Redneck-the last racist target

I guess minifold has gone off the charts but there is another little society quirk that kind of dovetails with the redneck bigotry. The notion that you will be killed if you venture into some neighborhoods in the inner city. We rednecks have been taught by pop culture and even hollywood that if you take a wrong turn and find yourself in the inner city and (god forbid) knock on a door or ask directions you risk being killed. No surprise, the motive is clear, the white boy shouldn't have been there.

all he needs is water...10 years worth of food stored...that would take a wee bit of room...most people really puff the amount of rations and ammo they have.....

plus you gonna kill the starving city kids......and babies....or just gonna let the dogs eat them......i want to know why suddenly its the city folks against the country folks....or do you see all country folks as conservatives and all city folks as liberals?

and where are people gonna get the seeds to plant......how many people are growing heirloom veggies and such? we grow food...we actually know what we are talking about.....its not as easy as people make it out to be....there are a lot of things we cannot put on the table by growing....we are limited by the soil and climate

Realistically, Strolling, here's about how it would be.

First of all, there's an increasing divide between urban and rural America that's been growing and deepening since WW II. There's a political dimension to it, but basically it's more about culture, attitude, and lifestyle, and fundamental interests and needs that are not only opposed to each other, but likely cannot be reconciled. City people tend to see their lifestyle as dynamic, modern and exciting, and think of themselves as smarter, better-educatedand otherwise superior to us rural folks. Now, as you might imagine, we see it a bit differently; we see city people as cold, impersonal, exploitative, and ready to run roughshod over our way of life to sustain theirs. That's a pretty good ground for enmity.

Now, for all the amenities of the big cities, they are not self-sustaining. Suppose there's a complete breakdown, whether due to natural or man-made disaster. Those cities become deathtraps. Suppose there's no power, no utilities, no law and order, suppose vehicles don't work, and there's little to no fuel to power them. Food gets short; the population fights for what's left. Unless they got out early on, they will be unable to drive out; they will have to walk out.In the meantime, the cramped surroundings and lack of sanitation will be a perfect breeding ground for disease. At this point, some roving bands MAY make it out to the countryside to forage for food. There, however, they will have to fight armed bands of country folks who grew up hunting those woodlands, and know every inch of them. Any advantage in numbers will be more than offset by that familiarity with the terrain. I would imagine that critical bridges and the like will be blocked or destroyed early on. Refugees from the city may be mean enough, and well-armed enough, to fight, but the terrain and experience in it will favor us. They will encounter ambushes and booby traps, and well conceived kill zones. Those not skilled in fieldcraft will not recognize reasonably well-built traps, from punji pits to Malay gates to simple snares. Those who have survived the fighting inside the cities will be tough, but will face equally tough opposition in an unfamiliar environment-a recipe for disaster. They won't last long.

No one out here will go into the cities; no reason to. Rural people will band together, and usually will have one big advantage;they know each other. Unless an outsider has a needed skill to contribute in a subsistence survival situation, there will be little to no incentive to take in their "city cousins". Instead, county folk will look out for each other first. There will be no demand out here for people who have business or finance skills, no demand for lawyers, salesmen or MBA's or Sociology professors. If you do not have medical, mechanical, or engineering skills, or something else to contribute to the basic survival of the local community, you will most likely have nothing to barter with us, no reason for us to take you in. It won't be a matter of enmity or compassion by that point, just cold, calculated survival-pull your weight, or die. Can we grow everything we would like? No, but we can grow what we need to survive.

After five years, only a handful of city people will have survived, probably less than 1%. Those ugly cities will be dead, no-go zones, already crumbling. By contrast, 70-80 % of the rural population will have survived, some precariously, but survived. Life will be on a nineteenth-century level, but it will be livable, though difficult.

:lmao:

This clown thinks everybody is either a city slicker or a country bumpkin.

Quite the contrary, Manifold. I'll address what would happen to most of the suburbs and smaller cities later, but that's not a particularly attractive picture, either.

Don't think so. City slickers tend to be sissies too worried aboud breaking a nail to be involved in such aggressive and suicidal behavior.

Clearly you don't know shit about, well... anything.

I guess all those gun toting gang bangers are from the country huh? :lol:

Those critters can't even figger out how to wear a cap much less how to hold a pistol!
They would likely shoot themselves before they had a chance bother anyone else!
Somebody needs to tell them that the sights are on the TOP of a handgun; not the side.

Listen and learn. My 10 year old Grandson has been bringing home venison for a couple of years now and small game from considerably before that. Anything within 200yds is not much of a challenge for him. He is not unusual for those of us raised in the country. All the crips and bloods in LA wouldn't make a match for a troop of country raised Boy Scouts. WORD

I agree, that's why I come from a family of country born and raised gun-toting black racists. It seems the klan avoided our neck of the woods in western Maryland. Got an H&R jr model 20 gauge for my 8th birthday and been armed ever since.

Jacobs1stdeer.jpg

all he needs is water...10 years worth of food stored...that would take a wee bit of room...most people really puff the amount of rations and ammo they have.....

plus you gonna kill the starving city kids......and babies....or just gonna let the dogs eat them......i want to know why suddenly its the city folks against the country folks....or do you see all country folks as conservatives and all city folks as liberals?

and where are people gonna get the seeds to plant......how many people are growing heirloom veggies and such? we grow food...we actually know what we are talking about.....its not as easy as people make it out to be....there are a lot of things we cannot put on the table by growing....we are limited by the soil and climate

First of all, there's an increasing divide between urban and rural America that's been growing and deepening since WW II. There's a political dimension to it, but basically it's more about culture, attitude, and lifestyle, and fundamental interests and needs that are not only opposed to each other, but likely cannot be reconciled. City people tend to see their lifestyle as dynamic, modern and exciting, and think of themselves as smarter, better-educatedand otherwise superior to us rural folks. Now, as you might imagine, we see it a bit differently; we see city people as cold, impersonal, exploitative, and ready to run roughshod over our way of life to sustain theirs. That's a pretty good ground for enmity.

Now, for all the amenities of the big cities, they are not self-sustaining. Suppose there's a complete breakdown, whether due to natural or man-made disaster. Those cities become deathtraps. Suppose there's no power, no utilities, no law and order, suppose vehicles don't work, and there's little to no fuel to power them. Food gets short; the population fights for what's left. Unless they got out early on, they will be unable to drive out; they will have to walk out.In the meantime, the cramped surroundings and lack of sanitation will be a perfect breeding ground for disease. At this point, some roving bands MAY make it out to the countryside to forage for food. There, however, they will have to fight armed bands of country folks who grew up hunting those woodlands, and know every inch of them. Any advantage in numbers will be more than offset by that familiarity with the terrain. I would imagine that critical bridges and the like will be blocked or destroyed early on. Refugees from the city may be mean enough, and well-armed enough, to fight, but the terrain and experience in it will favor us. They will encounter ambushes and booby traps, and well conceived kill zones. Those not skilled in fieldcraft will not recognize reasonably well-built traps, from punji pits to Malay gates to simple snares. Those who have survived the fighting inside the cities will be tough, but will face equally tough opposition in an unfamiliar environment-a recipe for disaster. They won't last long.

No one out here will go into the cities; no reason to. Rural people will band together, and usually will have one big advantage;they know each other. Unless an outsider has a needed skill to contribute in a subsistence survival situation, there will be little to no incentive to take in their "city cousins". Instead, county folk will look out for each other first. There will be no demand out here for people who have business or finance skills, no demand for lawyers, salesmen or MBA's or Sociology professors. If you do not have medical, mechanical, or engineering skills, or something else to contribute to the basic survival of the local community, you will most likely have nothing to barter with us, no reason for us to take you in. It won't be a matter of enmity or compassion by that point, just cold, calculated survival-pull your weight, or die. Can we grow everything we would like? No, but we can grow what we need to survive.

After five years, only a handful of city people will have survived, probably less than 1%. Those ugly cities will be dead, no-go zones, already crumbling. By contrast, 70-80 % of the rural population will have survived, some precariously, but survived. Life will be on a nineteenth-century level, but it will be livable, though difficult.

When I lived in TN, I went to the first Governor's Conference on Pandemic Avian Flu. The picture you paint here is exactly the same as the Secretary of Health painted as to what would happen should avian flu ever become transmissible human to human as it comes in waves and all the essential services go down. They told us that everone needs a plan. Every individual needs a plan, every community needs a plan. And it was incumbent upon those of us attending to take that back to our work places. I did. No doubt all the others did. I was met with the same attitude that we are being met with here. Complete denial.

Well, I have my individual plan. And as long as I work in health care I will get the avian flu shot. If/when this event occurs, there will be a culling of our population. That was announced there as well. Now, I don't have 1000 rounds of ammo for every gun I own the way a guy I know has, but I do have my plan. I may not make it. But I will make it longer than some.

When I lived in TN, I went to the first Governor's Conference on Pandemic Avian Flu. The picture you paint here is exactly the same as the Secretary of Health painted as to what would happen should avian flu ever become transmissible human to human as it comes in waves and all the essential services go down. They told us that everone needs a plan. Every individual needs a plan, every community needs a plan. And it was incumbent upon those of us attending to take that back to our work places. I did. No doubt all the others did. I was met with the same attitude that we are being met with here. Complete denial.

Well, I have my individual plan. And as long as I work in health care I will get the avian flu shot. If/when this event occurs, there will be a culling of our population. That was announced there as well. Now, I don't have 1000 rounds of ammo for every gun I own the way a guy I know has, but I do have my plan. I may not make it. But I will make it longer than some.

Sunshine,
You are quite correct.Those with a plan will have a better chance of survival in a truly national or worldwide disaster, no matter what the cause. Well, to put it another way, those WITH a plan will have SOME (indeterminate) chance at surviving; those WITHOUT a plan (the vast majority), will have essentially NO chance at all. As demonstrated in more localized disasters, most people will not have a plan; I suppose it's human nature to not want to think about the "unthinkable". The pandemic scenario just happens to be one of the worst; it's far from the only one. In any such event, there may well be no governmental plan, even on a local level, that will be effective in the long term, where any help, (if indeed it ever comes at all) will be long delayed. In any case the urban cores will be the least survivable places, followed by the surrounding suburbs and smaller cities. The latter, even if not overrun by refugees from the cities, are likely to not be habitable for long once the infrastructure fails; for most, lack of a potable water supply will be the greatest challenge, with too dense a population being a close second. There, as elsewhere, most people will likely act (or react) too late. The best survival scenario is for small groups of people in either isolated small towns or rural environments; these will be the people most likely to have a chance at sustaining themselves at a subsistence level in the long term. Some isolated military units/posts may get by as well. Even so, the relatively small number of survivors will be barely scraping by for some years.In the best case, some may get limited power functioning again, mostly with diesel generators running on bio-diesel (assuming they have the land and know-how to produce limited amounts of it). It will likely be years before the surviving population will have the numbers to even contemplate recovering significant infrastructure facilities (power and water plants and the like); by then, most of those may well have deteriorated beyond repair. It's a pretty grim picture, which is why most people simply would rather not contemplate it and prepare for it.

For the record, you all suck at reasoned speculation.

If civilization collapses, whatever caused it will have likely also wiped out a huge portion of the population. So you can take all your retarded hypotheticals and prognostications and shove'm up your ass because odds are you won't be around anymore anyhow. :thup:

Sunshine,
You are quite correct.Those with a plan will have a better chance of survival in a truly national or worldwide disaster, no matter what the cause. Well, to put it another way, those WITH a plan will have SOME (indeterminate) chance at surviving; those WITHOUT a plan (the vast majority), will have essentially NO chance at all. As demonstrated in more localized disasters, most people will not have a plan; I suppose it's human nature to not want to think about the "unthinkable". The pandemic scenario just happens to be one of the worst; it's far from the only one. In any such event, there may well be no governmental plan, even on a local level, that will be effective in the long term, where any help, (if indeed it ever comes at all) will be long delayed. In any case the urban cores will be the least survivable places, followed by the surrounding suburbs and smaller cities. The latter, even if not overrun by refugees from the cities, are likely to not be habitable for long once the infrastructure fails; for most, lack of a potable water supply will be the greatest challenge, with too dense a population being a close second. There, as elsewhere, most people will likely act (or react) too late. The best survival scenario is for small groups of people in either isolated small towns or rural environments; these will be the people most likely to have a chance at sustaining themselves at a subsistence level in the long term. Some isolated military units/posts may get by as well. Even so, the relatively small number of survivors will be barely scraping by for some years.In the best case, some may get limited power functioning again, mostly with diesel generators running on bio-diesel (assuming they have the land and know-how to produce limited amounts of it). It will likely be years before the surviving population will have the numbers to even contemplate recovering significant infrastructure facilities (power and water plants and the like); by then, most of those may well have deteriorated beyond repair. It's a pretty grim picture, which is why most people simply would rather not contemplate it and prepare for it.

In the case of pandemmic avian flu, they announced that the feds would not be helping.

As long as I'm useful to sociey, I will get immunizations. After that, it's curtains! LOL

Last edited:

If civilization collapses, whatever caused it will have likely also wiped out a huge portion of the population. So you can take all your retarded hypotheticals and prognostications and shove'm up your ass because odds are you won't be around anymore anyhow. :thup:

Tell that to your government who put the word out that we should ALL have a plan!

Tell that to your government who put the word out that we should ALL have a plan!

I'm sure I never said you shouldn't have a plan. :thup:

I'm sure I never said you shouldn't have a plan. :thup:

It was YOUR governement, and YOUR Bush administration that painted that, what did you call it, 'retarded hypotheticals and prognostications.' It is too bad that everyone could not have heard what I heard that day in Nashville.

If I were younger, I would probably be laying by the 1000 rounds of ammo for each of my guns, but I'm pretty sure that what I have will do me just fine at my age and in my general physical condition. I would be toast running out of my medicine quicker than if I ran out of food. There are some pretty tasty little squirrels in these parts!

Reloading (handloading) ammo is no big deal once you are set up for it.
Functional bows and arrows can be made from avaliable material and don't attact attention with noise.

What you have might be important. What you know would be critical.

Maybe, maybe not; that depends on what happens, where it happens, and how it happens. There obviously is no guarantee of survival for any of us; but that does not mean that with some planning and forethought, we can't maximize whatever chance of survival we do have. Short of a true extinction-level event, there WILL be survivors, and I am going to do my best to be one of them. Some of us would rather die trying, than die without trying at all. Of course, you are free to stick your head in the sand and ignore the possibilities-it's your funeral.

But in my lifetime I've never heard so much doomsday talk as there is today, even coming from our own government.

Forum List

Back