Rand Paul to run for President in 2016

Way to early to be discussing who is going to run for President next time around.
Obama has not even been inaugurated yet and we are discussing candidates for 2016.
Give it a Rest

This is a politics message board. If you don't want people to discuss future elections then you might be in the wrong place.

I realize that but I can't see 4 years of Hillary Vs Rand discussions

I doubt there's many people here predicting Rand as the GOP nominee in 2016, so you can probably rest easy. You're more likely to see Ryan vs. Clinton, Christie vs. Clinton, or Bush vs. Clinton. Maybe Rubio thrown in for good measure.

Rand candidacy as GOP or 3rd party will guarantee a Democratic victory.

Maybe they'll nominate Mitt again so that they have a chance.

Oh wait...

Mitt's chance would have improved tremendously if the hate rhetoric of the ultra right and some of the libertarians had been disavowed by Mitt at the convention.

He couldn't have disavowed us libertarians much more than he did at the convention, quite frankly.

Maybe they'll nominate Mitt again so that they have a chance.

Oh wait...

Mitt's chance would have improved tremendously if the hate rhetoric of the ultra right and some of the libertarians had been disavowed by Mitt at the convention.

There was nothing that could have improved Mitt's chances.

You are wrong. (see: I can be as dogmatic as you :lol:)

However, Clinton and Rand will not be the party candidates, I truly believe.

I haven't heard Rand say he wants to shut the government down, but I've heard other people say Rand wants to shut the government down. As for me, I don't like the fact that he voted for sanctions against Iran.

He said it. I heard the interview. He did set parimeters but it still concerns me.

We'll need the context.

Search my thread history. I started a thread on his comments. Not sure of the level of detail I included though. If memory serves me right it was an interview with Hannity.

We'll need the context.

Search my thread history. I started a thread on his comments. Not sure of the level of detail I included though. If memory serves me right it was an interview with Hannity.

I don't doubt that you did post it, but I don't have any interest in looking for it.
Neither did I lol. That's why I left it to you. Long day at work today and I'm content lifting my beer and typing. Searching would require too much thought...:D

There was nothing that could have improved Mitt's chances.

You are wrong. (see: I can be as dogmatic as you :lol:).
Maybe a different VP Candidate but I doubt that would have helped.

However, Clinton and Rand will not be the party candidates, I truly believe.

I have to agree with you on that

Take this with a grain of salt, but Eric Bolling from Fox News tweeted this earlier.

BREAKING NEWS ALERT! Source: "Rand Paul will run for President in 2016"

https://twitter.com/ericbolling/status/289792921677484033

I doubt Rand has made an official decision this early, considering anything could happen in the mean time. Regardless, he's certainly setting the stage for a run.

Sen. Rand Paul doesn’t explicitly deny that his eight-day visit to the Holy Land represents the launch of a 2016 Republican presidential nomination run, describing the trip as “more an effort to become part of an international stage.”

But at least some of the 40 evangelical Protestant leaders traveling with Mr. Paul think otherwise.

“This trip to meet with Israelis, Arabs and Palestinians is absolutely the first step in his 2016 White House campaign,” said David Lane, evangelical political organizer and president of the Los Angeles-based Pastors and Pews.

Paul's Mideast trip stirs talk of 2016 run - Washington Times

He'd also, presumably, be running for re-election in the Senate as well, however, and that seems like a lot of work.

That's so heart warming.

Following in the foot steps of poppa!

:D

Take this with a grain of salt, but Eric Bolling from Fox News tweeted this earlier.

I doubt Rand has made an official decision this early, considering anything could happen in the mean time. Regardless, he's certainly setting the stage for a run.

Sen. Rand Paul doesn’t explicitly deny that his eight-day visit to the Holy Land represents the launch of a 2016 Republican presidential nomination run, describing the trip as “more an effort to become part of an international stage.”

But at least some of the 40 evangelical Protestant leaders traveling with Mr. Paul think otherwise.

“This trip to meet with Israelis, Arabs and Palestinians is absolutely the first step in his 2016 White House campaign,” said David Lane, evangelical political organizer and president of the Los Angeles-based Pastors and Pews.

He'd also, presumably, be running for re-election in the Senate as well, however, and that seems like a lot of work.

That's so heart warming.

Not really.

That's so heart warming.

Yes, keeping the tradition of village idiot alive and well.

Way to early to be discussing who is going to run for President next time around.
Obama has not even been inaugurated yet and we are discussing candidates for 2016.
Give it a Rest

This is a politics message board. If you don't want people to discuss future elections then you might be in the wrong place.

That election is four years away. There will be many occurances between now and then that may reset the whole landscape. As fun as it might be to discuss people that presently are prominent in politics, we may get a surprise on both sides of the aisle by that time.

Now 2014 is quite a bit closer, and present political battles will definately be remembered then.

Give it a Rest

That election is four years away. There will be many occurances between now and then that may reset the whole landscape. As fun as it might be to discuss people that presently are prominent in politics, we may get a surprise on both sides of the aisle by that time.

Now 2014 is quite a bit closer, and present political battles will definately be remembered then.

From the first post:

I doubt Rand has made an official decision this early, considering anything could happen in the mean time.

Thank you for telling me something I already acknowledged.

Forum List

Back