Reagan Unumployment rate was 10.8% at the End of 82

David Stockman.

I realize you're a stupid partisan hack who can't get out of his own way. But even you, with your obvious grade school education, can recognize that "people" is plural and "Dave Stockman" is singular.
FAIL.

Alan Greenspan.

Paul Volcker.

Alan Greenspan wasn't one of Reagan's people. He was an appointee at the a-political Fed.
Volcker is a Democrat and was appointed by Carter.

Neither one of them served as advisors to Reagan.

I realize you're a stupid partisan hack who can't get out of his own way. But even you, with your obvious grade school education, can recognize that "people" is plural and "Dave Stockman" is singular.
FAIL.

Alan Greenspan.

Paul Volcker.

Alan Greenspan wasn't one of Reagan's people. He was an appointee at the a-political Fed.

LOl...You're not just a racist piece of shit, you're a dumb racist piece of shit.

Alan Greenspan was appointed by Ronald Reagan. The "apolitical" fed!:)) :))

He was also an advocate for Reagan's monetary policies.

I didn't say they advised him. I said they were his people - because they were.

Alan Greenspan.

Paul Volcker.

LOl...You're not just a racist piece of shit, you're a dumb racist piece of shit.

Gd are you an idiot of galactic proportions.

First you state that Reagan's own people say his programs failed. Then when pressed for names you give one, someone who ended up getting fired for being an idiot, btw.
Then you name two people, neither one of whom served as advisors to Reagan, and then claimed they were "Reagan's own people." By that standard David Souther is "Bush's own person".
They had no association with Reagan other than being appointed by him (in Greenspan's case) and serving during roughly the same term as him (in Volcker's case).

First you state that Reagan's own people say his programs failed. Then when pressed for names you give one, someone who ended up getting fired for being an idiot, btw.
Then you name two people, neither one of whom served as advisors to Reagan, and then claimed they were "Reagan's own people." By that standard David Souther is "Bush's own person".

I never said they were Reagan's advisors. I said they were his people - because they were his people. One worked with him to end stagflation and the other was appointed by him to what you call the "apolitical fed" (which is perhaps among the ten dumbest things you've ever said. perhaps).

I never said they were Reagan's advisors. I said they were his people - because they were his people. One worked with him to end stagflation and the other was appointed by him to what you call the "apolitical fed" (which is perhaps among the ten dumbest things you've ever said. perhaps).

You're merely repeating your previous errors here. That isn't debate.
So Reagan's advisors, like Beryl Sprinkel or Martin Feldstein, were not "his people" but people who were not on his payroll or consulted him were.
Are you insane??

I didnt avoid it. I was busy trying to educate you as to what "Reaganomics" means.

So you avoided it by trying to 'educate me', a rose by any other name and all...

In fact you continue to prove yourself an idiot. How many of the people in the first group of "wealthy" were the same as in the second group of "wealthy"?

The ones you admit through your obfuscation were disproportionately helped through three generation of GOP policies? Those ones?

Hint, they aren't usually the same people.

Hint, terms like 'usually' are ineffective in debate.

Additionally, your point is understood as the opinion of one who wants to continue failed policy, regardless of what the facts show.

I didnt avoid it. I was busy trying to educate you as to what "Reaganomics" means.

So you avoided it by trying to 'educate me', a rose by any other name and all...

In fact you continue to prove yourself an idiot. How many of the people in the first group of "wealthy" were the same as in the second group of "wealthy"?

The ones you admit through your obfuscation were disproportionately helped through three generation of GOP policies? Those ones?

Additionally, your point is understood as the opinion of one who wants to continue failed policy, regardless of what the facts show.

Except the facts don't support what you think.
FAIL.

Except the facts don't support what you think.
FAIL.

Prosperity for all?

Here's the fact that matters.

Since 1980, when Reagan won the presidency promising prosperity through tax cuts, the average income of the vast majority—the bottom 90 percent of Americans—has increased a meager $303, or 1 percent. Put another way, for each dollar people in the vast majority made in 1980, in 2008 their income was up to $1.01.

Those at the top did better. The top 1 percent’s average income more than doubled to $1.1 million, according to an analysis of tax data by economists Thomas Piketty and Emmanuel Saez. The really rich, the top one-tenth of 1 percent, each enjoyed almost $4 in 2008 for each dollar in 1980.

The top 300,000 Americans now enjoy almost as much income as the bottom 150 million.

Your insults simply show you observe the Republican hate rhetoric style and they serve to discredit you and your posts, nothing more.

So Reagan's advisors, like Beryl Sprinkel or Martin Feldstein, were not "his people" but people who were not on his payroll or consulted him were.
Are you insane??

I never said anything about his advisors, with the exception of Stockman.

You can spin your racist yarn anyway you'd like, but you remain wrong.

Are you insane??

I never said anything about his advisors, with the exception of Stockman.

You can spin your racist yarn anyway you'd like, but you remain wrong.

So when you used the term "his own people" you meant Stockman, who was one of his advisors, exclusively, even though "people" is a plural? And in your world Greenspan and Volcker were advisors while Sprinkel and Feldstein were not.

I wonder how Obama can justify having advisors like Rev Wright and Bill Ayers on his staff.

"The epitaph of the Reagan presidency will be: 'When Ronald Reagan became President, the United States was the largest creditor nation. When he left the presidency, we were the world's largest debtor nation.'"

--Lester Thurow, MIT professor of economics

"The epitaph of the Reagan presidency will be: 'When Ronald Reagan became President, the United States was the largest creditor nation. When he left the presidency, we were the world's largest debtor nation.'"

Know what the epitaph of the Obama presidency will be?

"Man, they really fucked it up."

Wow, snappy retort!

You're ok with Regan turning us from the single largest creditor nation into the largest debtor nation, in 8 short years? You don't see how that's applicable today? Do you advocate a continuation of that same policy?

Who is the 'they' in your quote anyway?

"In the Reagan years, more federal debt was added than in the entire prior history of the United States."

--Richard Darman (Reagan adviser), Who's in Control? Polar Politics and the Sensible Center

Wow, snappy retort!

You're ok with Regan turning us from the single largest creditor nation into the largest debtor nation, in 8 short years? You don't see how that's applicable today? Do you advocate a continuation of that same policy?

"They" would be the Obama administration.

Was it Reagan's fault the democrat controlled House wouldn't cut spending like they agreed to when he raised taxes in '86? His presidency turned the corner on our economy and started a boom period that lasted about 25 years.

Wow, snappy retort!

"They" would be the Obama administration.

Was it Reagan's fault the democrat controlled House wouldn't cut spending like they agreed to when he raised taxes in '86? His presidency turned the corner on our economy and started a boom period that lasted about 25 years.

**Sigh**

The Republican Party was in control of the Senate from January 1981 to January 1987. Besides, Congress actually spent less than what Regan originally had asked.

More information here: Budgets and Spending - The Reagan Years

Forum List

Back