Rand Paul to run for President in 2016

Hey look another guy we haven't heard of, a real fresh face, running for president.

Maybe somebody totally unknown who can shake the system up will run... maybe Newt Gingrich!

I'm pretty sure Rand Paul is on the opposite end of the spectrum from Newt Gingrich when it comes to being a "fresh face."

Except not really.

Hey look another guy we haven't heard of, a real fresh face, running for president.

Maybe somebody totally unknown who can shake the system up will run... maybe Newt Gingrich!

I'm pretty sure Rand Paul is on the opposite end of the spectrum from Newt Gingrich when it comes to being a "fresh face."

Except not really.

How do you figure? He was first elected to the Senate in 2010 and hasn't even finished his first term. Hard to get any more "fresh" than that. I think more people are likely to make the point that he needs more experience, rather than he's not "fresh" enough.

Except not really.

How do you figure? He was first elected to the Senate in 2010 and hasn't even finished his first term. Hard to get any more "fresh" than that. I think more people are likely to make the point that he needs more experience, rather than he's not "fresh" enough.

Because he's just Ron Paul 2.0. His dad is going to die, and he's going to keep running and sticking around as a candidate until he too dies probably.

I'd take him over almost all other Republican candidates. He seems to not be faking it.

I'm open to him, but I am still trying to figure him out. I think his Dad is a good guy though, but he's not his Dad.

This is how I feel about Rand. Even when I disagreed with Ron Paul I had respect for the way he stuck to his convictions. I was hopeful that Rand was the same until he endorsed Romney for president. I still have hope, but he is looking like another neocon to me so far.

Except not really.

Because he's just Ron Paul 2.0. His dad is going to die, and he's going to keep running and sticking around as a candidate until he too dies probably.

Not even close.

Not even close.

Is that why Ron Paul supporters say the difference between them is 28 years? They obviously have no problem backing the dude... and they're fucking RON PAUL supporters.

Not even close.

Is that why Ron Paul supporters say the difference between them is 28 years? They obviously have no problem backing the dude... and they're fucking RON PAUL supporters.

You're not paying very close attention. Some Ron Paul supporters are willing to back Rand, but many of us are not. I lost faith in Rand not when he endorsed Romney, but when he voted for sanctions, an act of war, against Iran. Ron Paul would never, and never did, vote for aggression against a nation that had done nothing to us. There are other examples as well.

EconomicPolicyJournal.com: The Problem with Rand Paul

Libertarians are not completely sold on Rand Paul, despite his name. Which is not to say that there aren't some who honestly support the way he does things, and those who do simply support him for his name. It's just that Rand does not appeal to libertarians the way his father did. He can get some, but not all of us.

Rand Paul sold out his father, he is a pure washington d.c. politician Rat.

Maybe. He's gone a different route in any case. I'll judge him on his record. When he as one.

Last edited:
Rand Paul sold out his father, he is a pure washington d.c. politician Rat.

Maybe. He's gong a different route in any case. I'll judge him on his record. When he as one.

I am judging him on his record too and fornthe record he endorsed someone other then his own father.

I would never vote for Rand Paul anyway but his character is shady on top of that imo.

Americans have never elected a radical as POTUS. Paul is a radical. If he had been POTUS during the time of Jefferson and Monroe the Louisiana Purchase would never have occurred.

Americans have never elected a radical as POTUS. Paul is a radical. If he had been POTUS during the time of Jefferson and Monroe the Louisiana Purchase would never have occurred.

Radical is so subjective as to mean nothing at all. Regardless, Jefferson was pretty "radical" before his Presidency, yet he was elected. In fact, one could easily argue Jefferson was far more radical than Rand Paul has ever been, and yet he made the Louisiana Purchase. Which is why these hypothetical scenarios like the one you put forward are complete and utter nonsense.

Forum List

Back