Red, White, & Blue Is Racist

Spare_change

Gold Member
Jun 27, 2011
Students from one Iowan high school recently apologized to the administrators of another Iowan high school when people found their choice of red, white and blue attire offensive.

Supporters of the Des Moines North High School basketball team, many of whose players are from refugee families, were offended when fans of Valley High School’s basketball team wore red, white and blue last week, The College Fix reports.

“This is an example of BLATANT racism,” said Ty Leggett, a Valley High School alum, on the Valley High School – WDMCS Facebook page. “ALL participating should have been pulled and banned from ALL VHS extracurricular events for the remainder of the year! As a parent, I’d be mortified that my son or daughter thought this way, acted in this fashion and refrained from taking a stand against this 21st century inexcusable behavior!”

Erin Ness Carter, a mother living in the Iowan district, remarked that “for the supporters of one team from a primarily white part of town to paint themselves as the ‘team of the USA’ it strongly implies that the other team, the less white team, is less American.”

Some individuals defended the Valley High students.

“Now we can’t wear USA stuff without making someone upset?” asked Melissa Fraas-Bader, another Valley High alum. “Oh please….”

“This country is the United States of America and our country colors are red, white, and blue no matter what color of skin you have or what race you are,” said Mallorie Paige Sander, a current Valley High student. “The intentions to offend anyone by wearing USA themed clothing was no where in the thoughts of any of our student body, why would it be? We all live in America.”

The assistant coach of Valley’s opponent, Des Moines North, had different thoughts.

“Any normal person, any educated person can look at that and think what the hell are these kids thinking,” said Morgan Wheat, assistant coach of the Des Moines North basketball team, according to WHO-TV.com. “Kids are kids, I get it, but I do have questions. I want to know why.”

Des Moines North coach Chad Ryan also reflected on the incident to The Des Moines Register.

“I don’t want to judge those young people not knowing their motives,” said Ryan. “What I will say is we’re proud of our diversity at North High School — not only on our basketball team, but our population.”

“It’s been good for us, as a school. They learn from each other about people with different cultures and backgrounds — and we try to use it as an educational piece.”

One Valley High School student, Dayna Dunnwald, noted that the school’s students had dressed with a USA-theme instead of their black and orange school colors “many times in the past.”

“A lot of people were very upset about it,” explained DeNasja Spencer, a sophomore at Des Moines North, to KCCI. “Even if that was their theme for the game, I feel like they should have switched that because everyone knows North is a more diverse school.”

Valley High School student leaders drafted and delivered a letter to the principal of Des Moines North.

“We are deeply sorry if we have offended anyone in any way,” reads the statement, in part. “We have traditionally dressed in such a fashion for great games such as the one last night. Everyone here at Valley has immense respect not only for your team and players but for your community as a whole. Please know that our intent was in no way to offend or demean—just to support our own team in a way we have done before.”

Students from one Iowan high school recently apologized to the administrators of another Iowan high school when people found their choice of red, white and blue attire offensive.

Supporters of the Des Moines North High School basketball team, many of whose players are from refugee families, were offended when fans of Valley High School’s basketball team wore red, white and blue last week, The College Fix reports.

“This is an example of BLATANT racism,” said Ty Leggett, a Valley High School alum, on the Valley High School – WDMCS Facebook page. “ALL participating should have been pulled and banned from ALL VHS extracurricular events for the remainder of the year! As a parent, I’d be mortified that my son or daughter thought this way, acted in this fashion and refrained from taking a stand against this 21st century inexcusable behavior!”

Erin Ness Carter, a mother living in the Iowan district, remarked that “for the supporters of one team from a primarily white part of town to paint themselves as the ‘team of the USA’ it strongly implies that the other team, the less white team, is less American.”

“Now we can’t wear USA stuff without making someone upset?” asked Melissa Fraas-Bader, another Valley High alum. “Oh please….”

“This country is the United States of America and our country colors are red, white, and blue no matter what color of skin you have or what race you are,” said Mallorie Paige Sander, a current Valley High student. “The intentions to offend anyone by wearing USA themed clothing was no where in the thoughts of any of our student body, why would it be? We all live in America.”

The assistant coach of Valley’s opponent, Des Moines North, had different thoughts.

“Any normal person, any educated person can look at that and think what the hell are these kids thinking,” said Morgan Wheat, assistant coach of the Des Moines North basketball team, according to WHO-TV.com. “Kids are kids, I get it, but I do have questions. I want to know why.”

Des Moines North coach Chad Ryan also reflected on the incident to The Des Moines Register.

“I don’t want to judge those young people not knowing their motives,” said Ryan. “What I will say is we’re proud of our diversity at North High School — not only on our basketball team, but our population.”

“It’s been good for us, as a school. They learn from each other about people with different cultures and backgrounds — and we try to use it as an educational piece.”

One Valley High School student, Dayna Dunnwald, noted that the school’s students had dressed with a USA-theme instead of their black and orange school colors “many times in the past.”

“A lot of people were very upset about it,” explained DeNasja Spencer, a sophomore at Des Moines North, to KCCI. “Even if that was their theme for the game, I feel like they should have switched that because everyone knows North is a more diverse school.”

Valley High School student leaders drafted and delivered a letter to the principal of Des Moines North.

“We are deeply sorry if we have offended anyone in any way,” reads the statement, in part. “We have traditionally dressed in such a fashion for great games such as the one last night. Everyone here at Valley has immense respect not only for your team and players but for your community as a whole. Please know that our intent was in no way to offend or demean—just to support our own team in a way we have done before.”

This is both sad and funny to me,
ridiculously tragic!

And yes I come from a high school where the "unofficial" song was Dixie.
The real school song was something else, but it was a tradition to play Dixie in a particular jazzy band version that went over well with crowds. No telling what has become of that tradition nowadays, I'm scared to go back and even ask....

No one should ever have to apologize for being patriotic.

If the liberal snowflakes and the refugees are offended by the red, the white, and the blue in any way then they should GTFO of America and go find some other damn country where they aren't offended. :mad:

If the liberal snowflakes and the refugees are offended by the red, the white, and the blue in any way then they should GTFO of America and go find some other damn country where they aren't offended. :mad:

What I don't get is the blind bias, the inability to see
the double standard going on:
If another person or group objects to
transgender or homosexual expressions
as "offensive" -- look how they are treated!
The person who is offended is blamed and victimized.

So it only matters if THEIR viewpoints are offended.
Other people of other viewpoints don't get the same protections or privilege of having institutions changed to accommodate them because something "offends them."

?????

Other people of other viewpoints don't get the same protections or privilege of having institutions changed to accommodate them because something "offends them."

?????

No one gets victimized for being homophobic unless they are in some ultra liberal circumstance.

I don't think any other countries want our losers and rejects.

Why not just tell the whiners to piss off??

Greg

?????

It's the political correctness crap that has been going too far again by overreaching, trying to effectively censor what progressive idiots deem as unpopular and offensive opinions no matter what it might be. :cuckoo:

Last edited:
Trump says Make America Great Again...and stupid people believe that is code for wanting slavery.

?????

It's the political correctness crap that has been going too far again by overreaching, trying to effectively censor what progressive idiots deem as unpopular and offensive opinions no matter what it might be. :cuckoo:
If the team frequently colours up on the old RW&B then there is no problem If not and it was aimed at suggesting that they are more American than their opponents then here we call that "sledging". I would suggest that the RW&B team probably won. Nothing to do with ability of course.

But why is this newsworthy? Oh sorry; it IS FAKEnewsworthy.

Greg

The Marriage License was born out of Racism...

?????????????????????????????????????????

Government marriage licenses were first introduced in the US (Alabama) in the late 19th century as a tool to prevent marriage between blacks and whites.

Marriage licenses have been required in Massachusetts since 1639.

Marriage banns (announcement of intent to marry) have been required in most churches for centuries. These banns were even made into law in some countries/states. However, the state did not have the authority to deny a marriage, only to require the ecclesiastical announcement.

It wasn't until the late 19th century that government permission to marry was first instituted (some incorrectly claim this is a throwback to the 'approval of the king' historical precedent, but it wasn't). It was a way for southern Democrats to control interracial marriage - a condition that guaranteed automatic disapproval.

Marriage license - Wikipedia

The Marriage License was born out of Racism...

?????????????????????????????????????????

Government marriage licenses were first introduced in the US (Alabama) in the late 19th century as a tool to prevent marriage between blacks and whites.

Marriage licenses have been required in Massachusetts since 1639.

Until the 16th century, Christian churches accepted the validity of a marriage on the basis of a couple’s declarations. If two people claimed that they had exchanged marital vows—even without witnesses—the Catholic Church accepted that they were validly married

Unless you think the Catholic Church is a government!

Forum List

Back