Reagan Would Not be a Republican Today

There's no way in hell Reagan would approve of the pro-russian and overreaching government fascist bent of the current republican party. It is really fucking scary! Reagan would probably be campaigning for democrats and warning of the over throwing of our government by russian linked agents within the republican party.

That’s according to his daughter, who says the GOP would be unrecognizable to him today.

Which is completely correct. The party is so far away from what it used to be.

LOL, so he would be a Democrat? Someone should educate her that the GOP was unrecognizable to him then also, he was an outsider. Like Trumps, converted from Dem to GOP. She should clarify further so that people can correct her, or dismiss her as a shill if needed.

Family members of politicians aren't in any special position to know the politics of their family members. Just another jaded opportunist I presume.

If anything he would be a libertarian, something the GOP hated him for, unless she believes that the Liz Cheneys and John Boltons of the world represent Reaganism and/or "conservatism". If she made such a claim she should be put on ignore.

She is talking about dignity or one party only? She should expand on this.

Furthermore, his key message which he repeated over and over was basically "the government are the problem, get them the hell out of the lives of its citizens". The man was beautiful in this stance. "Dignity" is just code for "Trump says mean things"

Yes, the world gets it, it is baked into the cake. If those before him did their job well Trump would still be on his Reality TV show.

That’s according to his daughter, who says the GOP would be unrecognizable to him today.

He would be a repub. But he would not have a party and he could not be elected.

dog v3 1.60.gif

Hey Ronnie, you good with cutting wieners off of 6-year olds and killing full-term babies?

How about election theft or chicks with dicks grooming our 2nd graders?

No? Nah, I didn't think so.

So much for the self-loathing, suicidal cadaver take...

50661921-10217279-image-m-3_1637252705839.jpg

The seeds of this Republican party were planted by Reagan. Reagan destroyed the party of Lincoln. The party of Lincoln was a moderate party. Reagan killed it and set the stage for the abomination that this Republican party has become. It is therefore fitting that the party Reagan helped create, now has purged him and his supporters from its ranks. The Republican Party should change their name to MAGA or Trumplican. Put a fork through it, the Republican Party is dead.

1707791164661.jpg

It has reacted to Democrats. Pure and simple. As the democrats fell in love with War, the Republicans pulled away from wars.

The seeds of this Republican party were planted by Reagan. Reagan destroyed the party of Lincoln. The party of Lincoln was a moderate party. Reagan killed it and set the stage for the abomination that this Republican party has become. It is therefore fitting that the party Reagan helped create, now has purged him and his supporters from its ranks. The Republican Party should change their name to MAGA or Trumplican. Put a fork through it, the Republican Party is dead.

View attachment 901392
The Democrats have changed for the worse. I was one of them for 4 decades. They are not the party I quit. They morphed into a party of hate.

He was once. It all depends on how much Trump would turn his stomach. :dunno:
When he was younger he was a Democrat. So was I one. So why did he and I quit that party? We were sick of hate. We were sick of being lied to. We wanted truth. We joined the Democrats.

Keep in mind their wars. We came out of WW2 damaged. We were sick of war. Ike did not bring us into wars. Truman did. Kennedy did. Johnson did. We wanted no more war.

I read Patti Davis's autobiography back in the 90's. What I recall was she didn't like her parents, at all, and accused them of all kinds of mean things.

Like her brother, Ron, formerly of MSNBC, she was a Californian leftist, and very bitter about all kinds of things.

Forum List

Back