Raw milk anybody?

Cows are not normal animals. Do you see dairy cows surviving in the wild? What is normal for a cow is to live in a big barn with a bunch of other cows and getting milked twice a day.
They say our cows here in CA are happier though...

It's really easy to make.
Just shake the living shit out of it and your golden.
I shake heavy whipping cream in the carton it comes in for about 30 seconds, and the pour some in my coffee cup before I hit the brew button on the kurig. Looks like a professional cappuccino after it brews.

It's really easy to make.
Just shake the living shit out of it and your golden.
Speaking of golden, I also buy the raw milk kefir that is made with the golden milk recipe with ginger and turmeric. Tasty stuff...

Raw milk is milk that comes from grass-fed cows, is unpasteurized and unhomogenized. Raw milk costs a bit more, but it is healthier. Anybody else drink raw milk?

• From 1993 through 2006, 121 outbreaks were linked to dairy products identified as pasteurized or unpasteurized (raw). These outbreaks resulted in 4,413 illnesses, 239 hospitalizations, and 3 deaths.
  • 73 outbreaks (46 from fluid milk and 27 from cheese) were linked to raw milk, and 48 outbreaks (10 from fluid milk and 38 from cheese) were linked to pasteurized milk.
  • Probably no more than 1% of the milk consumed in the United States is raw, yet more outbreaks were linked to raw milk than by pasteurized milk.
  • If you consider the number of outbreaks associated with raw milk in light of the very small amount of milk that is consumed raw, the risk of outbreaks linked to raw milk is at least 150 times greater than the risk of outbreaks linked to pasteurized milk.

"raw milk" should be changed to "death milk".

Yer guts will sound like bagpipes before yah die.

They say our cows here in CA are happier though...

What is the metric for "cow happiness"?

What instruments are used to measure it?

Is there an international standard or does it vary from region to region?

My body doesn't tolerate cow's milk, raw or not.

I only drink almond milk or coconut milk or rice milk. Sometimes oat milk too.

Cows are not normal animals. Do you see dairy cows surviving in the wild? What is normal for a cow is to live in a big barn with a bunch of other cows and getting milked twice a day.

Depends on the 'wild'......you could compare to the Buffalo or Bison of history. They and cows are very similar. They survived in the wild just fine in the open grasslands.......and don't even start about hunting old Bessy.

You mean the people who keep us alive? Bless their little straw hats and overalls.

Have you actually looked into how any foodstuffs manage to get from the farm to the store? Or are you thinking of those pretty little pictures on the packaging???

Try watching Food Inc, and get to know just where & how your food is produced

• From 1993 through 2006, 121 outbreaks were linked to dairy products identified as pasteurized or unpasteurized (raw). These outbreaks resulted in 4,413 illnesses, 239 hospitalizations, and 3 deaths.
  • 73 outbreaks (46 from fluid milk and 27 from cheese) were linked to raw milk, and 48 outbreaks (10 from fluid milk and 38 from cheese) were linked to pasteurized milk.
  • Probably no more than 1% of the milk consumed in the United States is raw, yet more outbreaks were linked to raw milk than by pasteurized milk.
  • If you consider the number of outbreaks associated with raw milk in light of the very small amount of milk that is consumed raw, the risk of outbreaks linked to raw milk is at least 150 times greater than the risk of outbreaks linked to pasteurized milk.

"Outbreak" of what exactly??? Covid??? Food poisoning? Black plague????

Whatever it is, how did humanity ever survive before the sale of milk was regulated.....somewhere around 1900??

Lol, I don't think you know much about raw milk, and I don't think you are much into health food. I think that you are so into bickering with your political opponents that you can't even step away from political war, even in the food section of the forum. I'd bet if I had started a thread about how bad raw milk is, you would be making a case FOR it. You have lingering effects of TDS, even though T has been gone for a year now.

Take some time away from the political war once in awhile. We can fight in the other subforums, but let's have some some neutral territory on these more benign subforums.

What is the metric for "cow happiness"?

What instruments are used to measure it?

Is there an international standard or does it vary from region to region?
I don't know. Our TV commercials say that CA cows are happier, but I see them standing together in stinky pastures. If I knew that my whole existence was specifically meant for meat or milk, I wouldn't be very happy. Hopefully, they have no idea what their purpose is.

I shake heavy whipping cream in the carton it comes in for about 30 seconds, and the pour some in my coffee cup before I hit the brew button on the kurig. Looks like a professional cappuccino after it brews.

No, put it in a container or jar with a tight fitting lid. Do not over fill it, you need room for expansion. Shake it or atleast keep it moving, it can take 30 minutes, or more.

When you can no longer see in the container or feel any movement inside, then you have whipped cream.....but if you want butter, and buttermilk, keep shaking it. You'll soon see it start to 'slide'. Keep shaking until you have a solid lump with milky liquid. Pour off the liquid, that is the buttermilk and can be used for making biscuits, pancakes or whatever. Shake it some more to get as much of the liquid out of the lump as possible. If left in, the liquid can sour and give the butter an off taste.

Then you need to 'wash' it.........pour in some cold water and shake and pour that off. Keep doing that until the water is clear. About 2 or 3 times, maybe 4. Now you can add some salt and press or mix it in.......or leave it unsalted.

Forum List

Back