Raw milk anybody?

Nope. The dairy industry is even more cruel than the meat industry. And its a myth that dairy is healthy or necessary, funded by the very people who profit from it. It’s an archaic thing, and that’s why dairy is dying… If the government didn’t subsidize it and the free market was allowed to do its thing, it would be dying faster. :dunno:

Not exactly. The legality of selling/buying raw milk depends on state or county laws. Some states it is illegal, others it is legal, but is highly regulated..
Here in CA, I just put it in my shopping cart at Sprouts. Raw Farms is the brand. It costs a bit more, but I like it. Same with the raw milk kefir. I think it can be marketed elsewhere, but they have to call it pet food...

Humans need cow milk for nutrition about as much as they need lion and hippopotamus milk. I prefer almond milk.

Are you willing to let all those baby almonds go without nutrition just so you can have your morning latte?

Actually, you can get raw milk from grain fed cows as well.

The 'raw' only refers to milk free of post-milking processing.
Same problem though, of not knowing what chemicals were sprayed on the grain, right?

Humans need cow milk for nutrition about as much as they need lion and hippopotamus milk. I prefer almond milk.
Sounds pretty wasteful. Give a milk cow 4 gallons or so of water you can get a gallon of milk. It takes 1.1 gallons of water to grow one lousy almond. It take 1,900 gallons of water to grow 1 Lb. of almonds. Now how many gallons of almond milk to do you get out of that? 10% of all water in California is used to grow your almonds. Sure, they can't water their lawns, but you can get your fake almond milk.

Sounds pretty wasteful. Give a milk cow 4 gallons or so of water you can get a gallon of milk. It takes 1.1 gallons of water to grow one lousy almond. It take 1,900 gallons of water to grow 1 Lb. of almonds. Now how many gallons of almond milk to do you get out of that? 10% of all water in California is used to grow your almonds. Sure, they can't water their lawns, but you can get your fake almond milk.
Yeah, I saw a Bill Maher segment about it. The almond milk is way better for me though, and I don't drink much of it anyway. Are you really shaming me for indulging in some almond milk from time to time? Lol In how many ways do you contribute to the overindulgence of humanity? Bite me.

Last edited:
Raw milk is awesome, but is heavily regulated at best, and illegal at worst. All depends on your state and/or locale if you can even get it. Then of course is the price.

Best option, but few can have it, is to raise your own cows
I used to get a lot of whole raw milk as a kid on the farm. Sometimes very very good, especially real cold, but it depends on the grass they are eating in the pasture. Sometimes you have to sample to make sure you don't ruin a whole milk can before mixing. Kind of like honey, if the bees get into bitter weed.

Lol In how many ways do you contribute to the overindulgence of humanity?

In as many ways as I possibly can...

overindulgence.jpg

I used to get a lot of whole raw milk as a kid on the farm. Sometimes very very good, especially real cold, but it depends on the grass they are eating in the pasture. Sometimes you have to sample to make sure you don't ruin a whole milk can before mixing. Kind of like honey, if the bees get into bitter weed.

Same with any type animal or animal by products.......it depends on the quality of the feed going in as to what you'll get out

Yeah, I saw a Bill Maher segment about it. The almond milk is way better for me though, and I don't drink much of it anyway. Are you really shaming me for indulging in some almond milk from time to time? Lol In how many ways do you contribute to the overindulgence of humanity? Bite me.
Nah. Enjoy, man. I don't live in California. We got so much water here, we keep making more protected wetlands where farmers used to plow for a hundred years, along with raising and replacing our bridges. Remember, turn around don't drown. Welcome to Tennessee.

Actually, you can get raw milk from grain fed cows as well.

The 'raw' only refers to milk free of post-milking processing.

Yes but.......grains are not a normal diet for cows. The food industry has been force feeding them grains and other 'stuff', because it 'sweetens' the meat and milk of the cow.

You can buy it in the grocery store here in Maine and 9 other states.

states allow the sale of raw milk in retail stores
11states allow raw milk to be sold in any retail store: Arizona, California, Connecticut, Idaho, Maine, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Mexico, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, and Washington
1state requires that the store be owned by the producer of the milk: Utah
1state allows raw goat or sheep milk (not cow milk) to be sold in any retail store: Oregon

17states allow sales of raw milk only on the farm on which it was produced
10states allow on-farm sales of raw milk: Arkansas, Illinois, Kansas, Massachusetts, Minnesota, Nebraska, New York, Oklahoma, Texas, and Wisconsin
4states allow on-farm sales of raw milk as well as delivery of raw milk directly from the farm to consumers:
Missouri, South Dakota, Vermont, and Wyoming
3states allow on-farm sales of raw goat milk (not cow milk): Kentucky, Mississippi, and Rhode Island

8states allow raw milk to be obtained only through “cow-share” agreements
8states allow people to obtain raw milk only through cow-share agreements: Alaska, Colorado, Michigan, North Dakota, Ohio, Tennessee, Virginia, and West Virginia

20states prohibit the sale of raw milk for human consumption

Raw milk is milk that comes from grass-fed cows, is unpasteurized and unhomogenized. Raw milk costs a bit more, but it is healthier. Anybody else drink raw milk?
Not since I was a kid have I drank raw milk and the only reason I'd want any now is to make cheese or butter...

Forum List

Back