Reagan/Bush Acted Without Congress To Shield Immigrants From Deportation

How is it fair to those that applied for and spent years waiting, and untold dollars, the legal way to get US citizenship, and had to study and pass a test? If they failed, they had to try again. They also had to be sponsored by a citizen, as well as be able to show proof of income to sustain them for so long, so they would not be an added burden here, either.

Yet you want those that have broken the law to be allowed to waltz in here doing none of that to be granted citizenship? Another requirement is speaking english, yet I seriously doubt that many of these illegal aliens can.
a good many of them know English......dont be fooled by them....many enjoy fucking with Americans trying to communicate with them....my nephew does it all the time.....and he is legal.....

So much ignorance about people coming here from other countries. Some in the US take pride in not educating our kids but most other countries do not. Many immigrants, legal and not, learn it in school.

Its usually older immigrants who don't speak the language. Chinese, SE Asia, Polynesians and yes, even Mexicans, here legally but older, sometimes don't speak English as well as younger people. The kids translate for the older people. Just as it has always been.

BFD

WASHINGTON (AP) — President Barack Obama's anticipated order that would shield millions of immigrants now living illegally in the U.S. from deportation is not without precedent.

Two of the last three Republican presidents — Ronald Reagan and George H.W. Bush — did the same thing in extending amnesty to family members who were not covered by the last major overhaul of immigration law in 1986.

There was no political explosion then comparable to the one Republicans are threatening now.

A tea party-influenced GOP is poised to erupt if and when Obama follows through on his promise. He wants to extend protection from deportation to millions of immigrant parents and spouses of U.S. citizens and permanent residents, and expand his 2-year-old program that shields immigrants brought illegally to this country as children.

"The audacity of this president to think he can completely destroy the rule of law with the stroke of a pen is unfathomable to me," said GOP Rep. Steve King of Iowa, an outspoken opponent of relaxing U.S. immigration law. "It is unconstitutional, it is cynical, and it violates the will of the American people."

Such strong feelings are common among congressional Republicans. GOP leaders warn that an executive order from Obama would "poison the well" and severely damage Republicans' willingness to work with the president during his final two years in office.

Some Republicans have even raised the possibility of impeachment.

More: Reagan, Bush Also Acted Without Congress To Shield Immigrants From Deportation

Yeah, but it's different when a black man wants to do it. It just is...somehow...
it has nothing to do with his color even though you want it to be........its called learning from the last time we did this.....AND there was lots of flak from the citizens last time this happened....so stick your color bullshit up your ass Chief.....

As usual, the right shows their ass by having to be nasty. As for learning....you can't even say that.....that impeachment of Clinton....how did that work for you? :rolleyes:
the right?.....me?.....i must be one of them RINO's since i dont hold very many righty views.....and i voted for Clinton twice and would do so again....so maybe you should learn before you label... so are you speaking for Lakota know?.....

Well excuse me.....your "colorful" response led me to think you were just another racist rightie. Maybe you are a RINO and don't know it? But why the nasty? That's the righties who usually do that.

WASHINGTON (AP) — President Barack Obama's anticipated order that would shield millions of immigrants now living illegally in the U.S. from deportation is not without precedent.

Two of the last three Republican presidents — Ronald Reagan and George H.W. Bush — did the same thing in extending amnesty to family members who were not covered by the last major overhaul of immigration law in 1986.

There was no political explosion then comparable to the one Republicans are threatening now.

A tea party-influenced GOP is poised to erupt if and when Obama follows through on his promise. He wants to extend protection from deportation to millions of immigrant parents and spouses of U.S. citizens and permanent residents, and expand his 2-year-old program that shields immigrants brought illegally to this country as children.

"The audacity of this president to think he can completely destroy the rule of law with the stroke of a pen is unfathomable to me," said GOP Rep. Steve King of Iowa, an outspoken opponent of relaxing U.S. immigration law. "It is unconstitutional, it is cynical, and it violates the will of the American people."

Such strong feelings are common among congressional Republicans. GOP leaders warn that an executive order from Obama would "poison the well" and severely damage Republicans' willingness to work with the president during his final two years in office.

More: Reagan, Bush Also Acted Without Congress To Shield Immigrants From Deportation

Yeah, but it's different when a black man wants to do it. It just is...somehow...

Leave it the far left to believe a known far left blog site for their "facts"..

How is it fair to those that applied for and spent years waiting, and untold dollars, the legal way to get US citizenship, and had to study and pass a test? If they failed, they had to try again. They also had to be sponsored by a citizen, as well as be able to show proof of income to sustain them for so long, so they would not be an added burden here, either.

Yet you want those that have broken the law to be allowed to waltz in here doing none of that to be granted citizenship? Another requirement is speaking english, yet I seriously doubt that many of these illegal aliens can.
a good many of them know English......dont be fooled by them....many enjoy fucking with Americans trying to communicate with them....my nephew does it all the time.....and he is legal.....

So much ignorance about people coming here from other countries. Some in the US take pride in not educating our kids but most other countries do not. Many immigrants, legal and not, learn it in school.

Its usually older immigrants who don't speak the language. Chinese, SE Asia, Polynesians and yes, even Mexicans, here legally but older, sometimes don't speak English as well as younger people. The kids translate for the older people. Just as it has always been.

BFD

The far lleft loves to spread the "ignorance about people coming here from other countries."

Next they will want to re label them undocumented workers... Wait!....

Too late...

Yeah, both of them had Democratic Congresses....big difference. Democrats try to work together with the President regardless of whether he is Republican or Democrat, the Republicans, not so much.

George H W Bush: Wiki
Early in his term, Bush faced the problem of what to do with leftover deficits spawned by the Reagan years. At $220 billion in 1990, the deficit had grown to three times its size since 1980. Bush was dedicated to curbing the deficit, believing that America could not continue to be a leader in the world without doing so. He began an effort to persuade the Democratic controlled Congress to act on the budget; with

Who controlled congress in 1986?

Republicans controlled the Senate from 1981 to 1987, and the White House from 1981 to 1993. Democrats controlled Congress
Who controlled congress in 1986

Yeah, both of them had Democratic Congresses....big difference. Democrats try to work together with the President regardless of whether he is Republican or Democrat, the Republicans, not so much.

Early in his term, Bush faced the problem of what to do with leftover deficits spawned by the Reagan years. At $220 billion in 1990, the deficit had grown to three times its size since 1980. Bush was dedicated to curbing the deficit, believing that America could not continue to be a leader in the world without doing so. He began an effort to persuade the Democratic controlled Congress to act on the budget; with

Republicans controlled the Senate from 1981 to 1987, and the White House from 1981 to 1993. Democrats controlled Congress

Oh my the far left drones on about the they work with others..

The irony of such comments...

it has nothing to do with his color even though you want it to be........its called learning from the last time we did this.....AND there was lots of flak from the citizens last time this happened....so stick your color bullshit up your ass Chief.....

As usual, the right shows their ass by having to be nasty. As for learning....you can't even say that.....that impeachment of Clinton....how did that work for you? :rolleyes:
the right?.....me?.....i must be one of them RINO's since i dont hold very many righty views.....and i voted for Clinton twice and would do so again....so maybe you should learn before you label... so are you speaking for Lakota know?.....

Well excuse me.....your "colorful" response led me to think you were just another racist rightie. Maybe you are a RINO and don't know it? But why the nasty? That's the righties who usually do that.
why the nasties?....you are asking me that?.....have you ever read some of the shit Lakota puts up?.....how about the racist shit Guno posts?....when you ask them that i will take that question to me seriously....and dont be like all the other people who said....."i dont know who Guno is"......the guy puts up 10+ threads daily.....70% of them racist.....

You're correct, but the circumstances are much different today than in 1986, when the economy was hot and employers were begging for workers. Because the economy was so good back then, it got little attention.

Unemployment today is still high, underemployment is even higher. In fact it's been miserable for average working class families since 2008. Democrats running for reelection this year asked Obama NOT to sign this executive order prior to the recent midterm election cycle for a reason.

There are millions of Democrats that are still looking for jobs, that are not going to be real happy with this executive order.

This is nothing more than a Hail Mary pass from Barack Obama to try to get an upsurge in his personal approval rating, that could easily end up paving the way to Republican victories in 2016.

You're correct, but the circumstances are much different today than in 1986, when the economy was hot and employers were begging for workers. Because the economy was so good back then, it got little attention.

Unemployment today is still high, underemployment is even higher. In fact it's been miserable for average working class families since 2008. Democrats running for reelection this year asked Obama NOT to sign this executive order prior to the recent midterm election cycle for a reason.

There are millions of Democrats that are still looking for jobs, that are not going to be real happy with this executive order.

This is nothing more than a Hail Mary pass from Barack Obama to try to get an upsurge in his personal approval rating, that could easily end up paving the way to Republican victories in 2016.
if the economy was so good back then....why were there so many people on the street back then?.....

Not so far as I'm concerned. I opposed it when they did and said as much.

I oppose it now.

The color of the man's skin means nothing to me.

That's the thing with these libs today. Because they just march in lockstep like sheep to anything their party wants. they think Everyone was like them under Reagan and Bush. It shows how shallow their thinking is. And how nice of the Hufferpufferpost and the AP to come to Obama's defense, AGAIN

Last edited:
You forgot the House, dear. It was Democratic majority.

It's going to happen, folks, and nothing the GOP can do will stop it or reverse it.

Accept that.

Accept that if we piss of the minorities over immigration, we lose massively in 2016. They will join with the Dems and beat our political asses into the ground.

Not to mention the MASSIVE demographic shift

Granny says, "Dat's right...

... dat's why immigration is so outta control now...

... `cause o' addled Ronnie...

... an' goofy George."

Reagan Bush Also Acted Without Congress To Shield Immigrants From Deportation

Yep...yes all you people who fall on your knees and worship the Ronnie God...he signed an Executive Order granting Amnesty to Undocumented Workers.

The Great Taker of Naps....The Eater of Jelly Beans.....the one....the only....the Alpha and the Omega....he that took long vacations.....yes...yes....yes...the actor in Chimpanzee Movies actually and honestly signed Executive Orders granting Amnesty to the spouses and minor children of Undocumented Workers.

Not to out done George H.W. Bush, first director of C.I.A. and Vice President to the One and Only Ronnie God DID THE EXACT SAME THING.

Not a hint of moral outrage then.

No threats of Impeachment.

Yet, when President Obama says he will sign an Executive Order that did exactly what TWO REPUG PRESIDENTS DID YOU HAVE A SHIT FIT!!!!

Hypocrite Much You Asshats?

You'll probably go to hell spea
Reagan Bush Also Acted Without Congress To Shield Immigrants From Deportation

Yep...yes all you people who fall on your knees and worship the Ronnie God...he signed an Executive Order granting Amnesty to Undocumented Workers.

The Great Taker of Naps....The Eater of Jelly Beans.....the one....the only....the Alpha and the Omega....he that took long vacations.....yes...yes....yes...the actor in Chimpanzee Movies actually and honestly signed Executive Orders granting Amnesty to the spouses and minor children of Undocumented Workers.

Not to out done George H.W. Bush, first director of C.I.A. and Vice President to the One and Only Ronnie God DID THE EXACT SAME THING.

Not a hint of moral outrage then.

No threats of Impeachment.

Yet, when President Obama says he will sign an Executive Order that did exactly what TWO REPUG PRESIDENTS DID YOU HAVE A SHIT FIT!!!!

Hypocrite Much You Asshats?

You'll probably go to hell speaking of Saint Ronald in that way. Saint Ronald isn't important because of what he did or didn't do. He's important because of the myth the right has built about him.

already posted but what does that have to do with Obambam?

and that is a lie, Reagan went through Congress and I don't remember Bush doing what Obama is calling to do.

Can you people come up and live in the here and NOW

pathetic

people need to shun the hufferpufferpost because that title is Outright LIE

Forum List

Back