Rap Music

Please. Rap music is vile and a cancer to our society. Instead of focusing on what people said let's look at the face value of what's being said in those rap lyrics. Compare that to any other genre of music if you want. Tell me how rap music stacks up. Oldschool, you're just another guy that wants to make excuses for and ignore problems with black culture.

They used to say that about jazz music.
They used to say about rock music.

Again, so what? Compare rap lyrics at face value to rock lyrics at face value. Tell me what your conclusion is. Rap is obviously much worse than any genre of music in world history.

“Please. Rap music is vile and a cancer to our society.”

Ignorant, hyperbolic nonsense.

As already correctly noted, similar idiocy as been opined about various forms of music throughout the 20th Century: blues, ragtime, jazz, big band, country, R&B, rock and roll, rock music (Who, Stones, Cream), soul, disco, punk, grunge, and now rap/hip hop – which according to my 21 year old is currently passé.

Obviously your 21 year old doesn't know what he's talking about. According to record sales rap is the most popular form of music in America.

I thought the OP was about the influence of rap music? Not all rappers go to jail. I noted you assumed financial gain equaled interpersonal gain. It doesnt work that way. There are plenty of lotto winners that go broke. The reason is because they never learned money management. You give someone that breaks the law a lot of money and that wont stop them from doing illegal things. Education does that.

You refuse to hold the people that making this music and perpetuating in this antisocial lifestyle accountable. Guess what, young black kids idolize these thug rappers, not the record executives. I agree that the record labels are scum for giving these thugs a voice, but they're not telling these rappers what lyrics they have to write.

I think you are having trouble reading. I do hold people accountable for the negative music. The rappers themselves but mostly the white record label owners that wont pay for good rap to be marketed.

So it's a conspiracy where all the white record executives are forcing rappers to write thug lyrics??? Get real dude. These record labels probably have some influence in the music being put out. My guess is they make the artist tone down the thuggish music in order for it to be more radio friendly. For the most part these rappers have autonomy when it comes to themusic

Sounds like you have less than a clue of what you are talking about. Its not a conspiracy. Its a fact. Do some research before you start speaking on things you know nothing about. The rappers dont have autonomy. They sign that away to the record label. Are you really the dim witted?

I find it hard to believe you have 60 year old Jewish guys tell these thugs that have all been to jail say nigga, bitch, murk you, etc. in their songs. You're exaggerating the influence of the record label because you want to minimize the negative things that are being done by black people. You're a Dodger. Instead of looking at the real problem and trying to fix it, you focus you're attention on some other bullshit.

Doesnt matter what you find hard to believe. However, I am curious as to how you think the money flows from these 60 year old Jewish guys accounts to the rappers accounts. Are you saying the rappers have long ago seized control of the record labels and only use the white guys as front me?

Please. Rap music is vile and a cancer to our society. Instead of focusing on what people said let's look at the face value of what's being said in those rap lyrics. Compare that to any other genre of music if you want. Tell me how rap music stacks up. Oldschool, you're just another guy that wants to make excuses for and ignore problems with black culture.

They used to say that about jazz music.
They used to say about rock music.

Again, so what? Compare rap lyrics at face value to rock lyrics at face value. Tell me what your conclusion is. Rap is obviously much worse than any genre of music in world history.
At face value nothing can beat the negativity of rock music. Devil worshippers listen to that stuff. So do mass murders and serial killers.

“...it should be agreed that ,in the least, it's helping to perpetuate a broken culture.”

No, it shouldn't – there is no agreement at all, as this fails as a post hoc fallacy, where there is no 'evidence' that any music “is helping to perpetuate a broken culture.” Indeed, there's no 'evidence' that any culture is 'broken,' this is merely your subjective, errant perception predicated on ignorance.

If you're referring to African-American culture, that culture is not 'broken,' it faces many problems and challenges but the vast majority of African-Americans live productive, responsible lives having nothing to do with misogyny, bigotry, or speaking “improper English.”

And many of the problems and challenges facing African-Americans are exacerbated by the ignorance exhibited by you and those who agree with you, this inane thread being one such example.

You're a joke. You ever hear how these thugs who get arrested talk, see how they dress? Better yet have you ever lived around them? Probably not, huh? To say there's no evidence that this music is perpetuating a culture is asinine. The rappers say it all the time - hip hop isn't just a music it's a life style.
Get a clue.

You want to say black culture is broken because most blacks are law abiding, good people? OK fine the culture isn't broken. You happy? Now can we talk about how the black community is head and shoulders above any other group in criminal activity, school drop out rates, single parents, incarceration, etc. Why do you and other stupid liberals want to downplay what these people are doing to themsevles? Could it be that you truly don't care as much as you say you do? Just a thought.

Hip hop is a lifestyle for some. The problem is you are trying to lump negative rap in with all the positive things. Its obvious you don't listen to rap so you simply have no clue about what you are saying. If you have a problem with negative rap then you should specify that and stop trying to condemn all rap since you are ignorant of it.

Hip hop is a lifestyle for some. The problem is you are trying to lump negative rap in with all the positive things. Its obvious you don't listen to rap so you simply have no clue about what you are saying. If you have a problem with negative rap then you should specify that and stop trying to condemn all rap since you are ignorant of it.
Ya, a lot of positives came out of rap music. Let's see... Tupac was shot and killed... Notorious BIG was shot and killed... Bugz was shot and killed... M-Bone was shot and killed... Lil Phat was shot and killed... Lil Jojo was shot and killed... Baby Papa Smurf was shot and killed... G-Sexx was shot and killed... and a whole bunch of other "rappers" were shot and killed...

You may want to consider white record labels are the culprits. Rap music has some very positive and inspiring messages. However the mainstream rap pushed on the public is pretty negative. Your white children are the biggest consumers as well.
They might be the biggest consumers, but they aren't out there emulating these rappers. They aren't committing a bunch of crime and getting "bitches" pregnant. White culture is way too strong for the vast majority of our children to be influenced by rap music. There might be the occasional dipshit, but they are far and few between. Black youths on the other hand eat that shit up. As a result, your community fucking sucks balls. Your stats across the board are fucking atrocious.

You may want to consider white record labels are the culprits. Rap music has some very positive and inspiring messages. However the mainstream rap pushed on the public is pretty negative. Your white children are the biggest consumers as well.
They might be the biggest consumers, but they aren't out there emulating these rappers. They aren't committing a bunch of crime and getting "bitches" pregnant. White culture is way too strong for the vast majority of our children to be influenced by rap music. There might be the occasional dipshit, but they are far and few between. Black youths on the other hand eat that shit up. As a result, your community fucking sucks balls. Your stats across the board are fucking atrocious.

You sound like a retarded chimp. On one hand you say white children are the biggest consumers but on the other hand you say they are not emulating rappers? If thats so what is the OP complaining about?

You sound like a retarded chimp. On one hand you say white children are the biggest consumers but on the other hand you say they are not emulating rappers? If thats so what is the OP complaining about?
Hes complaning about BLACK children emulating rappers. White children don't have this problem. Pay attention if youre going to comment on these threads.

Why is it black women want to look like white? Why is it white kids want to emulate poor black men? Rap. Crap. It isn't music. It's more like a chant to the dead, a vile repetitive slothful ranting of mindless idiots , chanting of the zombies to dance around the funeral pyre. Please. Art? Art isn't forced on you by ghetto youths with loud stereos in their spiffy little cars going BOOM BOOM BOOM.

Last edited:

Hes complaning about BLACK children emulating rappers. White children don't have this problem. Pay attention if youre going to comment on these threads.

I guess I was right about you being a retarded chimp. No wonder you cant read.

It's not just blacks, many other groups are also effected negatively by this music.

It's not just blacks, many other groups are also effected negatively by this music.
Im still not seeing where he said white people have this problem. Without a quote like that, you look like a fucking dummy. So, do you have a quote like that, dummy? :laugh:

Im still not seeing where he said white people have this problem. Without a quote like that, you look like a fucking dummy. So, do you have a quote like that, dummy? :laugh:
Thats because you are dummy. I just quoted where he said other groups. He didn't exclude white children dimwit. Until you can find me a quote where he excludes them they are included.

Rap just like any other form of music is an art. It seeks to make a statement. It brings to life a character and tells a narrative that needs to be understood. If you go beyond that then you simply have an ax to grind with black folks.

For example, listen to this song and try to understand the character that is being brought to life.

Rap just like any other form of music is an art. It seeks to make a statement. It brings to life a character and tells a narrative that needs to be understood. If you go beyond that then you simply have an ax to grind with black folks.

For example, listen to this song and try to understand the character that is being brought to life.

They wont be able to get past the literal meaning.

Forum List

Back