Read the full text of the resignation letter of Mark Pomerantz (lead prosecutor in trump Manhattan criminal investigation)

JimH52

Diamond Member
Oct 14, 2007
US

Read the Full Text of Mark Pomerantz’s Resignation Letter

The former prosecutor who investigated Donald J. Trump believed that the former president was “guilty of numerous felony violations.”

The following is the full text of the resignation letter by Mark Pomerantz, who had investigated former President Donald J. Trump, but left after the Manhattan district attorney, Alvin Bragg, halted an effort to seek an indictment.

Dear Alvin,

I write to tender my resignation as a Special Assistant District Attorney and to explain my reasons for resigning.

As you know from our recent conversations and presentations, I believe that Donald Trump is guilty of numerous felony violations of the Penal Law in connection with the preparation and use of his annual Statements of Financial Condition. His financial statements were false, and he has a long history of fabricating information relating to his personal finances and lying about his assets to banks, the national media, counterparties, and many others, including the American people. The team that has been investigating Mr. Trump harbors no doubt about whether he committed crimes — he did.

In late 2021, then-District Attorney Cyrus Vance directed a thorough review of the facts and law relating to Mr. Trump’s financial statements. Mr. Vance had been intimately involved in our investigation, attending grand jury presentations, sitting in on certain witness interviews, and receiving regular reports about the progress of the investigation. He concluded that the facts warranted prosecution, and he directed the team to present evidence to a grand jury and to seek an indictment of Mr. Trump and other defendants as soon as reasonably possible.

This work was underway when you took office as District Attorney. You have devoted significant time and energy to understanding the evidence we have accumulated with respect to the Trump financial statements, as well as the applicable law. You have reached the decision not to go forward with the grand jury presentation and not to seek criminal charges at the present time. The investigation has been suspended indefinitely. Of course, that is your decision to make. I do not question your authority to make it, and I accept that you have made it sincerely. However, a decision made in good faith may nevertheless be wrong. I believe that your decision not to prosecute Donald Trump now, and on the existing record, is misguided and completely contrary to the public interest. I therefore cannot continue in my current position.

Sign up for the New York Today Newsletter Each morning, get the latest on New York businesses, arts, sports, dining, style and more. Get it sent to your inbox.

In my view, the public interest warrants the criminal prosecution of Mr. Trump, and such a prosecution should be brought without any further delay. Because of the complexity of the facts, the refusal of Mr. Trump and the Trump Organization to cooperate with our investigation, and their affirmative steps to frustrate our ability to follow the facts, this investigation has already consumed a great deal of time. As to Mr. Trump, the great bulk of the evidence relates to his management of the Trump Organization before he became President of the United States. These facts are already dated, and our ability to establish what happened may erode with the further passage of time. Many of the salient facts have been made public in proceedings brought by the Office of the Attorney General, and the public has rightly inquired about the pace of our investigation. Most importantly, the further passage of time will raise additional questions about the failure to hold Mr. Trump accountable for his criminal conduct.

To the extent you have raised issues as to the legal and factual sufficiency of our case and the likelihood that a prosecution would succeed, I and others have advised you that we have evidence sufficient to establish Mr. Trump’s guilt beyond a reasonable doubt, and we believe that the prosecution would prevail if charges were brought and the matter were tried to an impartial jury. No case is perfect. Whatever the risks of bringing the case may be, I am convinced that a failure to prosecute will pose much greater risks in terms of public confidence in the fair administration of justice. As I have suggested to you, respect for the rule of law, and the need to reinforce the bedrock proposition that “no man is above the law,” require that this prosecution be brought even if a conviction is not certain.

I also do not believe that suspending the investigation pending future developments will lead to a stronger case or dispel your reluctance to bring charges. No events are likely to occur that will alter the nature of the case or dramatically change the quality or quantity of the evidence available to the prosecution. There are always additional facts to be pursued. But the investigative team that has been working on this matter for many months does not believe that it makes law enforcement sense to postpone a prosecution in the hope that additional evidence will somehow emerge. On the contrary, I and others believe that your decision not to authorize prosecution now will doom any future prospects that Mr. Trump will be prosecuted for the criminal conduct we have been investigating.

I fear that your decision means that Mr. Trump will not be held fully accountable for his crimes. I have worked too hard as a lawyer, and for too long, now to become a passive participant in what I believe to be a grave failure of justice. I therefore resign from my position as a Special Assistant District Attorney, effective immediately.

Sincerely,

Mark F. Pomerantz
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
The SOB is walking around free and probably will continue to break multiple laws, while you or I would be quickly prosecuted if we tried even one of the criminal activities he has committed. If trump is not held accountable for his criminal acts (felonies) this will be one of the greatest miscarriages of justice in the history of the United States.

It's bullshit. It's partisanship exploitation of a personal situation. Who writes that much in a resignation letter???

Bragg would not pass up the opportunity to prosecute Trump.

Bragg is BLAK, and is soft on violent crime in New York City; and he probably did not like Pomerantz, or the other way around.

Last edited:
It's bullshit. It's partisanship exploitation of a personal situation.

Bragg would not pass up the opportunity to prosecute Trump.

Bragg is BLAK, and is soft on violent crime in New York City; and he probably did not like Pomerantz, or the other way around.
I Ignore QUICKLY blatant racist. Thank you for letting us know that you are one.

The former prosecutor who investigated Donald J. Trump believed that the former president was “guilty of numerous felony violations.”

The following is the full text of the resignation letter by Mark Pomerantz, who had investigated former President Donald J. Trump, but left after the Manhattan district attorney, Alvin Bragg, halted an effort to seek an indictment.

Dear Alvin,

I write to tender my resignation as a Special Assistant District Attorney and to explain my reasons for resigning.

As you know from our recent conversations and presentations, I believe that Donald Trump is guilty of numerous felony violations of the Penal Law in connection with the preparation and use of his annual Statements of Financial Condition. His financial statements were false, and he has a long history of fabricating information relating to his personal finances and lying about his assets to banks, the national media, counterparties, and many others, including the American people. The team that has been investigating Mr. Trump harbors no doubt about whether he committed crimes — he did.

In late 2021, then-District Attorney Cyrus Vance directed a thorough review of the facts and law relating to Mr. Trump’s financial statements. Mr. Vance had been intimately involved in our investigation, attending grand jury presentations, sitting in on certain witness interviews, and receiving regular reports about the progress of the investigation. He concluded that the facts warranted prosecution, and he directed the team to present evidence to a grand jury and to seek an indictment of Mr. Trump and other defendants as soon as reasonably possible.

This work was underway when you took office as District Attorney. You have devoted significant time and energy to understanding the evidence we have accumulated with respect to the Trump financial statements, as well as the applicable law. You have reached the decision not to go forward with the grand jury presentation and not to seek criminal charges at the present time. The investigation has been suspended indefinitely. Of course, that is your decision to make. I do not question your authority to make it, and I accept that you have made it sincerely. However, a decision made in good faith may nevertheless be wrong. I believe that your decision not to prosecute Donald Trump now, and on the existing record, is misguided and completely contrary to the public interest. I therefore cannot continue in my current position.

Sign up for the New York Today Newsletter Each morning, get the latest on New York businesses, arts, sports, dining, style and more. Get it sent to your inbox.

In my view, the public interest warrants the criminal prosecution of Mr. Trump, and such a prosecution should be brought without any further delay. Because of the complexity of the facts, the refusal of Mr. Trump and the Trump Organization to cooperate with our investigation, and their affirmative steps to frustrate our ability to follow the facts, this investigation has already consumed a great deal of time. As to Mr. Trump, the great bulk of the evidence relates to his management of the Trump Organization before he became President of the United States. These facts are already dated, and our ability to establish what happened may erode with the further passage of time. Many of the salient facts have been made public in proceedings brought by the Office of the Attorney General, and the public has rightly inquired about the pace of our investigation. Most importantly, the further passage of time will raise additional questions about the failure to hold Mr. Trump accountable for his criminal conduct.

To the extent you have raised issues as to the legal and factual sufficiency of our case and the likelihood that a prosecution would succeed, I and others have advised you that we have evidence sufficient to establish Mr. Trump’s guilt beyond a reasonable doubt, and we believe that the prosecution would prevail if charges were brought and the matter were tried to an impartial jury. No case is perfect. Whatever the risks of bringing the case may be, I am convinced that a failure to prosecute will pose much greater risks in terms of public confidence in the fair administration of justice. As I have suggested to you, respect for the rule of law, and the need to reinforce the bedrock proposition that “no man is above the law,” require that this prosecution be brought even if a conviction is not certain.

I also do not believe that suspending the investigation pending future developments will lead to a stronger case or dispel your reluctance to bring charges. No events are likely to occur that will alter the nature of the case or dramatically change the quality or quantity of the evidence available to the prosecution. There are always additional facts to be pursued. But the investigative team that has been working on this matter for many months does not believe that it makes law enforcement sense to postpone a prosecution in the hope that additional evidence will somehow emerge. On the contrary, I and others believe that your decision not to authorize prosecution now will doom any future prospects that Mr. Trump will be prosecuted for the criminal conduct we have been investigating.

I fear that your decision means that Mr. Trump will not be held fully accountable for his crimes. I have worked too hard as a lawyer, and for too long, now to become a passive participant in what I believe to be a grave failure of justice. I therefore resign from my position as a Special Assistant District Attorney, effective immediately.

Sincerely,

Mark F. Pomerantz
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
The SOB is walking around free and probably will continue to break multiple laws, while you or I would be quickly prosecuted if we tried even one of the criminal activities he has committed. If trump is not held accountable for his criminal acts (felonies) this will be one of the greatest miscarriages of justice in the history of the United States.
What a surprise. . . I'm shocked, aren't you shocked? I know I'm shocked.

DecimalDaringKid.webp
ClosedFancyGroundhog.webp
ExhaustedPlayfulKillerwhale.webp
ShoddyEmbellishedCleanerwrasse.webp
CraftyNaiveImperialeagle.webp
AchingGleefulAnemone.webp

Dear Alvin,

Sincerely,

Mark F. Pomerantz
Signed....Waaah, Waah, Waah

Dear Alvin,

I also do not believe that suspending the investigation pending future developments will lead to a stronger case or dispel your reluctance to bring charges. No events are likely to occur that will alter the nature of the case or dramatically change the quality or quantity of the evidence available to the prosecution. There are always additional facts to be pursued. But the investigative team that has been working on this matter for many months does not believe that it makes law enforcement sense to postpone a pros

The novel War is Peace was shorter.

And more believable.

If you nuts had a shred of evidence, Trump would be in some dank dungeon by now.

How did he incite sedition? Give me a fact or stop talking. :blahblah:
It is illegal to yell "FIRE!" in a theater without there being a fired. It is also should be illegal to yell "VOTER FRAUD!" without there being any voter fraud. trump knew it...he was told many times there was no voter fraud. But after months of his lie, his mob attacked on January 6th.

It is illegal to yell "FIRE!" in a theater without there being a fired. It is also should be illegal to yell "VOTER FRAUD!" without there being any voter fraud. trump knew it...he was told many times there was no voter fraud. But after months of his lie, his mob attacked on January 6th.

You still havn't shown me or anyone else how he incited sedition. There was voter fraud. Prove the evidence of voter fraud wrong. I bet you havn't even looked at evidence of vother fraud have you? Your words may influence some young woke idiot but that's not me. Put up or shut up.

You still havn't shown me or anyone else how he incited sedition. There was voter fraud. Prove the evidence of voter fraud wrong. I bet you havn't even looked at evidence of vother fraud have you? Your words may influence some young woke idiot but that's not me. Put up or shut up.
You are lying. trump's own enabling AG said there was no voter fraud that would change the outcome of the election. You have no morals. You have no ethics. You listen and grovel at the feet of a serial liar.

If trump does run in 2024, one of the questions he will be asked is, "Do you still claim there was massive voter fraud in the 2020 Presidential election?" He will answer "Yes"

That will seal the deal for independent voters. They will not vote someone into the highest office in the land who is a proven and uncontrollable liar.

You are lying. trump's own enabling AG said there was no voter fraud that would change the outcome of the election. You have no morals. You have no ethics. You listen and grovel at the feet of a serial liar.

If trump does run in 2024, one of the questions he will be asked is, "Do you still claim there was massive voter fraud in the 2020 Presidential election?" He will answer "Yes"

That will seal the deal for independent voters. They will not vote someone into the highest office in the land who is a proven and uncontrollable liar.
Polls which the left seem to believe in show independents moving to the right because they have seen the evidence. I asked you if you have seen the evidence and you didn't answer me. You just wrote a half page of words but still didn't say anything. I ask you in 1 simple little paragraph a question that you couldn't answer. I tried to make simple for you.

Polls which the left seem to believe in show independents moving to the right because they have seen the evidence. I asked you if you have seen the evidence and you didn't answer me. You just wrote a half page of words but still didn't say anything. I ask you in 1 simple little paragraph a question that you couldn't answer. I tried to make simple for you.
You are so eat up with MAGA your eyeballs are turning brown. trump will tell voters to stay away in 2022 unless they fix the 2020 election. Watch

And you think he cares about the repub party....HA HA

You are so eat up with MAGA your eyeballs are turning brown. trump will tell voters to stay away in 2022 unless they fix the 2020 election. Watch

And you think he cares about the repub party....HA HA
Maga has zero to do with this. If the Republicans cheated and commited fraud that was so obvious as this, I would speak out against it as well. The reason you havn't seen the evidence of voter fraud is because the media you are controlled by hasn't shown it to you. How can have an opinion on this or anything else if you don't look at both sides. For your information I am not a Republican, I am a Conservative.

Last edited:
Maga has zero to do with this. If the Republicans cheated and commited fraud that was so obvious as this, I would speak out against it as well. The reason you havn't seen the evidence of voter fraud is because the media you are controlled by hasn't shown it to you. How can have an opinion on this or anything else if you don't look at both sides. For your information I am not a Republican, I am a Conservative.
The AG under trump....and I might add the ENABLING AG under trump examined the voting irregularities that you people have pointed out and he found NOTHING that would change the outcome of the 2020 presidential election.

trump had this lie cooked up long before the 2020 election. He had it in the tubes if he had lost to Hillary. He did not have to use ie.

Oh...you are a MAGA...which means you really are not a true conservative. You are a trumpian MAGA cult member. You are not fooling anyone...:nono:

Dear Alvin,

Sincerely,

Mark F. Pomerantz
I believe the prosecutor abused his office to harass a political opponent and should be in prison. The new DA hoping to not go to prison himself or be sued into bankruptcy for violating Mr Trumps and others civil rights forced this moron Pomerantz to resign.

Dear Alvin,

Sincerely,

Mark F. Pomerantz
In other words the various prosecutors “knew” Trump committed crimes, but despite spending millions of dollars and centuries of man hours couldn’t prove what they “knew”. Can you spell W I T C H H U N T?
With the access to records, unlimited financing and manhours, if there were crimes committed by Trump, the prosecutors should easily have been able to prove them. If he cheated on his taxes, the IRS and state tax organization records should have been enough to provide proof.

Forum List

Back