record cold 2899, record warm 667

Gee, you mean that the planet self corrects, and mankind has no role in it?

Imagine that.

Nope.

A recent article in The Economist stated that “over the past 15 years air temperatures at the Earth’s surface have been flat while greenhouse-gas emissions have continued to soar.” The Economist went to great lengths to point out that “the mismatch between rising greenhouse-gas emissions and not-rising temperatures … does not mean global warming is a delusion.” But the piece was predictably lauded by climate skeptics as “further evidence” of the case against climate change.

Except that … it wasn’t.

Think the Planet Isn't Warming? Check the Ocean : Discovery News

Sea Levels Falling | Ice Age Now
who do you trust?
the ones who want money to fix this "problem"
are the ones who do not?

The Climate Change Controversy ? Are Sea Levels Really Rising? | IMT Green & Clean Journal

Who do you trust?
The ones spend money to back any quack with a theory?

Here's something might might help people understand the relation between the Sun and our Climate

"The fatal flaw in the climate models seems to come from one repeated assumption. The assumption is that positive feedbacks from greenhouse effects can exceed negative feedbacks. While this situation might actually exist over a given time period (and reflect temperature increases during that time period as a result) the average over the long term must net to zero. If it doesn't, then everything we have learned about physics over the last 1000 years is wrong, and perpetual motion is possible. If a climatologist and a physicist were to discuss the matter, the conversation might be as follows:

Climatologist: I have a system of undetermined complexity and undetermined composition, floating and spinning in space. It has a few internal but steady state and minor energy sources. An external energy source radiates 1365 watts per meter squared at it on a constant basis. What will happen?

Physicist: The system will arrive at a steady state temperature which radiates heat to space that equals the total of the energy inputs. Complexity of the system being unknown, and the body spinning in space versus the radiated energy source, there will be cyclic variations in temperature, but the long term average will not change.

Climatologist: Well what if I change the composition of the system?

Physicist: See above.

Climatologist: Perhaps you don't understand my question. The system has an unknown quantity of CO2 in the atmosphere that absorbs energy in the same spectrum as the system is radiating. There are also quantities of carbon and oxygen that are combining to create more CO2 which absorbs more energy. Would this not raise the temperature of the system?

Physicist: There would be a temporary fluctuation in temperature caused by changes in how energy flows through the system, but for the long term average... See above.

Climatologist: But the CO2 would cause a small rise in temperature, which even if it was temporary would cause a huge rise in water vapour which would absorb even more of the energy being radiated by the system. This would have to raise the temperature of the system.

Physicist: There would be a temporary fluctuation in the temperature caused by changes in how energy flows through the system, but for the long term average... see above...."

The Physicist and the Climatologist; FOLLOW THE MONEY!, by David M. Hoffer

It's the Sun that drives climate. We're at a solar minimum, so there's been no evidence of warming these past 15 years

The current solar cycle is in full swing. It's just the number of sun spot is very low. So low in fact that the earth should be cooling. It's not.

Then there is this:

Indeed, add together the net global heat content for the atmosphere, land, ice, surface ocean waters and deep ocean waters, and the total shows a continued, clear — and, in fact, rising — increase. As environmental scientist and climate blogger Dana Nuccitelli, co-author of the aforementioned 2012 paper on ocean warming, points out, this means that “the slowed warming at the surface is only temporary, and consistent with (research indicating the existence of) ‘hiatus decades’ … The global warming end result will be the same, but the pattern of surface warming over time may be different than we expect … while many people wrongly believe global warming has stalled over the past 10–15 years, in reality that period is “the most sustained warming trend” in the past half century. Global warming has not paused, it has accelerated.”

It's not?

Based upon the "Because we say so" method?

Nope.

A recent article in The Economist stated that “over the past 15 years air temperatures at the Earth’s surface have been flat while greenhouse-gas emissions have continued to soar.” The Economist went to great lengths to point out that “the mismatch between rising greenhouse-gas emissions and not-rising temperatures … does not mean global warming is a delusion.” But the piece was predictably lauded by climate skeptics as “further evidence” of the case against climate change.

Except that … it wasn’t.

who do you trust?
are the ones who do not?

The Climate Change Controversy ? Are Sea Levels Really Rising? | IMT Green & Clean Journal

Who do you trust?

Carbon tax - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The problem with every liberal view point is the end result is this
And what The liberal does not understand is that Corporations do not pay 1 penny in taxes
the consumer does
Punishing a power company a "tax" for carbon emissions only harms the consumer

The UN is dead in the middle of this scam

Last edited:
Here's something might might help people understand the relation between the Sun and our Climate

"The fatal flaw in the climate models seems to come from one repeated assumption. The assumption is that positive feedbacks from greenhouse effects can exceed negative feedbacks. While this situation might actually exist over a given time period (and reflect temperature increases during that time period as a result) the average over the long term must net to zero. If it doesn't, then everything we have learned about physics over the last 1000 years is wrong, and perpetual motion is possible. If a climatologist and a physicist were to discuss the matter, the conversation might be as follows:

Climatologist: I have a system of undetermined complexity and undetermined composition, floating and spinning in space. It has a few internal but steady state and minor energy sources. An external energy source radiates 1365 watts per meter squared at it on a constant basis. What will happen?

Physicist: The system will arrive at a steady state temperature which radiates heat to space that equals the total of the energy inputs. Complexity of the system being unknown, and the body spinning in space versus the radiated energy source, there will be cyclic variations in temperature, but the long term average will not change.

Climatologist: Well what if I change the composition of the system?

Physicist: See above.

Climatologist: Perhaps you don't understand my question. The system has an unknown quantity of CO2 in the atmosphere that absorbs energy in the same spectrum as the system is radiating. There are also quantities of carbon and oxygen that are combining to create more CO2 which absorbs more energy. Would this not raise the temperature of the system?

Physicist: There would be a temporary fluctuation in temperature caused by changes in how energy flows through the system, but for the long term average... See above.

Climatologist: But the CO2 would cause a small rise in temperature, which even if it was temporary would cause a huge rise in water vapour which would absorb even more of the energy being radiated by the system. This would have to raise the temperature of the system.

Physicist: There would be a temporary fluctuation in the temperature caused by changes in how energy flows through the system, but for the long term average... see above...."

The Physicist and the Climatologist; FOLLOW THE MONEY!, by David M. Hoffer

It's the Sun that drives climate. We're at a solar minimum, so there's been no evidence of warming these past 15 years

The current solar cycle is in full swing. It's just the number of sun spot is very low. So low in fact that the earth should be cooling. It's not.

Then there is this:

Indeed, add together the net global heat content for the atmosphere, land, ice, surface ocean waters and deep ocean waters, and the total shows a continued, clear — and, in fact, rising — increase. As environmental scientist and climate blogger Dana Nuccitelli, co-author of the aforementioned 2012 paper on ocean warming, points out, this means that “the slowed warming at the surface is only temporary, and consistent with (research indicating the existence of) ‘hiatus decades’ … The global warming end result will be the same, but the pattern of surface warming over time may be different than we expect … while many people wrongly believe global warming has stalled over the past 10–15 years, in reality that period is “the most sustained warming trend” in the past half century. Global warming has not paused, it has accelerated.”

It's not?

The atmospheric temperature is not the only measurement of how much the earth is warming.

NASA - NASA Finds 2012 Sustained Long-Term Climate Warming Trend

Earth's Temperature Tracker : Feature Articles

Then there is this:

It's not?

The atmospheric temperature is not the only measurement of how much the earth is warming.

the earth may be warming, it may be cooling----------the point is that man is not causing it, cannot change it, and is foolish to think he can.

BTW, I live 12 feet above sea level and I can tell you that the sea level has not risen in the last 40 years. I was at 12 feet in 1970 and am at 12 feet today.

But lets test your theory about melting ice caps. How much water would it take to raise the level of all of the oceans 1 inch? can you do that math? Then tell us how much water is currently frozen at the poles. Then compare the two.

It's not?

the earth may be warming, it may be cooling----------the point is that man is not causing it, cannot change it, and is foolish to think he can.

BTW, I live 12 feet above sea level and I can tell you that the sea level has not risen in the last 40 years. I was at 12 feet in 1970 and am at 12 feet today.

But lets test your theory about melting ice caps. How much water would it take to raise the level of all of the oceans 1 inch? can you do that math? Then tell us how much water is currently frozen at the poles. Then compare the two.

Today is not the hottest day I have ever felt so global warming is obviously a myth.

Today is not the hottest day I have ever felt so global warming is obviously a myth.

so instead of trying to answer a meaningful question, you resort to a brain dead attempt at humor. FAIL

who do you trust?
are the ones who do not?

Who do you trust?

And what The liberal does not understand is that Corporations do not pay 1 penny in taxes
the consumer does

What does a carbon tax or corporate taxes have to do with the science of GW or that the earth as a whole is still warming?

Who do you trust?

the consumer does

What does a carbon tax or corporate taxes have to do with the science of GW or that the earth as a whole is still warming?

because it makes frauds like algore richer. It will destroy the economy in a failed attempt to correct an imaginery problem.

If you libs want a real problem, how about working on the pollution being spewed by China and India? How about working on the deforestation of south america?

There are some real environmental issues that need work, but AGW is not one of them.

It's not?

There is no climate model that can prove without a doubt that human activity is the cause of the current warming trend. But then again the climate is so complex there is no model that can predict anything for certain, so it is impossible to say with certainty that human activity does not play a part in the current warming trend.

Even if all the ice in the North Pole melts the sea level will not be affected by just that. Land bound ice such as the Greenland Ice Sheet is a different story. However we simply don't know how many volcanos are currently being plugged by that Ice Sheet. Some serious volcanic activity could result when those sheets melt away, resulting in significant cooling as well.

Nothing is cut and dry.

Adapt or die.

There is no climate model that can prove without a doubt that human activity is the cause of the current warming trend. But then again the climate is so complex there is no model that can predict anything for certain, so it is impossible to say with certainty that human activity does not play a part in the current warming trend.

Even if all the ice in the North Pole melts the sea level will not be affected by just that. Land bound ice such as the Greenland Ice Sheet is a different story. However we simply don't know how many volcanos are currently being plugged by that Ice Sheet. Some serious volcanic activity could result when those sheets melt away, resulting in significant cooling as well.

Nothing is cut and dry.

Adapt or die.

that is what mankind has always done. To think that we can control the climate of the planet is the height of arrogant ignorance.

Who do you trust?

the consumer does

Every thing
If not for the desire to make profit from this un proven and some what mis understood series of events, one would not feel so skeptical
And whose data are we using now?
May 30, 2013 - Global warming alarmists and their allies in the liberal media have been caught doctoring .... Another straightforward lie, unless de Freitas claims to be completely ignorant of .... All I did was give a report and forward emails.
Global Warming Alarmists Caught Doctoring '97-Percent Consensus' Claims - Forbes

These are your people Boo
Manipulation of evidence:
Climategate: the final nail in the coffin of 'Anthropogenic Global Warming'? ? Telegraph Blogs

I’ve just completed Mike’s Nature trick of adding in the real temps to each series for the last 20 years (ie from 1981 onwards) amd from 1961 for Keith’s to hide the decline.
Private doubts about whether the world really is heating up:

The fact is that we can’t account for the lack of warming at the moment and it is a travesty that we can’t. The CERES data published in the August BAMS 09 supplement on 2008 shows there should be even more warming: but the data are surely wrong. Our observing system is inadequate.
Suppression of evidence:

Can you delete any emails you may have had with Keith re AR4?
Keith will do likewise. He’s not in at the moment – minor family crisis.

Can you also email Gene and get him to do the same? I don’t have his new email address.

We will be getting Caspar to do likewise.

Fantasies of violence against prominent Climate Sceptic scientists:

Next
time I see Pat Michaels at a scientific meeting, I’ll be tempted to beat
the crap out of him. Very tempted.

Attempts to disguise the inconvenient truth of the Medieval Warm Period (MWP):

……Phil and I have recently submitted a paper using about a dozen NH records that fit this category, and many of which are available nearly 2K back–I think that trying to adopt a timeframe of 2K, rather than the usual 1K, addresses a good earlier point that Peck made w/ regard to the memo, that it would be nice to try to “contain” the putative “MWP”, even if we don’t yet have a hemispheric mean reconstruction available that far back….

the consumer does

Every thing
If not for the desire to make profit from this un proven and some what mis understood series of events, one would not feel so skeptical
And whose data are we using now?
May 30, 2013 - Global warming alarmists and their allies in the liberal media have been caught doctoring .... Another straightforward lie, unless de Freitas claims to be completely ignorant of .... All I did was give a report and forward emails.
Global Warming Alarmists Caught Doctoring '97-Percent Consensus' Claims - Forbes

These are your people Boo
Manipulation of evidence:
Climategate: the final nail in the coffin of 'Anthropogenic Global Warming'? ? Telegraph Blogs

I’ve just completed Mike’s Nature trick of adding in the real temps to each series for the last 20 years (ie from 1981 onwards) amd from 1961 for Keith’s to hide the decline.
Private doubts about whether the world really is heating up:

The fact is that we can’t account for the lack of warming at the moment and it is a travesty that we can’t. The CERES data published in the August BAMS 09 supplement on 2008 shows there should be even more warming: but the data are surely wrong. Our observing system is inadequate.
Suppression of evidence:

Can you delete any emails you may have had with Keith re AR4?
Keith will do likewise. He’s not in at the moment – minor family crisis.

Can you also email Gene and get him to do the same? I don’t have his new email address.

We will be getting Caspar to do likewise.

Fantasies of violence against prominent Climate Sceptic scientists:

Next
time I see Pat Michaels at a scientific meeting, I’ll be tempted to beat
the crap out of him. Very tempted.

Attempts to disguise the inconvenient truth of the Medieval Warm Period (MWP):

……Phil and I have recently submitted a paper using about a dozen NH records that fit this category, and many of which are available nearly 2K back–I think that trying to adopt a timeframe of 2K, rather than the usual 1K, addresses a good earlier point that Peck made w/ regard to the memo, that it would be nice to try to “contain” the putative “MWP”, even if we don’t yet have a hemispheric mean reconstruction available that far back….

Hide the decline, baby!

/thread

so instead of trying to answer a meaningful question, you resort to a brain dead attempt at humor. FAIL

Point out the meaningful question.

Nothing is cut and dry.

Adapt or die.

that is what mankind has always done. To think that we can control the climate of the planet is the height of arrogant ignorance.

Yep. To state categorically that human activity has had no effect on the climate, to me is ................

Nothing is cut and dry.

Adapt or die.

Yep. To state categorically that human activity has had no effect on the climate, to me is ................

Every action has a reaction
that is not open for debate
what that action is, now thats a different story
we know air pollution is not good. We also know that we have in this country made huge strides to eliminate the same
But is man the planet killer the left states we are?
how do we debate that when the main goal is cash from the left, not anything else
Carbon offsets or cap and trade is the solution
really?

Forum List

Back