Redskins Name Controversy

TheOldSchool

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
last stop for sanity before reaching the south
I love the Redskins. They've tried they're hardest to beat me down as a fan over the 25 years of my lifetime... but I was born bleeding Burgundy and Gold and I'll die bleeding Burgundy and Gold.

What does "Redskins" mean to me? It means 3 Superbowls, the Hogs, and the last bastion of running the football in the NFL.

Do I hate Native Americans*??? Absolutely not. I'm damn proud to be a fan of the Redskins... fierce warriors who strike fear into their opponents.

Stop being so lame please everyone.

*The Oneida nation can suck my balls. Oops.

Yeah, what's the big deal? The government committed genocide on those dirty injun savages long before the NFL was created. We stole their land because they were no match for the power of the U.S. military. So we can trash their name if we want to. USA! USA! USA! Let's have a team with the "N" word. PFT!

Last edited:
  • Banned
Yeah, what's the big deal? The government committed genocide on those dirty injun savages long before the NFL was created. We stole their land because they were no match for the power of the U.S. military. So we can trash their name if we want to. USA! USA! USA! Let's have a team with the "N" word. PFT!

Thanks for that unintelligible rant :cool:

I don't see the big deal. The redskins have been a team for almost 100 years (including when they were the boston redskins). Just one more thing for people to piss and moan about I guess.

Faux outrage is the new normal. It was funny as hell when the Florida Seminole Indian tribe told the NCAA 'Hey, wait a second. We like having a football team named after us. Buzz off.' (ok, I was paraphrasing a bit)

Thanks for that unintelligible rant :cool:
Your inability to understand sarcasm is equal to your bigotry.

I know this is something I fret over day in and day out while I'm thinking of what to make for my families dinner

my gawd some people need to be put of their miserable lives this is a priority in it

At 3-6 there is little chance the Skins will be in the playoffs AKA the national spotlight this season.

With little attention being paid them this won't be a good year to cry about the team's name.

If Washington had in fact beat the Vikings last night then at 4-5 there would have still been an outside chance to make a post season run and an opportunity for the crybabies to take advantage of the outrage which is the name of the team in DC.

Fuck it. Change the name. My definition of 'Redskin' from now on after last night is "20 years of unimaginable embarrassment."

Even when Sonny played QB the Skins have lost. Mr. brown should have had a ring from the Super Bowl more than once.

Skins gave up the game in the last quarter, same with Oklahoma Sooners and the Oregon Ducks.

Fuck it. Change the name. My definition of 'Redskin' from now on after last night is "20 years of unimaginable embarrassment."

Even when Sonny played QB the Skins have lost. Mr. brown should have had a ring from the Super Bowl more than once.

Skins gave up the game in the last quarter, same with Oklahoma Sooners and the Oregon Ducks.

Yup. Speaking of Ducks... there's a billion ducks around here maybe that would make a good new name. With a goose turd as the logo.

How many other professional sports teams carry a nickname that was historically an expressly pejorative term?

That said, I'm not offended by it personally and I don't give two shits about whether they change it or not. But IMO they're just being stubborn assholes by insisting on keeping it.

Yup. Speaking of Ducks... there's a billion ducks around here maybe that would make a good new name. With a goose turd as the logo.

Going with the Hogs theme, and since they're from DC, I suggest the Washington Pork Barrels.

With their record, they could change their name to the FORESKINS. Good for nothing, excessive waste.

Forum List

Back