Rap Music

I don't know if this music is solely responsible for the negative aspects of black culture or whether it'a the culture that has affected the music. That kind of goes into the whole chicken and the egg thing. Anyway even if we can't say rap music is at the root of the problem for sure, it should be agreed that ,in the least, it's helping to perpetuate a broken culture. It's not just blacks, many other groups are also effected negatively by this music. The music glorifies violence, materialism, crime, thuggish behavior, drug use, etc. Promotes misogyny, bigotry, speaking improper English, etc. Rappers are the ones that are immersed in the culture more than anyone. They've been able to profit monetarily greatly from this culture, yet despite their personal financial success many of them still can't stay out of trouble. Too many people, mostly black youth, try to emulate these people and it's a big problem in our society.

Here's a list of rapper currently in prison
Rappers in Jail - Complete List of Rappers in Prison
Instead of complaining, why don't you come up with something better?

He cant because he has no clue what rap music is actually about.

I grew up listening to it. I know what it's about. Thank you. I still listen to it on the radio sometimes. It's a guilty pleasure. We need more people, particularly in the black community, speaking out against this ignorance. Right now no one is holding these rappers accountable.

Just because you listened doesnt mean you know what its about. If you did you would have never started this OP. I noticed you didnt listen to any of the raps I posted. Tell me how those are about guilty pleasures. Rap is primarily acknowledging reality and dealing with it by whatever means necessary to survive.

No it's ignorant shit.

In order to be an authentic rape music musician it helps to do jail time. Call it street cred. No phony wannabes allowed like Vanilla Ice.

The sad part is what you're saying isn't a joke, it's actually true. Having "street cred" is an important thing for these so-called artists.
There is a reason they call it street cred and not jail cred. Has nothing to do with being in prison. The jail aspect is to excite the white kids into thinking they are dangerous.

Tupac was the best at it. Woke me up big time and put me on the right path. Too bad the media painted him as nothing but a thug.

Yeah most Tupac songs are all about positivity
In order to be an authentic rape music musician it helps to do jail time. Call it street cred. No phony wannabes allowed like Vanilla Ice.

Another clueless person but par for the course. Pretty much has nothing to do with it. Rapping is about dealing with life experiences primary from the hood perspective. If you go to the pen you can talk about that element. No body really cares if you have never been to the pen unless you are trying to claim you have in your rap. If you've never been and you try to rap about it you get called out.

That's obviously a lie.

The only thing that is obvious is you are clueless about rap. Having demonstrated your rap illiteracy I cant take you seriously.

This isn't much to learn about rap. All you have to do is listen to enough of it to understand the culture. I've listen to my fair share of rap to know what it's all about.

The sad part is what you're saying isn't a joke, it's actually true. Having "street cred" is an important thing for these so-called artists.
There is a reason they call it street cred and not jail cred. Has nothing to do with being in prison. The jail aspect is to excite the white kids into thinking they are dangerous.

Where do you come up with this shit?

Where do you come up with this shit?

I was going to ask you the same thing. Dont get mad because you supposedly listened to something and you cant figure out the meaning. I didnt come up with it. The record labels did. The are marketing to your white children. Making rappers seem dangerous seems to be some kind of thrill for white kids.

I don't know if this music is solely responsible for the negative aspects of black culture or whether it'a the culture that has affected the music. That kind of goes into the whole chicken and the egg thing. Anyway even if we can't say rap music is at the root of the problem for sure, it should be agreed that ,in the least, it's helping to perpetuate a broken culture. It's not just blacks, many other groups are also effected negatively by this music. The music glorifies violence, materialism, crime, thuggish behavior, drug use, etc. Promotes misogyny, bigotry, speaking improper English, etc. Rappers are the ones that are immersed in the culture more than anyone. They've been able to profit monetarily greatly from this culture, yet despite their personal financial success many of them still can't stay out of trouble. Too many people, mostly black youth, try to emulate these people and it's a big problem in our society.

I listened to rap while growing up, never been to Prison. The problem starts when people starting viewing Rap for more than what it is and consider it a lifestyle when then problems start.

Rap is a work of art. Listen to the song below and see how it illustrates beautifully the desire of disenfranchised youth to seek out fame. A true art mirrors life and rap certainly lives up to the promise.

It's a weird world we live in when the best rapper is "white" and the best golfer is "black".

Tupac was the best at it. Woke me up big time and put me on the right path. Too bad the media painted him as nothing but a thug.

Another clueless person but par for the course. Pretty much has nothing to do with it. Rapping is about dealing with life experiences primary from the hood perspective. If you go to the pen you can talk about that element. No body really cares if you have never been to the pen unless you are trying to claim you have in your rap. If you've never been and you try to rap about it you get called out.

That's obviously a lie.

The only thing that is obvious is you are clueless about rap. Having demonstrated your rap illiteracy I cant take you seriously.

This isn't much to learn about rap. All you have to do is listen to enough of it to understand the culture. I've listen to my fair share of rap to know what it's all about.

You have a lot to learn about rap. There is no way you listened to it and came away with that thought unless its too complex for you to comprehend. You have examples right here in this thread so you really have no excuse for being that dense but oh well.

It's a weird world we live in when the best rapper is "white" and the best golfer is "black".
Best rapper white? I hope you are talking about Eminem. He is good but he wouldn't crack the top ten all time.

I listened to rap while growing up, never been to Prison. The problem starts when people starting viewing Rap for more than what it is and consider it a lifestyle when then problems start.

That's obviously a lie.

You have a lot to learn about rap. There is no way you listened to it and came away with that thought unless its too complex for you to comprehend. You have examples right here in this thread so you really have no excuse for being that dense but oh well.

Too complex??? Don't make me laugh. It's simple minded, primitive shit.

I'm not saying everyone who listens to it is going to turn into a thug. The fact is too many kids try to emulate these rappers. It's unsavory culture that has gone unchecked.

I wonder what the next musical genre will get labeled as destroying America? I am still shocked America survived the onslaught of jazz and rock and roll.

That's obviously a lie.

Too complex??? Don't make me laugh. It's simple minded, primitive shit.

That pretty much tells me its too complex and mentally taxing for your level of intelligence. Thanks for admitting that.

Last edited:
I wonder what the next musical genre will get labeled as destroying America? I am still shocked America survived the onslaught of jazz and rock and roll.
Rap music glorifies gangs, guns, mistreating women, fighting, prison and crime in general. We arent talking about one band or one song, the entire rap industry is plagued with these bad messages. What negative messages did jazz and rock send on a regular basis? Drug use? Nope, you will only find a fraction of rock songs that talk about drugs, and most of those are songs of caution about how bad drugs are.

Rap is a completely different animal, and youre being dumb if you try to compare it to rock and roll. That is just absurd.

Rap music glorifies gangs, guns, mistreating women, fighting, prison and crime in general. We arent talking about one band or one song, the entire rap industry is plagued with these bad messages. What negative messages did jazz and rock send on a regular basis? Drug use? Nope, you will only find a fraction of rock songs that talk about drugs, and most of those are songs of caution about how bad drugs are.
We get it. Black men putting together words to form a message and creating art frightens you. Or maybe its the white women that are drawn to it. You must live in fear because raps influence is on everything now. Ooops maybe you didnt know that....Sorry....No actually I'm not. :laugh:

Rap is a completely different animal, and youre being dumb if you try to compare it to rock and roll. That is just absurd.
Oh yeah? Then how do you explain this?

Forum List

Back