California Becomes First State To Ban 'Redskins' Team Name

Well, all you ignorant white racists can celebrate Columbus Day tomorrow. That should make you all feel better...and superior. Columbus Day for Native Americans is a day of mourning.

Cry me a river. If they were as concerned as they are now 350 years ago, they'd be in better shape. They list the war and theur right to complain. To the Victor go the Spoils.

As for tomorrow..... I will "celebrate" by getting up at 4:30, going to work for 10 hours, and then having to watch a niece and three nephews for most of the evening. Not exactly a Holiday in my book.

Yeah, work and juveniles are a bitch. Have a nice day.

What happens now? When the Washington Redskins play in the peoples republik of California they become the Washington xxxxers?

The same thing that happened in Minnesota last year. They are just referred to as Washington. They don't play in CA this year so not an issue yet.
The law the buckskin is bemoaning only covers California public school teams. So they wrote a law that does nothing. Next year they can waste money banning the "Chiefs" used by any school and the year after that the "braves".

Yeah, work and juveniles are a bitch. Have a nice day.

Work on a good day is a pain in my ass. On a holiday, where certain people will be out to deal with children out of school and their own desires for a 3-day weekend, it can be downright insanity inducing.

Juveniles who are not mine, who have no sense of etiquette or discipline, and whom I am not allowed to educate in either topic. I don't like seeing this kids at their home, nevermind in mine.

Since current team owner, Dan Snyder, is a Jew - I have a dandy suggestion for a new team name:

main-qimg-c10e251c6ed09aa2ba266d9b45bb1a55

How ya like that, Dan?

WOW. I knew California was full of cowards, pacifists and history revisionists but I never really expected their Government to SURRENDER to an enemy we'd conquered a century ago.

Well, all you ignorant white racists can celebrate Columbus Day tomorrow. That should make you all feel better...and superior. Columbus Day for Native Americans is a day of mourning.
When I read your posts I regret that we didn't kill them all.

Its when I see comments like that when I wish we had a fuck you button.

WOW. I knew California was full of cowards, pacifists and history revisionists but I never really expected their Government to SURRENDER to an enemy we'd conquered a century ago.

When I read your posts I regret that we didn't kill them all.

Its when I see comments like that when I wish we had a fuck you button.

:desk:

:up_yours:

.......:How ya like that, Dan?

He's laughi g all the way to the bank on a weekly basis. The US Government WON'T make him change the name. The NFL CAN'T make him change the name. You've got about another 45 years before he sells the team, so get used to it.

How many here without googling it can name a Califorina public school that uses the name Redskins as a team name, nickname, or mascot? Now since we are into banning school names that we find offensive which one offends you that you would like to see banned? Since I'm part Irish I find the fighting Irish of Notre Dame sterotypical and offensive and in need of change. Who else has one?

The founder of the team was a racist - and the team name was meant to be racist.

The Racist Redskins

When George Preston Marshall died in 1969, he left some money to his children but directed that the bulk of his estate be used to set up a foundation in his name. He attached, however, one firm condition: that the foundation, operating out of Washington, D.C., should not direct a single dollar toward “any purpose which supports or employs the principle of racial integration in any form.” Think about that. This was not 1929 or 1949. Even in 1960 such a diktat might have been, well, “understandable” in a Southern city such as Washington then was. But 1969; “in any form.”

This is the man who gave the Washington Redskins their name. He was one of the most despicable racists in the American sporting arena of the entire 20th century. He thought Redskins was funny, just as he thought the war paint and feather headdress he made the head coach wear were funny. And this is the legacy that current Redskins owner Dan Snyder wants to uphold?

Most famously of all, Marshall was the last owner to accept a black player—fully 15 years after the ban was lifted. And his team drafted an African-American then (in 1961) only because it was forced to by the government—the then-new stadium that we call RFK Stadium today was built on Department of Interior land, which permitted the Kennedy administration to order the lessee (the team) to adhere to federal nondiscrimination policies. In other words, Marshall wasn’t merely a standard-issue racist of the time, like H.L. Mencken or countless others. He was diseased. He seethed with hatred of nonwhite people. And “Redskins” is his handiwork. Because “Braves” wasn’t quite descriptive enough.

More: The Racist Redskins

What is this sick obsession the OP has with the name Redskin? what is wrong with it??

My God PC people are screwballs! :cuckoo:

Nobody gives a shit

What is this sick obsession the OP has with the name Redskin? what is wrong with it??

My God PC people are screwballs! :cuckoo:
It offends their pretend Indian. how shallow and petty what some obsess over. and now they are cheering a bunch of worthless politicians proclaiming they won't say or use Redskin . the need to kick them out of office for wasting their money and time

The founder of the team was a racist - and the team name was meant to be racist.

The Racist Redskins

When George Preston Marshall died in 1969, he left some money to his children but directed that the bulk of his estate be used to set up a foundation in his name. He attached, however, one firm condition: that the foundation, operating out of Washington, D.C., should not direct a single dollar toward “any purpose which supports or employs the principle of racial integration in any form.” Think about that. This was not 1929 or 1949. Even in 1960 such a diktat might have been, well, “understandable” in a Southern city such as Washington then was. But 1969; “in any form.”

This is the man who gave the Washington Redskins their name. He was one of the most despicable racists in the American sporting arena of the entire 20th century. He thought Redskins was funny, just as he thought the war paint and feather headdress he made the head coach wear were funny. And this is the legacy that current Redskins owner Dan Snyder wants to uphold?

Most famously of all, Marshall was the last owner to accept a black player—fully 15 years after the ban was lifted. And his team drafted an African-American then (in 1961) only because it was forced to by the government—the then-new stadium that we call RFK Stadium today was built on Department of Interior land, which permitted the Kennedy administration to order the lessee (the team) to adhere to federal nondiscrimination policies. In other words, Marshall wasn’t merely a standard-issue racist of the time, like H.L. Mencken or countless others. He was diseased. He seethed with hatred of nonwhite people. And “Redskins” is his handiwork. Because “Braves” wasn’t quite descriptive enough.

More: The Racist Redskins

"The team originated as the Boston Braves, based in Boston, Massachusetts, in 1932, under the ownership of George Preston Marshall. At the time the team played in Braves Field, home of the Boston Braves baseball team. The following year the club moved to Fenway Park, home of the Boston Red Sox, whereupon owners changed the team's name to the Boston Redskins to suggest a kinship with the Red Sox and to continue utilizing the Braves uniforms."

Washington Redskins - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Forum List

Back