If you know what you doin' it for
"Keep on pushin'"
If you at peace or you in a war
"Keep on pushin'"
Just make it through and the world is yours
"Keep on pushin'
Just make it through and the world is yours
"Keep on pushin'"

This is a quote I pulled off youtube which pretty much sums up the sentiment in the hip hop community regarding todays mainstream rappers. A little hood but pretty much on point.

real muthafucks dont get paid for real. if you have anythang positive 2 say to your ppl you get un-noticed. now if you promote sex murder drugs and money you def get paid. da devil is out here folks, playin your ass. stop dreamin ppl and wake da fuck up!!!! grown man dont wear women jeans and call dem skinny jeans. no bitch!!! dem your girl jeans take dem da fuck off.

Rap is done by wannabe thugs who can't sing and can't write songs, so they rip off riffs from white people.

I don't know if this music is solely responsible for the negative aspects of black culture or whether it'a the culture that has affected the music. That kind of goes into the whole chicken and the egg thing. Anyway even if we can't say rap music is at the root of the problem for sure, it should be agreed that ,in the least, it's helping to perpetuate a broken culture. It's not just blacks, many other groups are also effected negatively by this music. The music glorifies violence, materialism, crime, thuggish behavior, drug use, etc. Promotes misogyny, bigotry, speaking improper English, etc. Rappers are the ones that are immersed in the culture more than anyone. They've been able to profit monetarily greatly from this culture, yet despite their personal financial success many of them still can't stay out of trouble. Too many people, mostly black youth, try to emulate these people and it's a big problem in our society.

Here's a list of rapper currently in prison
Rappers in Jail - Complete List of Rappers in Prison
Instead of complaining, why don't you come up with something better?

I don't know if this music is solely responsible for the negative aspects of black culture or whether it'a the culture that has affected the music. That kind of goes into the whole chicken and the egg thing. Anyway even if we can't say rap music is at the root of the problem for sure, it should be agreed that ,in the least, it's helping to perpetuate a broken culture. It's not just blacks, many other groups are also effected negatively by this music. The music glorifies violence, materialism, crime, thuggish behavior, drug use, etc. Promotes misogyny, bigotry, speaking improper English, etc. Rappers are the ones that are immersed in the culture more than anyone. They've been able to profit monetarily greatly from this culture, yet despite their personal financial success many of them still can't stay out of trouble. Too many people, mostly black youth, try to emulate these people and it's a big problem in our society.

He cant because he has no clue what rap music is actually about.

What do you mean come up with something better? I think the answer to this problem is more people speaking out against it. Other than speaking out against it I don't know what else can be done.

I grew up listening to it. I know what it's about. Thank you. I still listen to it on the radio sometimes. It's a guilty pleasure. We need more people, particularly in the black community, speaking out against this ignorance. Right now no one is holding these rappers accountable.

In order to be an authentic rape music musician it helps to do jail time. Call it street cred. No phony wannabes allowed like Vanilla Ice.

The sad part is what you're saying isn't a joke, it's actually true. Having "street cred" is an important thing for these so-called artists.

In order to be an authentic rape music musician it helps to do jail time. Call it street cred. No phony wannabes allowed like Vanilla Ice.

Another clueless person but par for the course. Pretty much has nothing to do with it. Rapping is about dealing with life experiences primary from the hood perspective. If you go to the pen you can talk about that element. No body really cares if you have never been to the pen unless you are trying to claim you have in your rap. If you've never been and you try to rap about it you get called out.

Tupac was the best at it. Woke me up big time and put me on the right path. Too bad the media painted him as nothing but a thug.

Yeah most Tupac songs are all about positivity

Another clueless person but par for the course. Pretty much has nothing to do with it. Rapping is about dealing with life experiences primary from the hood perspective. If you go to the pen you can talk about that element. No body really cares if you have never been to the pen unless you are trying to claim you have in your rap. If you've never been and you try to rap about it you get called out.

That's obviously a lie.

I grew up listening to it. I know what it's about. Thank you. I still listen to it on the radio sometimes. It's a guilty pleasure. We need more people, particularly in the black community, speaking out against this ignorance. Right now no one is holding these rappers accountable.

Just because you listened doesnt mean you know what its about. If you did you would have never started this OP. I noticed you didnt listen to any of the raps I posted. Tell me how those are about guilty pleasures. Rap is primarily acknowledging reality and dealing with it by whatever means necessary to survive.

Tupac was the best at it. Woke me up big time and put me on the right path. Too bad the media painted him as nothing but a thug.

Yeah most Tupac songs are all about positivity

That's obviously a lie.

The only thing that is obvious is you are clueless about rap. Having demonstrated your rap illiteracy I cant take you seriously.

Forum List

Back