88312487_lifevests.jpg

Life jackets litter the trees near the beach​

The tragedy happened three months ago, and many others have suffered such grotesque loss since then. Turkey is a pivotal country, in a critical region. For the European Union, it is the key to solving the migration crisis that haunts the continent. We are in a tiny house in the back streets of Izmir, with Jamal and the other survivors - his son and his wife and three teenage daughters. "I thought I would never get out alive," said 14-year-old Hemri. "When we were rescued, I just kept crying and crying. All I could think of was where was my mum - I kept asking them. I asked the fishermen, 'Please look everywhere - see if you can find them.'" The EU believes if it can stop people making the journey by boat to Greece, those who make it over the Syrian border will stay in Turkey.

_88308702_mark-mardell3.jpg

Refugees live with no sanitation in the unofficial Torbuli camp in Turkey​

Jamal does not think many will be persuaded. "Syria is gone, Syria no longer exists," he says. "Prices of goods are high here in Turkey. The rent for this small, shattered house is $300 (£210) a month. Our children can't go to school here - education isn't available for us. "Europe is better because the Europeans are caring and kind-hearted. Europe respects human beings and cares about human rights." A little later I am standing on a scrubby hillside above a little cove, looking out at a rough gunmetal sea and the low shadowy outline of an island, like a luring, promised land. More famed in the past for the poet Sappho's sexuality, the Greek island of Lesbos, just six miles from the Turkish coast, is now seen as one gateway to the European Union. The litter strewn around the rocks and pine trees tells a story. Life jackets, foot pumps, inflatable rubber rings, a child's rucksack in the shape of a frog, a pair of underpants.

'Death jackets'[URL]

See also:

Migrants find refuge 'north of the middle of nowhere'
Feb 17,`16 -- After hiding below the horizon for two long months, the sun has finally risen in Hammerfest, casting a pale pink hue over the Arctic landscape surrounding the world's northernmost refugee shelter.
From her modest room, Huda al-Haggar admires the wonderland of snow and ice, a sight so different from her native Yemen, where a Saudi airstrike destroyed her home, forcing her to flee with her young son. "It's wonderful when I wake up in the morning and see this picture, the sea and the mountains. It's a wonderful place," the young woman says as 5-year-old Omar plays with Lego on her lap. The wooden barracks where al-Haggar and her son live used to house oil workers until Europe's migrant crisis reached the jagged shores of northern Norway, where the continent drops dramatically into the Arctic Ocean. Waiting for their asylum claims to be processed, hundreds of people in emergency shelters in Hammerfest and neighboring towns are slowly getting used to the extreme climate and unfamiliar customs of the High North.

They say they have adapted to the cold - the temperature rarely drops below minus 10 degrees C (14 F) along the coast, though it gets much colder further inland. It's the darkness that throws them off. Rami Saad, a 23-year-old Syrian from Damascus with a neatly groomed beard and tight slacks, says workers at the Hammerfest center warned him about the polar night but he didn't believe them until late November, when "suddenly there was no sun." The lack of daylight messed up his body clock, like the day when he rolled out of bed at 11 and ambled to the cafeteria to have lunch. "But there was nobody there," Saad says, giggling. "It was 11 p.m."

In Hammerfest, northern Norway, refugee Huda al Haggar and her son Omar from Sanaa in Yemen talk to the Associated Press at the northernmost refugee camp in the world. Waiting for their asylum claims to be processed, hundreds of people in emergency shelters in Hammerfest and neighboring towns are slowly getting used to the extreme climate and unfamiliar customs of the High North. They say they have adapted to the cold _ the temperature rarely drops below minus 10 degrees C (14 F) along the coast, though it gets much colder further inland. It’s the darkness that throws them off.​

Few of the asylum-seekers expected to end up here, 280 miles (460 kilometers) north of the Arctic Circle, when they left their homelands in the Middle East, Africa and Asia to escape violence, poverty, forced marriages or armies they didn't want to join. Some were relocated by Norwegian authorities after entering the country from Sweden in the south. Others blazed a new trail into Western Europe by first entering Russia and then crossing its Arctic border with Norway. More than 5,000 people, mostly Syrians and Afghans, used that route last year before the government tightened the border in November and started deporting those who were not deemed to be in need of protection in Norway. Though that's just a trickle compared to the 1 million people who entered Europe last year from the south across the Mediterranean Sea, it forced Norwegian authorities to quickly set up migrant shelters in small towns separated by mile upon mile of untouched wilderness.

[url=http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/E/EU_NORWAY_MIGRANTS_IN_THE_COLD?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2016-02-17-05-59-08]MORE
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-35594476

Turkey strains to keep up with refugee crisis...

Refugee crisis 'impossible' in Turkey
Thu, 18 Feb 2016 - Turkey plays a pivotal role in the European migration crisis, but it could be at breaking point, says Mark Mardell.

As Jamal talks, he fingers a creased, worn photocopy of seven faded pictures. The faces of 13 dead members of his family stare from the paper. They were all Kurds from Syria, who drowned when their boat sank off the Turkish coast on the way to Greece. "This is my wife, Nejah Akli. That's my daughter-in-law, Sherin Muzafar. These are my grandchildren, Ma'sum and Muhamet… "The engine died. It happened at around eight in the morning - we'd only crossed halfway and were still in Turkish waters," says Jamal. "Water flooded in and the boat began to sink. Ten of the children and three of the women were trapped below deck. We were in the water for four hours and then a fisherman rescued us. "He called the coastguard. We told them that 13 people were still under the water and begged them to do something. We said, 'Brothers, please do something to help us, for the sake of God and for the sake of [the prophet] Muhammad.'"

_88312487_lifevests.jpg

Life jackets litter the trees near the beach​

The tragedy happened three months ago, and many others have suffered such grotesque loss since then. Turkey is a pivotal country, in a critical region. For the European Union, it is the key to solving the migration crisis that haunts the continent. We are in a tiny house in the back streets of Izmir, with Jamal and the other survivors - his son and his wife and three teenage daughters. "I thought I would never get out alive," said 14-year-old Hemri. "When we were rescued, I just kept crying and crying. All I could think of was where was my mum - I kept asking them. I asked the fishermen, 'Please look everywhere - see if you can find them.'" The EU believes if it can stop people making the journey by boat to Greece, those who make it over the Syrian border will stay in Turkey.

_88308702_mark-mardell3.jpg

Refugees live with no sanitation in the unofficial Torbuli camp in Turkey​

Jamal does not think many will be persuaded. "Syria is gone, Syria no longer exists," he says. "Prices of goods are high here in Turkey. The rent for this small, shattered house is $300 (£210) a month. Our children can't go to school here - education isn't available for us. "Europe is better because the Europeans are caring and kind-hearted. Europe respects human beings and cares about human rights." A little later I am standing on a scrubby hillside above a little cove, looking out at a rough gunmetal sea and the low shadowy outline of an island, like a luring, promised land. More famed in the past for the poet Sappho's sexuality, the Greek island of Lesbos, just six miles from the Turkish coast, is now seen as one gateway to the European Union. The litter strewn around the rocks and pine trees tells a story. Life jackets, foot pumps, inflatable rubber rings, a child's rucksack in the shape of a frog, a pair of underpants.

Turkey's 2014 !!!

"In southern Turkey anger is growing against Syrian refugees who have been streaming across the border since their country erupted into bloody civil conflict.

The Turkish government has been in the front line of what has become a major humanitarian crisis. Despite its best efforts, and those of international aid organisations, conditions inside the many refugee camps set up along the border remain extremely harsh.

These Turkish and NGO-run centres do not have sufficient capacity to cope with the vast influx and towns and cities in the region have found themselves hosting the overflow of desperate Syrians.

Almost inevitably, this has led to tensions with local people who, at first, received the refugees in sympathy and understanding.

However, as the numbers have grown so have accusations of criminality activity. As our reporter in the region found out, attitudes have hardened and tensions have risen to boiling point."

Turkey's 2015 !!!

"A new front may be opening up in Europe’s refugee crisis, with increasing numbers of people looking to head for the Greek border by land via Turkey on buses.

In Istanbul police were deployed at the bus station to control the flow of people heading west, wanting to avoid the cost and danger of attempting a sea crossing. The police stopped hundreds of people, mainly Syrians, from boarding.

At Edirne close to the Greek border police briefly set up roadblocks and bus services to there were suspended. Hundreds began to gather at the bottleneck, with many taking to the
hills or the highway to walk into Greece.

Turkey has the world’s largest refugee population, over two million people, but conditions are hard and there is no work, so more are leaving the safety of the camps for something they hope will better.

“We want to cross into Greece and stop resorting to traffickers. That’s what we want, you know? We want to cross peacefully. Now we are staging a sit-in,” said one Syrian man.

Turkey says it has already spent 5.7 billion euros on refugees from Syria and Iraq, but it is able to provide shelter and little more."

Forum List

Back