Redneck-the last racist target

Nat-Geo formerly known as National Geographic tried a new reality show titled "Rocket City Rednecks". In case you didn't get the joke it seems that smart people who have the engineering skills to develop and launch rockets actually ....get this....talk with a southern accent. That's it. I haven't seen it in a while so I expect it lasted about three shows. The Nashville Network has a show coming up called "Redneck Vacations". A lot of people might assume that the Nashville Network is a hick company but it's pure MTV Hollywood. The gist of the show is to exploit people with Southern accents and pretend they are ignorant of everything that makes America great. Just imagine a dumb Hillbilly renting an exclusive hotel room in NYC. It's a yuk a minute ain't it?
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=THphATy5ji4]Sharon Tate "The Beverly Hillbillies:The Garden Party" - YouTube[/ame]

whitehall said:
Redneck-the last racist target

I agree that generally speaking rednecks are racist, but they're hardly that last remaining racists.

You can say that city people are soft but when you say that they are soft targets it has quite a different connotation. When you assume that Southern White males are racist you make an ass..(of) u..(and) me.

Segments of society (and maybe all of society) need a victim to ridicule in order to feel good about themselves. During WW2 the US promoted extreme racist hatred toward the Japanese and to the Germans to a lesser extent to keep up morale back home and keep up the hatred for the enemy. Polish jokes and even Italian jokes used to be the rage. In today's kinder gentler society it isn't polite to ridicule anyone except....you guessed it Southern White males. The South has been a subject of derision since it was defeated almost 150 years ago and Rednecks are the last target for ridicule.

If you spend more time commuting to and from your place of employment then you do actually working there...

You might be an city slicker.

I meant to post this on Christmas...for our friends in the Northeast. :p

My commute home 12-23-2011.

IMAG0058-1.jpg

IMAG0059-1.jpg

Yes, that's a 6. :lol:

Last edited:
we prefer appalachian americans, thank you and we are heavily armed.....

heavy arms and dragging knuckles is nothing to be proud of bones. :)

There you go. It didn't take long for the bit of racism and hatred to creep in to the post. Ridicule for the South has become a knee-jerk reaction and the hate mongers don't even realize it.

if you are addressing me....you can kiss my appalachian american ass.....

if you are talking to the manie the evil.....then you really get to develop a sense of humor

we prefer appalachian americans, thank you and we are heavily armed.....

heavy arms and dragging knuckles is nothing to be proud of bones. :)

There you go. It didn't take long for the bit of racism and hatred to creep in to the post. Ridicule for the South has become a knee-jerk reaction and the hate mongers don't even realize it.

How many toilets and/or cars on blocks do you have in your yard?

is one of them a 70's area Trans Am?

White southerners, I'll guess we'll have to wait until 2050 when we're a minority to play our race card when the Hispanics run the show. I'm pretty sure they'll still be calling us rednecks. You have to be a minority under their rules to be discriminated against and endlessly stereotyped yet able to complain about they hypocrisy of it.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I4s0nzsU1Wg&list=FLp9y7hX-ZD-bRh-fgxbLBog&index=62&feature=plpp_video]A Country Boy Can Survive - YouTube[/ame]

If civilization collapses, city dwellers will starve to death. Country folks will do just fine.

Forum List

Back